BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2014 5:02 pm  #1

Would Moriarty coming back be a good thing? [Vote here]

I for one think, yes! After all the sass he had created in season 1 and 2, I want him to explore more areas of criminal mastermind and interest the audience in his charm.

Last edited by xeone007 (January 14, 2014 8:23 pm)

Will Moriarty coming back be a good thing ?

The universe is rarely so lazy for coincidences to occur.

January 14, 2014 5:39 pm  #2

Re: Would Moriarty coming back be a good thing? [Vote here]

Can we have an extra option for:  "I don't actually think he's coming back".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 14, 2014 5:42 pm  #3

Or maybe you can turn "will" into "would".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 14, 2014 5:57 pm  #4

Add a "maybe" option to include the idea that it all depends on how they handle it -- and they better handle it really well no what they do, or Moffat and Gatiss will have to fake a double-suicide and go into hiding for two years.  Hell, that's practically what they do now -- hide for two years while we go ka-razy!

A good debate is like a fencing match — you don't have to win to get a good workout.

January 14, 2014 6:56 pm  #5

Schmiezi wrote:

Or maybe you can turn "will" into "would".

Doesn't matter, does it?

January 14, 2014 7:03 pm  #6

Well, I'm not a native speaker, but doesn't "wil" imply he definitely will return, and "would" that there is only a certain possibility (no matter how unlikely) that he could?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 14, 2014 7:07 pm  #7

I think that bringing him back would be a horrible idea. Not because I don't consider him as an interesing villain, but because him surviving as well would somehow make everything that happened in TRF meaningless.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

January 14, 2014 7:53 pm  #8

Bruce Cook wrote:

Add a "maybe" option to include the idea that it all depends on how they handle it -- and they better handle it really well no what they do, or Moffat and Gatiss will have to fake a double-suicide and go into hiding for two years.  Hell, that's practically what they do now -- hide for two years while we go ka-razy!

Yep, that. Depends on how Moftiss handle it. I can't see it work but I trust their writing skills. And Andrew. 

January 14, 2014 8:09 pm  #9

Schmiezi wrote:

Well, I'm not a native speaker, but doesn't "wil" imply he definitely will return, and "would" that there is only a certain possibility (no matter how unlikely) that he could?

Yeah, basically. I think "would" rather than "will" would be a good idea in this case, otherwise I won't be able to answer the poll.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 14, 2014 8:13 pm  #10

I do miss Andrew Scott and Moriarty's presences in the show, but I felt that his death in TRF was brilliant! The idea of him coming back doesn't suit well for me. Of course, if he is coming back. The ending of HLV was a bit ambigous. But if he is, I will not like it. : \ Sorry.

January 14, 2014 8:24 pm  #11

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I would've added that, only thing, it doesn't allow me to edit polls. Sorry

January 14, 2014 8:30 pm  #12

xeone007 wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I would've added that, only thing, it doesn't allow me to edit polls. Sorry

Oh wow, you're right, it's not allowing me to do it either. Nevermind.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (January 14, 2014 8:33 pm)

January 14, 2014 11:25 pm  #13

My preferred storyline is that Mycroft is behind the video, a new villain will find his weakness and exploit it. But a new villain behind the video would work just as well. 

January 15, 2014 12:25 am  #14

Andrew Scott was fabulous as Moriarty but other than occasional appearances in Sherlock's mind palace, if needed, he should stay dead.

January 15, 2014 12:26 am  #15

I'd love him to come back. I just loved him.

January 15, 2014 5:23 am  #16

I also want him to come back, and I think that the very last clip we see (about a minute into the credits sequence) indicates that it's more than just a poorly-manipulated image of him.  I could not be more excited.

============================================================
"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221b Baker Street. Afternoon..."

Sherlock: You're a doctor. In fact you're an army doctor.
Watson: Yes.
Sherlock: Any good?
Watson: Very good.
Sherlock: Seen a lot of injuries then. Violent deaths.
Watson: Well. Yes.
Sherlock: Bit of trouble too I bet.
Watson: Of course. Yes. Enough for a lifetime. Far too much.
Sherlock: Wanna see some more?
Watson: Oh god yes.

January 19, 2014 4:14 am  #17

krusta80 wrote:

I also want him to come back, and I think that the very last clip we see (about a minute into the credits sequence) indicates that it's more than just a poorly-manipulated image of him.  I could not be more excited.

That could have been shot before the end of TRF - either by Moriarty to give to an associate or by Mycroft (using whatever to persuade him) whilst he had Moriarty in custody.

I'm in the hope it's not really Moriarty clan, because for me his survival blunts the impact of TRF, and I'd planned on rewatching that now and then.

January 21, 2014 12:03 pm  #18

As much I'd love Moriarty back in the show, I don't think it will happen. I think the fact that it wasn't actually moriarty's voice saying "miss me?" Is a clue to the fact that he isn't back.

January 21, 2014 12:09 pm  #19

I also think that Irene Adler not returning has something to do with moriarty. If they had, indeed destroyed moriarty's associates then why could she not return? It has already been shown that Sherlock had a part in her (sarcastic quotations) "death" and knew where she was, plus they had each other's phone numbers, so, where is she?

January 21, 2014 12:39 pm  #20

Wow, we're pretty much entirely divided. Whatever they are gonna do, 50% of us is gonna be disappointed and the other 50 relieved. 

Well, whatever they do, I'm sure the quality will make up for a less than perfect Moriarty solution. 

Board footera