BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2014 10:39 am  #1

amazon, I love you!

Just got the following:

"Hello,
We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on July 08 2013 (Order# 204-4821541-8087567).
The items listed below will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected based on the new release date:
     "Sherlock - Complete Series 3 [DVD]"
    Previous estimated arrival date: January 29 2014 - January 30 2014
    New estimated arrival date: January 22 2014 - January 23 2014"

That means I will have my DVD set only ten days after the last ep has aired on BBC! How great is that?

And I have just gifted myself with a new TV set and blueray-player.

Anyone else happy to have their pre-order fullfilled earlier?

Last edited by kete (January 1, 2014 10:39 am)

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

January 1, 2014 10:41 am  #2

Re: amazon, I love you!

YES! Two minutes ago hubby came to me and told me the same!
(Which doesn't mean that I "love" amazon........ )

Oh, and you ordered in..... July? lol

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 1, 2014 10:50 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 1, 2014 10:51 am  #3

Mattlocked wrote:

Oh, and you ordered in..... July? lol

I think I may have ordered the same day I was made aware that there was pre-order information.... *blush*

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

January 1, 2014 11:09 am  #4

Sorry for this question, but I have to ask ... are there subtitles on these DVDs? I mean, real subtitles and not the ones for deafs? Somethimes on English DVDs there are no real subtitles ...

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 1, 2014 11:12 am  #5

Oh wow, just three words to this: Happy New Year!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 1, 2014 11:17 am  #6

I don't know for sure for this one, but usually there are only English subtitles for the hard of hearing on English dvds....
But then again, on the German version you have all the texts on screen also in German.
So although it may be sometimes a bit unnerving ("dog barking" "bell ringing" and so on) I prefer the original UK version for Sherlock.

January 1, 2014 11:28 am  #7

@Mattlocked: Thanks! The thing is ... I can't wait for the German DVDs to come out ;D My problem is that I can't understand Ben because he speaking too fast for me ... so I need subtitles. But thanks for your answer!

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥

January 1, 2014 11:31 am  #8

But.... the subtitles for the hard of hearing are "complete"!? Even more than that.
What do you mean: that there might be no subtitles for the talking parts?
Or do you need German ones?

January 1, 2014 11:34 am  #9

No, no, I just need English ones. I don't like it when I have the English audio and German subtitles.
Okay, sorry, then I misunderstood you. So, there are full English subtitles on this DVD, yeah? But only for deafs or are there normal ones, too?

Last edited by sherlocked4ever (January 1, 2014 11:34 am)

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥

January 1, 2014 11:37 am  #10

Same here, German subtitles just irritate me.

That is what I don't know for sure. Maybe only for the hard of hearing. But where exacty do you see the difference to the "normal" ones?

January 1, 2014 11:39 am  #11

The difference is that there is the description of the noises in the background, for instance "A dog is barking".

Last edited by sherlocked4ever (January 1, 2014 11:43 am)

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥

January 1, 2014 11:44 am  #12

Yes, right. I agree, that can be disturbing sometimes.
Still, the German texts on screen on the last two Sherlock dvds annoyed me more.

I just checked my dvd S1 from London, there it only says "English for the Had of Hearing".

January 1, 2014 11:45 am  #13

@Mattlocked: Okay, thank you! I mean, it's no real problem to watch it with the hard-hearing subs, but it's annoying ;).

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥

January 1, 2014 11:56 am  #14

Just checked my emails and decided to love Amazon as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 1, 2014 8:20 pm  #15

Why didn't I get my e-mail? WHY?????
I pre-ordered in July too but my order will arrive sometime in February because Amazon UK uses regular mail to ship to South America. Still it will arrive one week earlier than I expected

January 19, 2014 6:34 pm  #16

Just ordered series 3 on amazon UK, yeah!!!

I have the German DVDs of series 1 and 2 and I hate that it just has the English audio track and all the visuals are in German. I knew I wouldn't make the same mistake with series 3. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 19, 2014 6:42 pm  #17

Got a nice little email from amazon again.
"Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Sherlock - Series 1-3..." has been dispatched"
YES!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 19, 2014 7:06 pm  #18

I avoid amazon whenever possible. I don't approve of their tax avoidance strategies and bad working conditions 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 19, 2014 7:07 pm  #19

Mine was shipped today, apparently. Hope to have it on my birthday, although I guess that's probably a long shot.

January 20, 2014 12:53 pm  #20

Unfortunately, I have to wait for the German version. My bf dosn't understand Englisch very well but loves Sherlock, too.
I know the German visualization will annoy me. And I do hope they don't mess with the dubbing too much.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

Board footera