BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 3:09 am  #1

His Last Bow...

Believe Mycroft orcherstaed the Moriarty broadcast in the end. 

Moriarty's last bow............

Last edited by Holmes Sherlock (January 13, 2014 3:17 am)

The name's Holmes Sherlock, and the address is Baker Street 221B

January 13, 2014 3:48 am  #2

Re: His Last Bow...

The world is filled with chicken littles.........

The name's Holmes Sherlock, and the address is Baker Street 221B

January 16, 2014 7:06 pm  #3

I really like this theory for several reasons.

1) If Moriarty really is back, then imo they have taken the resurrection thing a step too far, Irene, Sherlock and now Moriarty too. It has reached the ludicrous level. I mean who's next? Philip?

2) Well, Mycroft did say that Sherlock dying would break his heart. This way he gets Sherlock off the murder charge, then pulled back from the lethal assignment. And it would be a very Mycroft way of doing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 16, 2014 7:10 pm  #4

To be fair, there was only Moriarty who WE thought was dead!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2014 8:56 pm  #5

Welcome on the 'Mycroft did it' team. 

He's my primary suspect so far, though there are plenty of others too. The film was the most convenient thing that could ever happen to him, his PA could easily mock up a few images and he would have no trouble broadcasting it on every channel. And he knows where the body is and can possibly hide it when needed. 

I'm pretty certain it's him, but then the Moftiss are known to lead us a certain way and then surprise us with an unexpected twist. 

January 16, 2014 9:09 pm  #6

For me it's the timing that makes me suspect Mycroft's involvement, it's just to coincidental. And the Universe isn't usually that lazy. (Though screen writers sometimes are )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 16, 2014 9:19 pm  #7

I think I'm on this camp too... it's just way too weird that Moriarty's message came about 1 minute after Sherlock's takeoff. Talk about coincidence.

January 16, 2014 10:29 pm  #8

Well, you know what we think about coincidences...

Board footera