BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2014 9:26 pm  #221

Re: Tell us what part of the world you come from

I'm from Germany, means Europe.

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 8, 2014 8:25 am  #222

Germany, too ;) Northern Germany

January 8, 2014 8:30 am  #223

Yes... we Germans. I'm from the middle... and your sig drives me crazy, Hudders!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 9:16 am  #224

That is good to hear  I really enjoy watching on my sig while working, too

January 8, 2014 9:43 am  #225

This man... .. with a gesture which would say nothing to me... if it's another guy...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 8, 2014 11:12 am  #226

Dramagod wrote:

Is there a nickname for fans of Sherlock yet? As you know in the US people sometimes call themselves homies (as in homeboys) and holmies with a silent "L". Like: "yo what's up holmes?". So are we holmies or what?

Isn't it the Sherlockians??

Alone protects me

January 8, 2014 11:23 am  #227

Well I'm born in Germany but I live in Sweden now! So is there someone from Sweden here??

Last edited by sara-cumbercookie (January 8, 2014 11:25 am)

Alone protects me

January 8, 2014 7:21 pm  #228

hey, so many people from Germany! gut!
and Hudders: can you please change your pic? I´m afraid my heart is too weak for it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 8, 2014 7:46 pm  #229

I actually thought there would be more fans from the UK (since Sherlock is theirs, in a way) when I joined and now I bet German people are the majority here, I wonder why ;] Interesting thing to investigate, haha 

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

and Hudders: can you please change your pic? I´m afraid my heart is too weak for it!

Noo Hudders, don't do that!!!

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 8, 2014 7:59 pm  #230

Deilenn: and a Slavic minority is really minority in here 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 8, 2014 8:05 pm  #231

I'm from Saxony in Germany. Actually, from a small town south-east from Dresden.

Hudders, I love your sig. Kind of mesmerizing...

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 9, 2014 8:56 am  #232

Deilenn wrote:

I actually thought there would be more fans from the UK (since Sherlock is theirs, in a way) when I joined and now I bet German people are the majority here, I wonder why ;] Interesting thing to investigate, haha 

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

Noo Hudders, don't do that!!!

Don't worry. I'm not planning to change my sig

January 9, 2014 10:44 am  #233

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

Deilenn: and a Slavic minority is really minority in here 

I know right! Honestly I don't even know anyone in my real life who likes Sherlock, well except my sister. No-one seems to be interested enough to take to watching it.

Last edited by Deilenn (January 9, 2014 10:45 am)

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 9, 2014 8:41 pm  #234

I'm a British i live in Nottingham

“Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.”

I was Born and Raised in Nottingham England,

January 10, 2014 3:57 pm  #235

So am I!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 10, 2014 4:07 pm  #236

I'm from North Carolina, US.

January 10, 2014 6:24 pm  #237

Well, my goodnes. I decided to post my location on this thread . . . and what do I find?  The last member to post is from North Carolina.  Just like me.  And what do Sherlock and Mycroft say about coincidences? "The universe is rarely so lazy."

Obvious deduction: Weirdness is the long, lost sibling I never knew I had, separated from me at birth and raised by government agents posing as a normal couple, assigned to keep us apart so the psychic powers we each have won't activate -- as they only do when we're in close proximity, allowing us to control the minds of everyone within one hundred miles.

On the other hand, maybe it's just a coincidence. 

(I warned you folks that I write science fiction.  It doesn't take much to send my brain right off into orbit. )

A good debate is like a fencing match — you don't have to win to get a good workout.

January 11, 2014 7:16 pm  #238

Another one of those pesky Germans here.

January 18, 2014 8:01 pm  #239

One is from London And like my compatriot, have never been to Baker Street outside of the tube station. It's on the list of things to do though.

January 18, 2014 8:02 pm  #240

welcome, Cat!

Board footera