BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 10:50 pm  #1

American Sherlock fan... needing a fan outlet!

Hi there! I just discovered Sherlock before Christmas.  Which was probably good for me since I think I would have just died if I'd had to live with the Reichenbach Fall cliff hanger for 2 years.  Already devoured the season 3 episdoes (sorry I just couldn't bear the idea of seeing spoilers so I had to watch at the same time as the UK).   Anyhow I've been just itching to talk about Sherlock but none of my friends are into it (or they are being good little American's and waiting for the BBC -A release date).  I read some fan fic, but that's not very interactive (also I should have googled the definition of "slash" before starting on that venture...).  I'm also in love with tea.  I suppose genetically I'm quite British, so maybe it's in my blood.  I have a huge tea collection.  I even went out and found the American equivalent of the electric teakettle Sherlock has (it lights up blue which is cool and maks me smile).  I couldn't believe my screen name wasn't taken already.   Anyhow I'm excited to join this forum.

January 14, 2014 1:29 am  #2

Re: American Sherlock fan... needing a fan outlet!

Oh my gosh. You...are you me? That's creepy. I mean besides the teapot and seeing Season 3 already, we're like the same. I got into Sherlock right before Christmas, I have a collection of tea, only one of my friends actually know who I'm talking about when I say Cumberbatch/Sherlock, or Freeman/Watson. I have to clarify for the 'mortals'.
I moved back from England to my family when the ceiling of my home fell in. Very unfortunate, as I was just in the middle of 'Junior High'.  Have to say I was born in the U.S. and moved to England, so, actually, I'm American. I am very angry that I must wait for Season 3 . Find them online, I must. Nice to meet you!

Last edited by Fall (January 14, 2014 1:30 am)

Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.
All the best people are.

I HATE it when people tell me that the fate of the universe is in my hands.
I'm told that so often.

It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Don't stare.
You're staring.
We can't both stare.

The Truth Is Out There.
All is fair in Love and Robot Wars.

January 14, 2014 8:36 am  #3

Hi TeaTime, welcome! Here's a cuppa! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 14, 2014 11:54 am  #4

Hello and welcome to the forum. Always wise to google the meaning of 'slash' (in the UK it does also have another meaning! Lol) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 15, 2014 2:36 am  #5

Fall, you are hilarious.  I'm quite sure I'm not you unless I have a split personality I'm not aware of.  But I'm so confused.. are you in England or the US?  Also hurry up and watch season 3!

January 15, 2014 10:46 pm  #6

I'm in the U.S. I really want to watch season 3, but so do my parents. They want to know what I'm watching, so I must wait. But I will probably watch the rest online after the first episode.

Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.
All the best people are.

I HATE it when people tell me that the fate of the universe is in my hands.
I'm told that so often.

It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Don't stare.
You're staring.
We can't both stare.

The Truth Is Out There.
All is fair in Love and Robot Wars.

January 15, 2014 10:57 pm  #7

Holaa!!
Welcome!! I did struggle those two years, you're a very lucky lady...lord...person.
Have fun!! ^-^

❈-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------❈
The only respect that opinions deserve is their free questioning.  

Board footera