BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2014 7:09 am  #41

Re: "Sorry there's no double room..."

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Davina wrote:

'Normal' as in stereotypical.

Precisely,Davina, thanks . I should have used that word. I meant to say that Watson's actions were typical of a 30 year old single heterosexual male. If he was blowing off multiple girlfriends by going out drinking or playing golf with his buddy or buddies, there would be no gay inference. Unfortunately I have dated many of these men (:

Are we supposed to think Martin and Ben are 30?
They aren't, so why should we think that?

January 21, 2014 8:10 am  #42

Sheryl? Seriously?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 21, 2014 8:47 am  #43

SolarSystem wrote:

Sheryl? Seriously?

I must have missed something for two years. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2014 9:53 am  #44

Same here.
He who? (to quote Sherlock in TSoT)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 21, 2014 9:56 am  #45

Well, we have a female Watson in Elementary. So what about a female Sherlock with nice curls? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2014 10:04 am  #46

There shouldn't be any confusion over their sexuality come S4.
If they end up sharing a flat again it will be a married/divorced/widower sharing with a guy whose celebrity name is Shag-A-Lot Holmes and is known to do 7 times a night (as long as the lady in question is wearing a deerstalker).

January 21, 2014 10:17 am  #47

...and since it's a celebrity name we all know how close to reality that most certainly is.

February 11, 2014 2:36 am  #48

Someone said the landlord shouldn't have just assumed that two men were a gay couple.

I think part of it might have been seeing them look at each other right before he said that to John. Didn't it kind of look like John was gazing dreamily at Sherlock? And while Sherlock was probably doing his usual observation thing, it might have looked like he was returning the gaze, or checking John out.

February 11, 2014 2:47 am  #49

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

Someone said the landlord shouldn't have just assumed that two men were a gay couple.

A lot of people think they have almost infallible gaydar. But sometimes it IS fallible. It wasn't that it was just two men traveling together, but the gay innkeeper apparently thought he got a vibe off them or something. ??

February 11, 2014 7:47 am  #50

Maybe it was wishful thinking from the landlords? Especially the one with the red scarf? Heaven knows that has happened to me a few times *cough*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2014 6:06 pm  #51

ancientsgate wrote:

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

A lot of people think they have almost infallible gaydar. But sometimes it IS fallible. It wasn't that it was just two men traveling together, but the gay innkeeper apparently thought he got a vibe off them or something. ??

I meant, could the looks they were giving each other have contributed to that "vibe"?

February 11, 2014 7:08 pm  #52

SusiGo wrote:

If  I remember correctly the innkeeper apologises for not having a double room (one bed) but only a twin (two beds in one room). He supposes a couple surely would prefer to sleep in one bed.
This of course changes a lot of things, especially how they spent the night after the row in the fireplace scene. 

I would like to just state for the record that two people can sleep in a twin bed if they do it right.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 11, 2014 9:39 pm  #53

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

I meant, could the looks they were giving each other have contributed to that "vibe"?

Well, since the whole show is full of Sherlock and John having eye sechs, I can say with some certainty that that's a real possibility.  *smile*

February 12, 2014 11:39 pm  #54

One of the funniest canon moments is when they share a room and Sherlock comes in and says something like...Watson do you think you could sleep soundly in your bed while sharing a room with a raving lunatic....
A scene like tht would of been really funny after the fireside crazy sherlock argument.

Last edited by lil (February 12, 2014 11:40 pm)

Board footera