BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2014 2:50 pm  #921

Re: Germany board meet up

Sorry, I nearly forgot - here is the link to Benedict reading the Turing letter. The quality is rather good:

http://justanothercumbyfangirl.tumblr.com/post/69664532384/benedict-cumberbatch-reading-alan-turings-letter

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 14, 2014 3:26 pm  #922

This one I have on my smartphone. He does it... perfectly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 3:46 pm  #923

It really breaks my heart. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 14, 2014 3:51 pm  #924

Yes, he didn't read it... he acted it. I think he was in HIS role.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 4:00 pm  #925

So do I. Now imagine what it will be like to watch the whole film ...

January 14, 2014 4:15 pm  #926

Unbelievable!!! I MUST see it in the English version. And in the right company. Maybe we can manage something together then, ladies.(?)

BTW, if I listen to Sherlock's best man speech... this part which ends with "...cannot congratulate you on your choice of companion."... I always have this reading in my mind. Benedict uses exactly the same accent on "companion" like at a few endings in this reading.

(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 4:55 pm  #927

SusiGo wrote:

I think I stopped breathing for the whole mind palace scene. A wonder we did not need an ambulance. 

I made up for that and fainted at work today and they even called an ambulance, which was totally unnecessary but well... *sigh*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 14, 2014 5:19 pm  #928

Oh,  you fainted? Are you ok again? Hmm... you are little bit late then. 

(Tony Hadley)

January 14, 2014 5:43 pm  #929

SherlockianDE wrote:

I made up for that and fainted at work today and they even called an ambulance, which was totally unnecessary but well... *sigh*

Poor you!
Do you think your strenuous weekend was to blame for that? Little sleep, emotional stress, Deutsche Bahn adventure...I hope you're doing better now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 14, 2014 6:53 pm  #930

tobeornot221b wrote:

Do you think your strenuous weekend was to blame for that? Little sleep, emotional stress, Deutsche Bahn adventure...I hope you're doing better now.

No no, not to worry, it had nothing to do with the weekend. It was a combination of not having eaten breakfast, standing around for too long, being hot in the clothes I was wearing and my usual too-low blood pressure

gently69 wrote:

Oh,  you fainted? Are you ok again? Hmm... you are little bit late then.

Yep, I'm all okay, thanks

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 14, 2014 10:02 pm  #931

You have to eat more! @SherlockianDE
And sleep.If there´s any possibility - stay a day off and relax! Get well soon, dear!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

January 14, 2014 10:14 pm  #932

Sorry to hear that, SherlockianDE - I hope you get better soon and it doesn't happen again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 14, 2014 10:14 pm  #933

All the best, SherlockianDE, get well soon. 

January 15, 2014 4:32 pm  #934

Thanks everyone, you're very sweet

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 15, 2014 6:45 pm  #935

Hope you feel better. (Did the ambulance get you a shock blanket ?)

January 15, 2014 7:01 pm  #936

Well wishes from me too, SherlockianDE. Maybe the perfect opportunity to just relax on the couch and watch more Sherlock?

January 15, 2014 10:41 pm  #937

Oh, by the way, I just got Bremen tickets for Coriolanus. So it seems like there are additional cinemas they put on the list. 
Anyway, now I have a ticket for Hamburg. Maybe you guys now someone who is interested? 
I checked and there is no thread in the "other" categoy so I just thought I post it here. 

Yeah, found someone who wanted the ticket.
Gotta love this forum.

Last edited by Maggi13 (January 17, 2014 2:53 pm)

January 19, 2014 2:54 pm  #938

Well... girls, do you remember what we did one week ago at this time? (waiting for the pizzas? ) That seems ages ago already...

Last edited by gently69 (January 19, 2014 2:54 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

January 19, 2014 9:30 pm  #939

Yes... and by now, we were already nervously sitting in front of the TV

It truly feels ages ago, but I've also had a really good week because of the perfect start into it I also told everybody about our meeting, how good it was, and I teased 3 flatmates with His Last Vow bits and pieces until they all went and watched it, so I have even more people to discuss with

And, I do confess it, I've watched HLV every single evening since last weekend, so I really should know it by heart now, but the mindpalace scene and the end still leaves me breathless every time XD

"It is what it is."

January 19, 2014 9:33 pm  #940

What an evening! How long is the mind palace scene? How long can one go without breathing? 

Board footera