BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 10:11 pm  #21

Re: How Moriarty must have faked it.

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh tonnaree...!!

(Someone had to, I was just first.  *giggle* )

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2014 11:35 pm  #22

Mary Me wrote:

I would feel betrayed. My guess is that this was just a teaser. To wind the fandom up and to introduce a new villain... one who pretends Moriarty is still alive to draw Sherlock's attention and to keep him in London.

oh god that will be it won t it? they will not confirm for sure, the counterpart to the unconfirmed lazarus solution.

a season of "is moriaty alive". hmmmmm....

Last edited by beekeeper (January 13, 2014 11:36 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

January 14, 2014 12:03 am  #23

Oh I do like this thread.
Joining the -dead!- lot ;)

I wonder, will Sherlock be fooled by that, with all his new emotions? Will he believe Moriarty is back, or will he immediatly realise it's just an invitation for the next game? Why was Moriarty the only person in Sherlock's... whatever it is... mindpalace grave? Why him? Why only him? Or is the "Missedme?" just a tape which Mycroft put live all over the country so he had a reason to have Sherlock staying save in London instead of going wherever to?

Last edited by Whisky (January 14, 2014 12:05 am)

"It is what it is."

January 14, 2014 7:16 am  #24

I believe he is stil alive as well. It's funny, I just picked this up a week before the finale.

January 14, 2014 7:24 am  #25

Oh dear god. Moriarty is dead. You can't fake shooting yourself in the head.

The image of Moriarty is animated (you can see it in his lower jaw). If he was alive, that wouldn't be necessary. Someone is using his image.

He is definitely dead. His story is over, there is nothing more to say about him. Moftiss wouldn't make that kind of amateur script writing mistake.

And I'm now going to step out of this thread and not return because theorising on whether or not he's dead is just going to annoy the crap out of me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 14, 2014 10:28 am  #26

Sadly I have to agree with Wholocked as much as i would love to believe that Moriarty is still alive, I don't think Moftass would stray that far from the canon. Moriarty does die in TRF. However he DOES have a brother. I think this is the only way we could have (a) Moriarty back on our screens. 

January 14, 2014 11:27 am  #27

#dead

January 14, 2014 2:53 pm  #28

Anthea animated the picture. 

I've been trolling this forum with my 'Mycroft did it' theory, but it could also be a brother or another villain who did it. 

As much as I love Andrew Scott, I think Moriarty's story is really over. 

January 14, 2014 2:57 pm  #29

My thoughts on it. But really, it's going to be a heck of a long wait for series 4.   I personally think he's either alive or it's the brother. It'd be one thing if it was just image of him with the puppet-like mouth going 'Miss me?'. But when we first see Lestrade, we see the back of his head which shifts slightly and has to eventually turn around to be the usual 'Miss me?' image we got an eyefull of. That and the post-credits Moriarty clip.

Not to mention, has Moriarty's body even been acknowledged? Most I can think of is in TEH when Anderson is telling Lestrade one of his crazy theories about using Moriarty's body to duplicate a Sherlock corpse, which to me, indicates at least his body was missing. Lestrade didn't correct him about it.

January 14, 2014 2:59 pm  #30

What are everyones theories on the little clip of Moriarty after the credits? I do/ did believe he was dead but that little clip would suggest otherwise wouldn't it? That he is either alive or there is another Moriarty waiting in the wings. 

January 14, 2014 4:48 pm  #31

Wholocked wrote:

The image of Moriarty is animated (you can see it in his lower jaw). If he was alive, that wouldn't be necessary. Someone is using his image.

He is definitely dead. His story is over, there is nothing more to say about him. Moftiss wouldn't make that kind of amateur script writing mistake.

And I'm now going to step out of this thread and not return because theorising on whether or not he's dead is just going to annoy the crap out of me.

Possibly. But now that the writers want us to believe that he is coming back, what can we say to that?

The universe is rarely so lazy for coincidences to occur.

January 14, 2014 6:45 pm  #32

An idea that occurred to me (and it may yet still have some validity) is that we haven't actually truly met Moriarty. That Richard Brook was indeed, just a front man for the real Moriarty. (The fact that in the Classic Holmsian both Moriartys shared the same first and last name could lend credence to the theory)

"I am Lost without my Blogger!"

January 14, 2014 6:48 pm  #33

Golddragon71 wrote:

An idea that occurred to me (and it may yet still have some validity) is that we haven't actually truly met Moriarty. That Richard Brook was indeed, just a front man for the real Moriarty. (The fact that in the Classic Holmsian both Moriartys shared the same first and last name could lend credence to the theory)

That was my first thought, too.

January 14, 2014 7:38 pm  #34

If Sherlock and Mycroft planned the fall, who is the most likely person to have control over Moriarty's body? Mycroft. 

Mycroft + motive + opportunity + Moriarty's body = Mycroft did it. 

January 15, 2014 5:40 am  #35

macytree wrote:

What are everyones theories on the little clip of Moriarty after the credits? I do/ did believe he was dead but that little clip would suggest otherwise wouldn't it? That he is either alive or there is another Moriarty waiting in the wings. 

Agreed

============================================================
"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221b Baker Street. Afternoon..."

Sherlock: You're a doctor. In fact you're an army doctor.
Watson: Yes.
Sherlock: Any good?
Watson: Very good.
Sherlock: Seen a lot of injuries then. Violent deaths.
Watson: Well. Yes.
Sherlock: Bit of trouble too I bet.
Watson: Of course. Yes. Enough for a lifetime. Far too much.
Sherlock: Wanna see some more?
Watson: Oh god yes.

January 15, 2014 6:29 am  #36

xeone007 wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

Possibly. But now that the writers want us to believe that he is coming back, what can we say to that?

I'm not convinced they actually want us to believe he's coming back. They know that the fans will dissect this to bits and pieces, after all they haven't given us the 'real' Moriarty. I rather think they want us to come up with theories, lots of theories, lots of different theories. Not just theories about how he might have survived (I won't even try and come up with such theories, because in my opinion he's just dead ), but also theories about who might be behind this.
I'm sure they know that a lot of fans won't believe he's still alive.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 15, 2014 3:14 pm  #37

Wholocked wrote:

I'm guessing you did his autopsy then? 

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

January 15, 2014 3:16 pm  #38

I don't think he did.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 15, 2014 5:11 pm  #39

I asked myself the same question. Maybe he was rebuilding while Sherlock was dismantling. Maybe the consulting criminal needed a vacation. Either way, what he spent his time doing while being "dead" can spark some interesting theories and ideas. Moftiss may most likely have a better explaination, as it seems ANYTHING is possible these days after viewing S3.

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

January 15, 2014 5:49 pm  #40

SolarSystem
I'm not convinced they actually want us to believe he's coming back. They know that the fans will dissect this to bits and pieces, after all they haven't given us the 'real' Moriarty. I rather think they want us to come up with theories, lots of theories, lots of different theories. Not just theories about how he might have survived (I won't even try and come up with such theories, because in my opinion he's just dead ), but also theories about who might be behind this.
I'm sure they know that a lot of fans won't believe he's still alive.[/quote wrote:

And we're working hard at it. Theories about who might be behind it: Sherlock, Mary, Mycroft, Moriarty's brother, a whole new villain, Moriarty himself, Irene??? 

Maybe the fairies did it. 

Board footera