BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



January 13, 2014 4:34 pm  #1


New molly!

This series of sherlock has been 1 of the best series so far. We got to see so many shades of all the characters!

A new step in sherlock and john's freindship, sherlock and mycroft's relation, sherlock display and attempt to hide his feelings, mary steping in, although i always found mary suspecious!
Right from the moment sherlock deducted her. When the word "clever" came up and still sherlock showed no interest in dedusing her further.. whatever..!

I've always liked molly and always felt that she's not just a mousy pathologist! And this series really showed her new side. The stuttering was finally over molly spoke for herself, she moved on. Not completely though her choice of boyfriend shows that he was look-a-like of sherlock! LOL
But i realy liked molly in HLV and excpect to see a lot of her in upcoming series

Does any1 else feels the same?


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
 

January 13, 2014 4:39 pm  #2


Re: New molly!

I agree, i really like this new Molly.

 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville
 

January 14, 2014 4:00 am  #3


Re: New molly!

I really liked the big role she played when Sherlock was "dying". It was Molly who essentialy kept Sherlock alive. In other words, his thought process of going through the stages of injury wasn't an unemotional, scientific, clinical analysis. It was Molly leading him. Mycroft also showed up for a sec, and even Anderson did too. I thought it paralleled the role that Mycroft had in TSoT when Sherlock is talking to the ghost boyfriend women. Both Molly and Mycroft led Sherlock's thoughts. Since we already know that Sherlock and his brother care for each other. Maybe this means Sherlock also cares for, or at least has lots of respect for Molly. 

Or maybe it's just me being a hopeless Sherlolly fan. But I hope not! At least no more engagement!

 

January 14, 2014 4:22 am  #4


Re: New molly!

While I like Molly I don't like the idea of Sherlock and Molly. Even after he was shot and in his Mind Palace with Moriarty, he was taunting Sherlock with the people he cares about and would be leaving behind to mourn him. Mentions Mrs. Hudson, The Woman, his parents, and John. While I think he does care and respect Molly, I don't think he harbors romantic feelings towards her. Especially with the Irene mentions this series.

 

January 14, 2014 5:49 am  #5


Re: New molly!

lindyhopper883 wrote:

I really liked the big role she played when Sherlock was "dying". It was Molly who essentialy kept Sherlock alive. In other words, his thought process of going through the stages of injury wasn't an unemotional, scientific, clinical analysis. It was Molly leading him. Mycroft also showed up for a sec, and even Anderson did too. I thought it paralleled the role that Mycroft had in TSoT when Sherlock is talking to the ghost boyfriend women. Both Molly and Mycroft led Sherlock's thoughts. Since we already know that Sherlock and his brother care for each other. Maybe this means Sherlock also cares for, or at least has lots of respect for Molly. 

Or maybe it's just me being a hopeless Sherlolly fan. But I hope not! At least no more engagement!

 
i just felt may be molly trying to save him may be a past memory may be after TRF. And may be he does cares for her but just keeps her away as to avoid more trouble for her.
m a sherlolly fan too but dont know how i'll react seeing their romantic involvement, if there is any to happen in future.


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
     Thread Starter
 

January 14, 2014 5:56 am  #6


Re: New molly!

Tetrisash wrote:

While I like Molly I don't like the idea of Sherlock and Molly. Even after he was shot and in his Mind Palace with Moriarty, he was taunting Sherlock with the people he cares about and would be leaving behind to mourn him. Mentions Mrs. Hudson, The Woman, his parents, and John. While I think he does care and respect Molly, I don't think he harbors romantic feelings towards her. Especially with the Irene mentions this series.

 
oh! think sherlock likes/loves Irene? It will be interesting to see her back too! Its not just her "woman who beat sherlock" there will be molly too i guess "woman who slapped sherlock" LOL :D


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
     Thread Starter
 

January 14, 2014 6:20 am  #7


Re: New molly!

I actually have some difficulties with this new Molly, because I'm not sure I really understand where this change is coming from. Or was it always there and they didn't show us...? Nah, don't think so.
So, where does it come from? Has it all to do with the role she played in Sherlock's faked death? Can it be that simple? To me, that would be a bit too simple, to be honest.

And I have to say that I always liked the Molly we saw in the first two series. I loved her despite the fact that she was so insecure when it came to Sherlock, I thought it was... endearing. Nevertheless she was strong - even though she didn't prick anyone with a fork. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png


___________________________________________________
"Am I the current King of England?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

 
 

January 14, 2014 6:33 am  #8


Re: New molly!

she was awesome in past 2 series. i did find her a bit disturbed in this series. And afterall sherlock is all about mysteries i like the new one !


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
     Thread Starter
 

January 14, 2014 6:43 am  #9


Re: New molly!

What do you mean by "And afterall sherlock is all about mysteries" - the fact that it's a bit of a mystery why Molly has changed? Because when it comes to character changes, I like to be able to see where they're coming from. People don't just change, there usually is a trigger for that. What's Molly's trigger? I don't really see it...


___________________________________________________
"Am I the current King of England?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

 
 

January 14, 2014 8:16 am  #10


Re: New molly!

I think she hasn´t changed so much. She was always clever, regarding her job e.g. But after TRF her relationship to Sherlock has changed - he is not treating her so cruelly anymore, respecting her much more and this causes more self-confidence in Molly in the interaction with Sherlock. But in deep personal matters she is still a little - hmhm - clumsy. Tom . She still is in love with Sherlock, cares about him (the slaps after the drug abuse). But she has more accepted somehow that he will never (I think) be more than a good friend.
I don´t see so much of a change, it´s just that we get more insight. For me this is not in contrast to the Molly before.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 14, 2014 8:18 am)

 

January 14, 2014 11:53 am  #11


Re: New molly!

