BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2012 8:34 pm  #1

"You've lost that loving feeling..."

Is anyone else on this board on tumblr? If so, have you seen the Elementary tag? It's somewhat depressing. All the hate and the mudslinging and the racism is kind of getting me (and others, I think) down.

So, I thought this would be a good opener for a discussion on how to comfort a fellow Sherlockian who might be feeling a bit down.

So far, I've heard "make them tea", "wear ugly jumpers", and "wear lots of scarves". Anyone got some others?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 1, 2012 8:35 pm  #2

Re: "You've lost that loving feeling..."

Play her Bach on the violin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 1, 2012 9:04 pm  #3

Take her to see the Crown Jewels and to have some tea at Speedy's

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 1, 2012 9:10 pm  #4

Watch some really crap daytime tv (it's always painfully funny and of course he's not the father! Look at the turn-ups on his trousers!)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2012 12:20 am  #5

Not sure what you can do, but definitely don't go for a walk on a lonely moor at night! 

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (June 2, 2012 12:21 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 2, 2012 3:47 am  #6

Remind her it could be worse; she could be Donovan dating Anderson...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 2, 2012 4:47 am  #7

Just let her know  "I understand, dear.  I've got a hip."

June 2, 2012 2:05 pm  #8

Put on some lipstick. Then wipe it off because it isn't working for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 8:56 am  #9

Eat Quavers

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 12:39 pm  #10

Buy them a purple shirt.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 15, 2012 5:32 am  #11

Send her Benny by Fed Ex Overnight, and make sure he brings along his Sherlock greatcoat and scarf. If you can't get him to do such a thing (I presume he might be a bit....expensive, lol), write her a little story where it happens-- big box delivered to her doorstep, she signs for it, and out pops a travel-worn but grateful-to-be-alive Benny, ready to do his Sherlock routine for her. lolololol  Hey, just thinking about that (unfortunately) unlikely scenario makes me feel better already.

June 15, 2012 11:27 am  #12

One I found quite useful to cheer yourself up is do all your school work 221B style. It always helped me get through a stack of homework because I was still in Sherlock mode :D

Board footera