BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2014 1:06 am  #1

4 Things I Want from Sherlock Series 4

Hey guys, I just finished Sherlock season 3 and am so excited for season 4. I wrote an article about some things I want to see in season 4 and thought you guys would enjoy it. Hope this is posted in the right place and I hope to talk with you guys more about the show soon!

http://thenerdybomb.com/tv/four-things-sherlock-series-4/

January 16, 2014 2:15 pm  #2

Re: 4 Things I Want from Sherlock Series 4

Liked your article. 

I'm thinking, what if Mary becomes the protagonist from The Valley of Fear? That'd give her a good backstory and plenty of villains to hunt her, including Moriarty's brother. And the video is a threat to her. 

January 16, 2014 3:14 pm  #3

silverblaze wrote:

Liked your article. 

I'm thinking, what if Mary becomes the protagonist from The Valley of Fear? That'd give her a good backstory and plenty of villains to hunt her, including Moriarty's brother. And the video is a threat to her. 

McMurdo is one of my favourite canon characters ever! What a hero. That would be cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 16, 2014 3:35 pm  #4

No, I mean as backstory. This has already happened. After this, she came to England and took a new identity. 

January 20, 2014 3:27 pm  #5

I enjoyed reading your article.
I, too, want to see more interactions between Mycroft and Sherlock. I hope they do not go the route of more fake deaths. Sherlock faked his death, Moriarty may or may not have faked his death, a possible fake death for Mary? Yikes, at some point the dead should stay dead.

January 20, 2014 10:48 pm  #6

Continuing with the theme set out by the name of this thread - 4 Things I Want From Series 4 - why don't we try naming some of our own:

1. More science elements - there was hardly any chemistry in Series 3 and I missed it
2. More violin playing - we had the moment at the wedding but I would have liked more
3. Mary's death
4. More Mycroft/Sherlock scenarios, possibly where Mycroft gets into trouble and Sherlock has to save him somehow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 20, 2014 10:49 pm  #7

Also, more fighting. More hand to hand combat.

January 21, 2014 2:23 am  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Ah, some boxing or fencing would be appropriate and indeed very awesome.

And we choreographed a Jackie Chan-style fight where cosplaySherlock desperatelytries to put down his violin (he played in the living room when the baddies rolled in) but cannot pull himself out of the fight long enough to do so safely. Turned out to be a great auidience pleaser. Then again, I fear it woud be too slapstick/fan servicing for the oficial series 4... pah, humbug.

January 21, 2014 1:30 pm  #9

The Doctor wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Ah, some boxing or fencing would be appropriate and indeed very awesome.

And we choreographed a Jackie Chan-style fight where cosplaySherlock desperatelytries to put down his violin (he played in the living room when the baddies rolled in) but cannot pull himself out of the fight long enough to do so safely. Turned out to be a great auidience pleaser. Then again, I fear it woud be too slapstick/fan servicing for the oficial series 4... pah, humbug.

This is what he needs then, in that case:

January 21, 2014 1:54 pm  #10

1: a new badass villain that isn't Moriarty
2: Mary's backstory resolved
3: more about the Sherlock/Mycroft relationship, maybe taking it somewhere new
4: some good puzzles

January 21, 2014 9:57 pm  #11

1: tricky cases and clever deductions 
2: John showing how much Sherlock means to him
3: more Lestrade (far to little scenes with him this series  )
4: a case outside of London (like in THoB)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 22, 2014 6:26 am  #12

stoertebeker wrote:

borrowing these, because YES
I'd love something like Hounds...

Also, to name my 3 and 4:
- Sherlock-Scotland Yard interaction, wouldn't mind more Donovan and Lestrade
- new exciting London locations

"It is what it is."

January 22, 2014 9:39 am  #13

going abroad! maybe southern france or italy, that would be so lovely!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 22, 2014 9:57 am  #14

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

4. More Mycroft/Sherlock scenarios, possibly where Mycroft gets into trouble and Sherlock has to save him somehow.

Yeah... a good point. Would be something new.

And to go on...

2. More focus on interestiing cases again
3. But no business as usual (like it was in S1 + 2) because too much happenend in S3 and it can't go on without a trace (concerning the relationship of Sherlock and John... which doesn't mean that I need hugs and emotional talks all the time )
4. And please... no return of Moriarty. He may rest in peace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 22, 2014 11:48 am  #15

1. More Lestrade and (at least) as much Molly and Mycroft as we got this season.
2. Lots of mystery and deduction and science.
3. A new villian, I don't care if he's connected to Moriarty or not, as long as it's not Moriarty himself.
4. A story arc regarding Mary and Baby Watson, resulting in John and Sherlock living together again (doesn't have to be series 4, just something that I'd like to see at some point in the future).

January 22, 2014 12:13 pm  #16

1. More of the new, improved Mind Palace
2. More of the Sherlock / Mycroft relationship
3. A good, old-fashioned case
4. A good villain

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 22, 2014 12:54 pm  #17

1. John and Sherlock back together in 221B some time in the course of the 4th series
2. Continuous appearances of all of the BS regulars (Molly, Lestrade, Anderson, Mrs. Hudson, I liked 
     seeing more of them and finding out new things about them in series 3)
3. New interesting and gripping adventures (I absolutely loved TEH and SOT but I would like to see
    more case action going on next time around)
4. More insight into the Mycroft/Sherlock relationship and I wouldn't mind seeing mama and papa
    Holmes again.

Basically I also want to see a lot more of Amanda Abbington, I love her as an actress, but I just can't make up my mind on her character, change my opinion on Mary about 5 times a day at present and it kind of gets in the way of #1.
So, the four points named above are my absolute priorities.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

January 22, 2014 4:58 pm  #18

1. Drama
2. Cases
3. Darkness
4. Shocks

I've had a humour overdosis this season.

"Oh, please, killing me. That's so two years ago. ”

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

January 22, 2014 6:39 pm  #19

Very interesting and funny article, Redbeard Dawson (and a rather unexpected start of this thread).

Four things I want from series 4:

1. I don't want Moriarty to be alive. I honestly don't think he is anyway, especially since he looks rather young in the "Miss me" message- as though someone used old footage. Which, knowing Moffat, isn't necessarily a coincidence. And I agree with Dawson: if he comes back, it might never end. Some dead people really have to stay dead (Sherlock and certain wizards being the exception).

2. If Mary dies, I want John back in Baker Street ASAP.
Having said that, I really can't make up my mind about the baby. I don't think they'd kill Mary soon enough that the baby dies with her, that'd be something of a premature dénouement in my opinion, plus: having Mary on board means more material for backstory, conflict, past coming up to haunt her/them etc.
Having a baby on the show might allow for a few very comical and/or touching moments, but it shouldn't be too cute either.

3. More background story for Hudders and also Mycroft, with Redbeard as a bonus. Maybe having John finding out about him.

4. With regard to the History of Violence reference: I really wouldn't mind another Dane on the show- why yes, say Viggo Mortensen! (A girl can dream...)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 22, 2014 8:10 pm  #20

stoertebeker wrote:

2: John showing how much Sherlock means to him
3: more Lestrade (far to little scenes with him this series  )

I'm with you on 3 out of 4 but I prefer Sherlock to remain in London. Of course I'm biased; I live here - quite close to Barts- and in many ways Sherlock is about his love affair with London. And we all know that the Sherlock of canon regards the country as the epitome of evil, though perhaps, now I come to think of it, this is precisely why you want Sherlock to have a case there 

Board footera