BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2014 7:58 pm  #2681

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Absolutely usual practice, zeratul.

Last edited by gently69 (January 16, 2014 8:22 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 16, 2014 8:12 pm  #2682

Well I actually listened to it on Deezer for many days now, but as it is just streaming... I bought it with Amazon AutoRip. Would have bought it from uk but AutoRip is only eligible for delivering in the same country as ordered...

Well the interesting thing about it might be, that I had the same ringtone for more than 5 years ^^.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 17, 2014 4:04 pm  #2683

I just realized that my tattoo kinda qualifies for this thread...

January 17, 2014 4:17 pm  #2684

A Good luck kitty (Blind Banker)
A Skull (Study in Pink)
Everything's burning (the Great Game) 

Yeah I'd say that Tattoo definitely is appropo! 
Well done sir! (particularly if you got that just for it's own merits and realized the underlying connections after the fact!

"I am Lost without my Blogger!"

January 17, 2014 4:19 pm  #2685

I drew it based on a weird dream I had a long time ago...the Sherlock references just kinda happened to coincide. 

Last edited by Weirdness (January 17, 2014 5:37 pm)

January 17, 2014 7:30 pm  #2686

gently69 wrote:

... you have a song in your head, which you can't get rid of... "Do hear you the people sing?" and don't connect it to "Les Mis" but to Sherlock.

I'm not sure where the connection is....but I haven't seen ANY Season 3 yet.

You know you're obsessed...when you think the gay couple you're related to look like Holmes and Watson. (They are scarily the same contrast of physical types as the Holmes and Watson of canon...one is much taller and thinner than the other. They are also big fans of canon...but too purist to watch BBC...and convinced that Holmes is asexual.)

It never seems to be the gay men who are slashers...it's the women who like Brett, Cumberbatch, etc.

January 17, 2014 7:37 pm  #2687

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

gently69 wrote:

... you have a song in your head, which you can't get rid of... "Do hear you the people sing?" and don't connect it to "Les Mis" but to Sherlock.

I'm not sure where the connection is....but I haven't seen ANY Season 3 yet.

Well... you will see then. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 20, 2014 8:19 am  #2688

´We are on accounting practise at the moment and I name all the fictive persons I have to make up from the Sherlock characters.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 20, 2014 3:44 pm  #2689

1. When you buy a violin with the intent of playing it poorly.
2. When you wouldn't mind living with strange men in unkempt rooms
3. When you name your child or pet Mycroft
4. When you're nice to the homeless in London because they could be members of the Baker Street Irregulars
5. When you read or write fan fiction and actually enjoy it.

Last edited by SteveNJ (January 20, 2014 4:10 pm)

"the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.”

January 20, 2014 10:12 pm  #2690

gently69 wrote:

He he, just spotted a man with a "Jesus lives" sign. And in my mind I crossed Jesus and wrote Sherlock over it.

"He is Risen" is almost worse for this.

January 21, 2014 6:42 am  #2691

Though at least Sherlock did rise...but then he'd never been dead in the first place...hmmm.
But then Sherlock did rise a second time!

Last edited by besleybean (January 21, 2014 6:43 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2014 9:09 am  #2692

I realised I was pretty obsessed when it was the first thing I thought of in the morning, and the last thing I thought of at night (after HLV).

I have also planned a day trip to London just to go to Speedy's/221b!

Oops

I'm clueing for looks

January 21, 2014 3:31 pm  #2693

SteveNJ wrote:

I don't so much see this as a sign of obsession as of good taste in literature. Personally I've seen more good literature amongst fanfiction that I have in so called original fiction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 21, 2014 3:46 pm  #2694

Just knowing it exists explains all.

Ormond Sacker wrote:

SteveNJ wrote:

I don't so much see this as a sign of obsession as of good taste in literature. Personally I've seen more good literature amongst fanfiction that I have in so called original fiction.

"the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.”

January 22, 2014 3:00 pm  #2695

...you are registered in 3 other forums as well but haven't been there for months because you aren't interested in anything else than Sherlock and Benedict any more.

(Tony Hadley)

January 22, 2014 3:08 pm  #2696

gently69 wrote:

...you are registered in 3 other forums as well but haven't been there for months because you aren't interested in anything else than Sherlock and Benedict any more.

sounds quite familiar

January 22, 2014 3:21 pm  #2697

Yeah it is, in fact. I visited the other forums regularly, one even daily but since I'm a member here (mid November last year) I was there 2... 3 times... shortly... not more. The stuff there seems so... boring.

(Tony Hadley)

January 22, 2014 3:27 pm  #2698

I still visit other forums, but just short browsing...
And they are in German... boring

January 22, 2014 5:53 pm  #2699

I have 2 other Sherlock forums, but don't bother much with either.

Last edited by besleybean (January 22, 2014 5:54 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 28, 2014 1:29 am  #2700

When you're not in front of a computer, you make notes on a little pad or sticky-note about thoughts you've had about anything Sherlock-related that you haven't posted yet.

When somebody leaves a message at your office that displays their lack of social skills, and you find it funny and go, "Sounds like Sherlock."

When you think of looking something up as "Sherlock-ing around for it." Or, in the case of legal research, if what you find helps your case/cause and you think of it as "Sherlock-ing" or "out-Sherlock-ing" the other side.

Last edited by SherlocklivesinOH (January 31, 2014 2:34 am)

Board footera