BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2014 12:52 pm  #61

Re: The "I love series 3" thread

And anyway, this is the wrong thread to discuss what we expected and didn't quite get.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 16, 2014 12:56 pm  #62

Right! I'M LOVING IT!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 16, 2014 12:58 pm  #63

Now I feel emotionally retarded. Is it a bad thing that I don't remember whether I cried at the end of TRF? I know that it was intense, and I probably had a knot in my stomach, but there was none of the "OMG, I couldn't stop crying!" for me. But, well, I guess every person is different, and perhaps that's not even such a bad thing. I don't think it makes me less of a fan.

January 16, 2014 1:28 pm  #64

Swanpride wrote:

I think HLV is visually one of the most interesting episodes of the whole show. Not as inventive as ASIP was and not as unusual as the explanation scene in SIB, but fully of stunning shots.

And the scene when John and Sherlock sit down and Mary has to take the seat of the client? Goosebumbs!

Me, too. I get goosebumbs just thinking about that.

January 16, 2014 2:32 pm  #65

The Mind Palace scene in HLV with Sherlock actually clawing his way back to life for John, I had very large tears running down my face.  This sequence will go done as one of my all time favorites in the history of television.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 16, 2014 3:50 pm  #66

TeeJay wrote:

Now I feel emotionally retarded. Is it a bad thing that I don't remember whether I cried at the end of TRF? I know that it was intense, and I probably had a knot in my stomach, but there was none of the "OMG, I couldn't stop crying!" for me. But, well, I guess every person is different, and perhaps that's not even such a bad thing. I don't think it makes me less of a fan.

Of course not. I barely ever cry in front of the TV, usually only when under high emotional stress from real life. Hence I have never cried because of TRF or any other Sherlock episode.

But TSO3 for example left me sad for days, because of how lonesome I thought Sherlock must have felt.

The ammount of tears shed is not an indicator of how much a fan you are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 16, 2014 3:55 pm  #67

True. There are films that leave me emotionally depleted without shedding tears. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 16, 2014 4:08 pm  #68

I didn't cry with hubby next to me. I don't know if the reason was hubby or the general overwhelming feeling of "wtf!??"
I cried like a waterfall when I watched HLV again alone. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 16, 2014 4:17 pm  #69

Anyway, tears or not, all three episodes had an impact on my feelings for days, and that is one more thing I love about them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 16, 2014 4:22 pm  #70

Oh, and taking a look at the first post I saw on tumblr right now. I love the sky when the night falls at Appledore. Makes the whole atmosphere even more intense - just like the wonderful sky at the airfield in SIB.

January 16, 2014 6:07 pm  #71

TeeJay wrote:

I certainly didn't mean to say that anyone who did not cry at the end of TRF is less of a fan. You said it yourself, everyone is different and touched or moved by different things. Maybe I remember this so vividly because it usually takes quite a lot for a movie or a tv show to make me cry.
It's all fine.

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 16, 2014 6:08 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 16, 2014 7:00 pm  #72

Funnily enough, I'm actually a real crybaby when it comes to emotional things on TV or in the movies. Which is usually not a quality indicator, because I start tearing up at the corniest scene in the worst kitsch movie. But what's really strange sometimes is that I don't cry easily during shows that I'm very invested in. How weird is that? I have given up trying to explain it. But I will admit that I got a little teary-eyed in TSoT during Sherlock's "ode to John" scene.

January 16, 2014 7:02 pm  #73

I only sobbed when Sherlock looked at the empty chair!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera