BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2012 11:16 pm  #41

Re: MEMBERS POLL: Male or Female?

Thanks Davina. When I first joined this lovely forum all those hours ago I was so excited to join the discussion I didn't choose the username I usually choose on every other message board. And then when I realised vaste majority of users here are girls, I thought IdigN1 isn't a name that attracts girls. So basically Clark Kent became Superman. If you see a Dramagod somewhere out there in the wild, don't be shy. Come and say hello.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 15, 2012 11:17 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 15, 2012 11:41 pm  #42

I already had an idea we were in majority with the Cumberbatch forum, but not that much.
Well, that's all I had to say, I'll let Dramagod continue his dating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 15, 2012 11:46 pm  #43

I'm not dating. I'm merely contemplating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 15, 2012 11:48 pm  #44

Davina wrote:

You mean 'spending a penny'?

Errrmm, "spending a penny" means going to the toilet. In older days (1800's) there were coin slots on the doors to toilet cubicles.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 12:46 am  #45

O__O

anyway.
I feel like there should be a poll about where everyone's from. Although, I'm not sure.. I mean, we can't list all the countries.
But maybe just like North America, Europe (maybe an extra one for UK!), Australia etc... ?

Last edited by Sammy (June 16, 2012 12:46 am)

June 16, 2012 12:51 am  #46

There should be one for Scandinavia (includes Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark). There you'd get four birds with one stone.

June 16, 2012 1:04 am  #47

Hm, yes, that's a good idea!
I guess you can summarize Africa as one category and Asia as well, as I think we don't have members from there yet, do we?
How else could you categorize Europe?

June 16, 2012 1:06 am  #48

Sammy wrote:

O__O

anyway.
I feel like there should be a poll about where everyone's from. Although, I'm not sure.. I mean, we can't list all the countries.
But maybe just like North America, Europe (maybe an extra one for UK!), Australia etc... ?

YYou are quite welcome to make a poll if you like.
All members can make polls; saves the staff having to do them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 1:07 am  #49

Well, Benelux countries contain The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg. What's the maximum amount of options in a poll?

June 16, 2012 1:09 am  #50

I dunno; go make one & find out.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 1:15 am  #51

Yeah Sammy, make one.

June 16, 2012 1:48 am  #52

Dramagod wrote:

Yeah Sammy, make one.

Ha! Very clever, very clever indeed...

Should I? Hm, alright, I could try. Although I probably forget important countries.. :/

Edit:
I just checked, the answer is: 30.
To what question? To the question how many answers you can give.

Okay, I will make one tomorrow if no one else wants to since I think that's pretty interesting.. but tomorrow, because I think I will probably need some time to figure out what answers to give and it's way too late. (You don't even want to know..)

Last edited by Sammy (June 16, 2012 1:51 am)

June 16, 2012 2:23 am  #53

Oh, but I'd really like to know specific countries if people don't mind telling.

And what I thought about the knee pennies was about right. It's a little more refined than the expression I'm used to, although the one I'm thinking off just means that someone makes you hot, not that you're necessarily going to do anything about it.

June 16, 2012 5:08 am  #54

huh?   I  voted in the poll.   Sherlock is a MALE,  that's why there's more females here.   But I am glad that there are guys here too....Sherlock is for EVERYONE.  that's what I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 16, 2012 5:17 am  #55

I've voted in the  gender and age poll...wasn't sure I'd do either since I'm private,  and I don't considerthis  fanboard like a DATING board either.   Darn it.   

I  like the phrase  'Now the penny drops'   that means that I've just realized something important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 16, 2012 7:33 am  #56

Yes, that was my little witicism for the day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 16, 2012 7:56 am  #57

Dramagod wrote:

Since you replied quoting (sort of) my favorite sitcom, you just made it to the list, Irene.

26 girls and only 3 boys? Didn't see that coming.

It's my all-time favorite sitcom too. I rewatched the ten seasons recently and ir doesn't matter how many times you do, it's still fresh and terribly funny.

By the way, please, please, please, can you tell me how did you change your username? I would love to get rid of the stupid hyphen I put between the two words of mine...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 16, 2012 8:19 am  #58

Irene_Adler wrote:

By the way, please, please, please, can you tell me how did you change your username? I would love to get rid of the stupid hyphen I put between the two words of mine...

Send a message to the Boss  - Sherlock Holmes & she can do that for you.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 8:30 am  #59

kazza474 wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

Done. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 16, 2012 8:44 am  #60

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

Done. 

Many thanks, boss!! Much better now

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

Board footera