BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2013 10:17 pm  #161

Re: Mini Episode "Many Happy Returns" on the 24th

Michele wrote:

Did Anderson copy/steal Watson's jumper?

Maybe he hopes that Sherlock will like him just as much as he likes John when he sees him in a John-jumper.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 30, 2013 10:32 pm  #162

Good point. Anderson thinks that Sherlock likes men in jumpers wearing a moustache. And when Sherlock likes a man with a moustache, how much must he love one wearing a full beard? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2013 10:35 pm  #163

Sounds pretty logical to me.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 31, 2013 6:26 am  #164

Can I just say again I love all the details and references and associations our fandom makes/notices… whether thanks to the awesome writers doing in the first place, or just filling in our own blanks… even just a little minisode or a picture having neat little ones as well, like with the little hints to cases/canon, and stuff with Anderson, but even stuff like this:

Awww.   Yes.   

Last edited by Russell (December 31, 2013 7:55 am)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 5, 2014 1:56 pm  #165

Johanna Goldlocke wrote:

One more question about the "German jury": Even if a jury system existed in Germany (which it does not as some people have already stated) there is still  the question about when an accused person could be found guilty: with the vote of only ONE of the jurors? Please correct me if  I am wrong but I always thought, the verdict "guilty" has to be unanimous! And in this impossible case in Germany only one juror was sufficient?
Somehow I wonder what Non-Germans  who don't know anything about the German law system might deduct from this about court procedures in Germany!
I really like "many happy returns" but this jury thing is a rather big mistake, imho.

My take on this was that Sherlock then convinced all the other jurors to change their minds. Think 'Twelve Angry Men'.

January 5, 2014 5:50 pm  #166

I find the Hamburg scenes totally funny, apart from the fact we don't have a jury court, it's hilarious that members of the jury have such a strong accent when they say "nicht schuldig" 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 5, 2014 5:54 pm  #167

Oh yes, as a Hamburg citizen, I was VERY happy about that scene  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 20, 2014 5:42 pm  #168

Ivy wrote:

I find the Hamburg scenes totally funny, apart from the fact we don't have a jury court, it's hilarious that members of the jury have such a strong accent when they say "nicht schuldig" 

Totally with you ;).
Native english speakers won't notice maybe.
I still wonder why they have some jury thing there... Nonsense

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

Board footera