BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2014 11:33 pm  #1

What did Sherlock deduce about Molly's fiance?

There's something he didn't like about him immediately, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 1, 2014 11:38 pm  #2

Re: What did Sherlock deduce about Molly's fiance?

I just figured it was because he dresses similar to Sherlock, but both he and John have agreed not to say anything to Molly XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 1, 2014 11:40 pm  #3

Well, I thought that because he looked so like him he could have been that scary man who looked like sherlock... but then I realised that he was dead... so... I guess maybe in his funny way he was a bit jealous. I mean he's always had this kind of hold over Molly and now she's found someone so similar to him but who is probably a little nicer... I think he's a little jealous...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 2, 2014 8:04 am  #4

On first watching, I believe John and Sherlock think that he's gay. Like "Jim". Opening the door for an engagement that might not last.

January 2, 2014 8:29 am  #5

I thought they were just sharing the realisation that she'd moved on from Sherlock to someone who looks very similar to him. Especially when she then said "I've moved on". Everyone could see it including John & Lestrade, and then Sherlock kind of grimaced when he put his scarf on

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 2, 2014 9:10 am  #6

Wholocked wrote:

I thought they were just sharing the realisation that she'd moved on from Sherlock to someone who looks very similar to him. Especially when she then said "I've moved on". Everyone could see it including John & Lestrade, and then Sherlock kind of grimaced when he put his scarf on

About that scarf..
I thought from the first sight that he looked like Sherlock so much, even the collar and the way he tied scarf. And that moment when Sherlock tied his scarf, I think he just noticed about that guy's scarf and had a little confusion.

January 2, 2014 9:20 am  #7

As Molly says  "someone my type"

January 2, 2014 9:22 am  #8

Molly is obviously not free from Sherlock - that´s why they all look so embarrassed. She took a weak substitute as boyfriend. Poor Molly.

January 2, 2014 10:03 am  #9

I think that Molly just met a normal, sweet guy in the beginning and she just started to told him what to wear so that he looked more like Sherlock. . Maybe Sherlock just realized that she customized his boyfriend to meet her expectations.

Honestly, I don't think that Molly is the type of doing that but who knows... I think her love for Sherlock would make her a lot of silly things.

January 2, 2014 9:41 pm  #10

I actually am not sure what I think. I started off thinking it was just that he looked a lot like Sherlock. The thing is, Lestrade seemed to be in on it too. I'm wondering now if they were laughing because he looked like Sherlock...BUT that this will turn out to significant. Moftiss are all about the Chekhov gun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

January 2, 2014 10:03 pm  #11

Is it just me, or was the man wearing two different shoes? Or one of his shoes was polished and the other one dirty?
Perhaps it was just the light though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 2, 2014 10:07 pm  #12

Wholocked wrote:

Exactly what I thought

January 2, 2014 11:25 pm  #13

Now it's spreading all over Tumblr that Molly's boyfriend is the sniper that was aiming at John in TRF.

I'm just not seeing it.  We didn't get a good enough look at the sniper to tell.  Also, I would be a little dissaponted if they set Molly up like that again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 3, 2014 12:43 am  #14

Is there any possibility that Molly did that on purpose?The whole coat-scarf-shoes thing.Just a thought.

January 3, 2014 2:31 am  #15

I think it shows growth for Sherlock as a person that he immediately did not share his observations of Molly's new boyfriend with eveyone in the room. Also after telling her, she was the person who mattered most, and considerdering her help with the "Fall", Sherlock did the right thing- he shut up.

January 3, 2014 3:35 pm  #16

I completely missed the resemblance. I just thought he did his Sherlock scan and approved him by saying nothing. 

January 3, 2014 3:42 pm  #17

I'm wondering whether he will accompany Molly to the wedding. I didn't think I saw him in the trailer or on setlock fotos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 4, 2014 5:49 pm  #18

Has anyone else picked up upon the seemingly random "Jealous?" line during the skeleton scene? Didn't catch it at first but while Molly is observing the age and gender of the skeleton and Sherlock is in full Sybil/deductive mode, Sherlock has a direct line view of Molly's hand with the engagement ring. Upon which Sherlock hears/ channels John goading him with "Jealous?" Small but important comment and the first intimation from Sherlock's end of something more.

January 4, 2014 6:02 pm  #19

It's happened to me twice that friends have turned up with clones of their ex-boyfriend/girlfriend so I cottoned on fast and laughed my socks off :-) Honestly don't think it's anything more sinister than that. Unless Molly has _made_ her own Sherlock. Hooper's Monster...

January 15, 2014 4:21 am  #20

kuma wrote:

I thought from the first sight that he looked like Sherlock so much, even the collar and the way he tied scarf. And that moment when Sherlock tied his scarf, I think he just noticed about that guy's scarf and had a little confusion.

I vividly recall being on the tube with fellow members of this message board, and there were about 5 (!) other people, mostly man, with long dark coats and blue scarfs in the car (not carriage, following our train enthusiast).. however, it is quite e ntertaining how seemingly harmless coincidences are now pondered for their reading.

And after all, does the universe offer coincidences?

Board footera