SolarSystem wrote:

I actually have some difficulties with this new Molly, because I'm not sure I really understand where this change is coming from. Or was it always there and they didn't show us...? Nah, don't think so.
So, where does it come from? Has it all to do with the role she played in Sherlock's faked death? Can it be that simple? To me, that would be a bit too simple, to be honest.

And I have to say that I always liked the Molly we saw in the first two series. I loved her despite the fact that she was so insecure when it came to Sherlock, I thought it was... endearing. Nevertheless she was strong - even though she didn't prick anyone with a fork. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

I think the change comes from Sherlock himself. He's always cared for her, in his own way, but since his return he's showing it. He's not belittling or ignoring her anymore, he's even openly shown her he does respect and care about her, and this in turn gives Molly new confidence in her interactions with Sherlock. 

Last edited by shezza (January 14, 2014 11:54 am)

 

January 14, 2014 2:10 pm  #12


Re: New molly!

anjaH_alias wrote:

I think she hasn´t changed so much. She was always clever, regarding her job e.g. But after TRF her relationship to Sherlock has changed - he is not treating her so cruelly anymore, respecting her much more and this causes more self-confidence in Molly in the interaction with Sherlock. But in deep personal matters she is still a little - hmhm - clumsy. Tom . She still is in love with Sherlock, cares about him (the slaps after the drug abuse). But she has more accepted somehow that he will never (I think) be more than a good friend.
I don´t see so much of a change, it´s just that we get more insight. For me this is not in contrast to the Molly before.

 
yep..
i feel the same!


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
     Thread Starter
 

January 14, 2014 2:23 pm  #13


Re: New molly!

SolarSystem wrote:

What do you mean by "And afterall sherlock is all about mysteries" - the fact that it's a bit of a mystery why Molly has changed? Because when it comes to character changes, I like to be able to see where they're coming from. People don't just change, there usually is a trigger for that. What's Molly's trigger? I don't really see it...

 
well if its something apart from her confidence  then we'll surely know that in next series ;)
n i just read we might not have to wait for long this time !


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
     Thread Starter
 

January 17, 2014 2:04 pm  #14


Re: New molly!

Did anyone else wonder in TEH what Sherlock meant when he said to Molly that she was the person who mattered the most to him because it was she who made it all possible? But she could not do it again. She looks at her engagement ring and he says "Congratulations by the way". I did not understand what it was that she did and why she could not do it again. In HLV she says that Sherlock had used her bedroom as a bolt hole. So I think now that he was hiding in her flat/bedroom after he faked his death.

Could that be? (Or am I stating the obvious?) A bit confused here.


Four apples and three oranges....that's interesting.
 

January 17, 2014 2:38 pm  #15


Re: New molly!

By 'could not do it again' I took that to mean with her job and new boyfriend she couldn't spend time with Sherlock on cases.
I did like the bolt hole line; 'my spare bedroom; well my bedroom'.

 

January 19, 2014 11:43 am  #16


Re: New molly!

Cleanshaven Doctor wrote:

Did anyone else wonder in TEH what Sherlock meant when he said to Molly that she was the person who mattered the most to him because it was she who made it all possible? But she could not do it again. She looks at her engagement ring and he says "Congratulations by the way". I did not understand what it was that she did and why she could not do it again. In HLV she says that Sherlock had used her bedroom as a bolt hole. So I think now that he was hiding in her flat/bedroom after he faked his death.

Could that be? (Or am I stating the obvious?) A bit confused here.

i did
i was pretty excited abt it though all those fanfics that i've read about sherlolly had some reality in them.
But her saying "we agreed he needed his space" leaves me with questions. All knew even molly that sherlock liked to be on his own than why was there another discussion about it?


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
     Thread Starter
 

January 19, 2014 11:51 am  #17


Re: New molly!

i also find it really interesting that its molly who guides  him through his mind palace it could also have been john even he is a doctor.
i like the fact that there is part for molly on sherlocks mind palace along with others but am still confused with their relationship (?) are they just colleagues? (i dont think so after her slapping her several times and him not objecting for whatever reasons ) or they are friends or a little more than friends?


http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/hidp.png/
     Thread Starter
 

January 19, 2014 1:24 pm  #18


Re: New molly!

They're just friends. 

 

January 19, 2014 8:46 pm  #19


Re: New molly!

I think there is more going on with them than just friends.  She slapped him 3 times.  Can you imagine going up to a friend and doing that?  I think something has happened between them and he has shocked and disappointed her by using drugs again so the slaps were uncontrolled emotions from her.


.........................................................................
He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!
 

January 19, 2014 8:57 pm  #20


Re: New molly!

I think it was the two scenes from TRF that happened between them. Not that it changed how they felt about each other. But the realisation on Sherlocks part that Molly didnt understand that she mattered and was trusted. Each subsequent meeting between them is now reinforced by Sherlock making sure she understands that she does matter. The one who matters the most. I think that realisation also has empowered Molly. She now understands how important she is to Sherlock.
And who else among Sherlocks group of friends is entrusted to keep a bolthole for him. As Molly said 'my spare bedroom; well my bedroom'. 

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum