BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2014 7:36 pm  #1

Suspicious scenes from season 3.

I wondered if the writers leave subtle clues in previous episodes, then why not make a collection of photos of suspicious scenes where it might be likely that those scenes take their own story later in season 4.

This is my miscellany:-

Image 1: Why would Sherlock deduce that Mycroft is lonely? Mycroft looks so disturbed in this scene.

Image 2: This one is very strong in terms of suspicion. Indeed, why would Sherlock tell all of this to Anderson first? They still haven't explained how Sherlock survived the fall.

Image3: The Water's Gang! was it all just for the gags? or it was something?

Image4: more Waters Gang.

Image 5: Molly's BF! What the hell is up with him? Does Molly inevitably attract bad boys? Or this one is not like her last psychotic boyfriend?

Image 6: This one is trippy, because, Sherlock deduces that Mary had acquired her identity 5 years ago and it isn't her real name, yet this guy (Allegedly Mary's ex) says he knew her from ages ago (ages ago can mean beyond 5 years).

Image 7: One more from Molly's boyfriend. When Sherlock mentions a joke, everyone else giggles, but this guy is just a tad bit unhappy or is he just a deadpan?

Image 8: And just why was Sherlock in that broken house getting high?

Image 9: Wiggins is smart. Sherlock was amused by his observational skills. How is he smart?

Image 10: This was a shocker. When Sherlock returns from Bart's after his pee pathology, and goes to rest on his chair, this rather Indian-ish looking guy moves from the chair and goes to the extreme right corner. In this same room, Sherlock mentions of Charles Magnussen and Mycroft warns Anderson and his friend not to blabber out that name in public, our Indian-ish looking guy could've been in the room listening? or is it just an editing error?

Image 11: One more from the Indian-ish guy

Image 12: Lastly, this 'very obviously suggesting a new brother' scene.

That is all.

I'm sure I've not covered all of the tiny details but well. Do comment about this album-sort-of. and share if you have seen a scene which might suggest suspicion or stuff to know about or just some funny pics from TSoT 

Last edited by xeone007 (January 14, 2014 7:47 pm)

The universe is rarely so lazy for coincidences to occur.

January 14, 2014 8:11 pm  #2

Re: Suspicious scenes from season 3.

1. Because Mycroft has been telling Sherlock all along not to get attached.  Sherlock finally turns the tables by saying that, even though he's different, it doesn't mean he has to be alone, and that Mycroft is lonely.
2. Why wouldn't Sherlock tell him the truth?  He's a self-admitted show-off.  He shows off in front of Anderson all the time.
3. Joke.
4. He's her 'type', apparently.
5. "Ages" could mean any amount of time at all…including 5 years.
6. He's trying to impress Molly and failing to do so.
7. To start talk and rumors that he is back on drugs in order to trick Magnussen into thinking drugs is his 'pressure point'.
8. …drug addicts can be smart people, too?  See: Sherlock
9. I'm guessing that was one of the groupies Mycroft recruited to search Sherlock's flat for drugs, as mentioned in that very scene.
10. We'll see whether they elaborate on that or not.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 14, 2014 8:15 pm  #3

sj4iy wrote:

1. Because Mycroft has been telling Sherlock all along not to get attached.  Sherlock finally turns the tables by saying that, even though he's different, it doesn't mean he has to be alone, and that Mycroft is lonely.
2. Why wouldn't Sherlock tell him the truth?  He's a self-admitted show-off.  He shows off in front of Anderson all the time.
3. Joke.
7. To start talk and rumors that he is back on drugs in order to trick Magnussen into thinking drugs is his 'pressure point'.
9. I'm guessing that was one of the groupies Mycroft recruited to search Sherlock's flat for drugs, as mentioned in that very scene.

Cool stuff! I completely missed the 7th one. Thanks!

January 14, 2014 8:19 pm  #4

sj4iy wrote:

3. Joke.

The 2nd one, everyone on the net apparently is saying that it was the 'true' explanation. Yet, Im unsure, and if it isn't, there's a whole range of stuff writers could try in 4th season.

January 14, 2014 8:35 pm  #5

So your intention with this thread is to take bits from the episodes and think of ways in which the Moftiss could create new storylines out of them? Try to predict what they will do, is that how I should see it? I'm game.

Let me start with the red herring collection. I think we will not see anything of image 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11.  Reichenbach is over, Molly's BF was unhappy and they broke up later, Waters gang was just a one off, Sherlock pretended to be an addict in order to deceive CAM and the indian guy was one of the 'fanclub' or Mycroft's helpers. 

Image 1 and 12: Mycroft. 
I think what happens between Sherlock and Mycroft is quite straightforward. Mycroft used detachment as a powerful weapon and wants Sherlock to do the same. Especially because Sherlock is Mycroft's pressure point. Sherlock points out that it comes at a cost, and doesn't want to listen. My prediction is that this dynamic will endanger both of them in the new season, especially Mycroft, he might lose his position and his power. The other brother, if there was one, is probably dead. 

