BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2014 3:54 pm  #2661

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Tastes are different, aren't they?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 15, 2014 3:56 pm  #2662

luckily yes 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 15, 2014 3:59 pm  #2663

But luckily we agree on the most important part in this forum.

Last edited by gently69 (January 15, 2014 4:01 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 15, 2014 4:03 pm  #2664

and many others I suppose

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 15, 2014 4:06 pm  #2665

Really???

Last edited by gently69 (January 15, 2014 4:06 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

January 15, 2014 4:39 pm  #2666

The Horror! The Pain! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 15, 2014 4:41 pm  #2667

Harriet wrote:

The Horror! The Pain!

Another good quote for a T-Shirt, preferably worn when going to the musicals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 15, 2014 6:51 pm  #2668

Schmiezi wrote:

Harriet wrote:

The Horror! The Pain!

Another good quote for a T-Shirt, preferably worn when going to the musicals.

Wish I had one now.  Going to see Book of Mormon in a few weeks. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 15, 2014 10:28 pm  #2669

... you tell your friend she needs to come to the Trekdinner on Friday, and she needs to have watched Sherlock before then, so you can HAVE ALL THE DISCUSSIONS!!

January 16, 2014 7:16 am  #2670

TeeJay wrote:

... you tell your friend she needs to come to the Trekdinner on Friday, and she needs to have watched Sherlock before then, so you can HAVE ALL THE DISCUSSIONS!!

Off topic, sorry, but ... You go to a Trek Dionner??? Love that. Me too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 16, 2014 7:36 am  #2671

BTW... talking about "this" t-shirt.

And back to topic:
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... you translate all the time... using quotes from Sherlock.

Happened this morning again. I said good bye to my husband and he replied "Auf in den Kampf"... concerning work... and I understood "Into battle" ... seeing Sherlock in my mind's eye standing in his bed room.

(Tony Hadley)

January 16, 2014 7:39 am  #2672

Schmiezi wrote:

Not as frequently as I should, but occasionally, yes. Depends on my mood, state of exhaustion on a Friday and the ability to knowingly want to spend three hours in the company of people can be a little boisterous. We can be anything between six and twenty people, and the level of enjoyment often depends on in whose vicinity you sit at the table.

January 16, 2014 7:43 am  #2673

TeeJay wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

Not as frequently as I should, but occasionally, yes. Depends on my mood, state of exhaustion on a Friday and the ability to knowingly want to spend three hours in the company of people can be a little boisterous. We can be anything between six and twenty people, and the level of enjoyment often depends on in whose vicinity you sit at the table.

Wow, we are a little group of seven, stubbornly meeting once a month. With little hope of ever finding new members, bt that's okay, kind of. I have failed to turn them into Sherlock fans. They all like it a lot, but they will all wait until ARD shows the new episodes.

January 16, 2014 7:48 am  #2674

Schmiezi wrote:

With little hope of ever finding new members, bt that's okay, kind of. I have failed to turn them into Sherlock fans. They all like it a lot, but they will all wait until ARD shows the new episodes.

Yeah, it doesn't happen often that we get new members who come back after the first time. I think over the last five years, we've had maybe two. But we've been going strong since 1995.

Most of our members watch Sherlock, some even in English shortly after the BBC airing, but there's none who I'd consider true fans. My friend D. knows and likes it well enough to discuss plot points and some details, but I don't think she'd be interested to join a Sherlock forum.

January 16, 2014 8:34 am  #2675

So you guys probably already know that Mister Shatner and almost the whole Crew from TNG are coming to Frankfurt in Feb?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 16, 2014 8:46 am  #2676

Yes, solar, and I would so love to go to an event not organized by the FedCon staff, but my pregnancy does not agree with a weekend filled with Trek and fun.
(One more thing I will tell little Jonh-Sherlock when he asks for a raise in pocket money some eight years from now. )

January 16, 2014 8:55 am  #2677

gently69 wrote:

BTW... talking about "this" t-shirt.

Hahaha, cool they actually did this.

Well I watched the first two seasons at ARD and liked them. Also I hated the cliffhanger in the first one.

But now I watched the third one on BBC and no I am obsessed. The first episode I was ok, but the second one totally got me. Thinking about it all day long, but I can't stop. Help!

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 16, 2014 9:27 am  #2678

Schmiezi wrote:

Yes, solar, and I would so love to go to an event not organized by the FedCon staff, but my pregnancy does not agree with a weekend filled with Trek and fun.
(One more thing I will tell little Jonh-Sherlock when he asks for a raise in pocket money some eight years from now. )

I'm still not decided whether I should go or not. I would soooooo love to see Frakes and Spiner and Sirtis again, and Shatner and all of them, although... Patrick Stewart is not coming, it seems. And for me it would be just around the corner. But I had a look at the booking and it's pretty... interesting. If you want to take part in (almost) everything, it's gonna be pretty expensive. Then again... so many actors, so much fun! I haven't been to a Convention in ages!

But now back to topic, right?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 16, 2014 9:38 am  #2679

Yeah, Solar, that's another obsession. (which I understand)

(Tony Hadley)

January 16, 2014 7:55 pm  #2680

... you buy the soundtrack, just to put the theme to your phone as new ringtone...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

Board footera