Image 9: Wiggins
Billy and Wiggins were two of Holmes' assistents in the canon. I think Billy Wiggins will fulfill that role in season 4, he might even live with Sherlock for a while, maybe Sherlock will help him off the drugs. I'm guessing that other characters won't like him, John might secretly become a bit jealous, mrs Hudson will be sceptical, Mycroft will be sarcastic. Maybe Mary might like him. Against all odds, Billy and Sherlock will become friends. 

Other things that may happen: John is gonna be torn between Sherlock and his family life, the baby might not make it, something huge is gonna happen to Mary's arc, Moriarty is gonna remain dead. 

January 14, 2014 8:39 pm  #6

I'd definitely like to see some more of Wiggins in Season 4. He was cool!

Also, I'm pretty sure Molly has split up from Tom now, right? Or it was insinuated in HLV.

I definitely want to see more from Mycroft and Sherlock's relationship and delve a little bit more into their past and I want to know what happened to their other brother.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 14, 2014 8:39 pm  #7

silverblaze wrote:

So your intention with this thread is to take bits from the episodes and think of ways in which the Moftiss could create new storylines out of them? Try to predict what they will do, is that how I should see it? I'm game.

Let me start with the red herring collection. I think we will not see anything of image 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11.  Reichenbach is over, Molly's BF was unhappy and they broke up later, Waters gang was just a one off, Sherlock pretended to be an addict in order to deceive CAM and the indian guy was one of the 'fanclub' or Mycroft's helpers. 

I think what happens between Sherlock and Mycroft is quite straightforward. Mycroft used detachment as a powerful weapon and wants Sherlock to do the same. Especially because Sherlock is Mycroft's pressure point. Sherlock points out that it comes at a cost, and doesn't want to listen. My prediction is that this dynamic will endanger both of them in the new season, especially Mycroft, he might lose his position and his power. The other brother, if there was one, is probably dead. 

Billy and Wiggins were two of Holmes' assistents in the canon. I think Billy Wiggins will fulfill that role in season 4, he might even live with Sherlock for a while, maybe Sherlock will help him off the drugs. I'm guessing that other characters won't like him, John might secretly become a bit jealous, mrs Hudson will be sceptical, Mycroft will be sarcastic. Maybe Mary might like him. Against all odds, Billy and Sherlock will become friends. 

Other things that may happen: John is gonna be torn between Sherlock and his family life, the baby might not make it, something huge is gonna happen to Mary's arc, Moriarty is gonna remain dead. 

Yeah that's exactly my intention

January 14, 2014 8:46 pm  #8

silverblaze wrote:

I agree with everything you just said. Wow. That was easy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 14, 2014 8:55 pm  #9

Interesting! Looking for clues and trying to work out what happens next is what I do on a daily basis, lol

I don't see Billy coming back, or at least not in a major role...

Mary - I am convinced, as I said many times, that they didn't just introduce this huge thing of her life to then just forget about it and not give it any more importance. I am not saying they will repeat herself; but in a way, I feel her character now needs to redeem herself - if you notice, Mofftiss have directed our feelings for her from the very beginning (made (almost) all of us like her straightaway, only to make us feel betrayed or at the very least confused and/or challenged by her choices and behaviours - first and foremost the shooting Sherlock thing).

So I am thinking they will now push her in either direction - either she will turn her life completely around and perhaps even sacrifice herself trying to save John - or even better Sherlock, coming full circle; or she will be involved in something else, something darker - 'relapse' in a way, like Sherlock and also John do.

The baby remains a bit question mark for me - I don't see it happening, and surely don't see it existing should they get rid of Mary. But there must be a reason why they added this detail. I am very curious as to know what this reason is.

As for Moriarty, I don't know - but I wonder if he will have any kind of connection (friend or foe) with Mary's story arc.

January 14, 2014 10:22 pm  #10

This predicting of us is probably just as much wishful thinking, but that's part of the fun. 

I think I secretly want Billy to get a big role because I'm getting a bit tired of the johnlock thing. 

Also dramatically, the Sherlock John relationship is getting a bit boring, they clearly adore each other and there's only so much conflict you can create without it becoming incredibly contrived. (See for examples of this the plots of pretty much every romantic comedy ever.) So new interactions with new characters are needed to keep it fresh.

I like the idea of John trying to balance his new life with his need for adventures and maybe the fact that he might not be Sherlock's only friend anymore. And Sherlock would have to show a whole different side of his if he wants to work with Billy. In canon they kinda grow apart a bit too, especially when they are older. Though they still remain best friends. 

Quite a lot has been said about their friendship in s3 and I want it to go back a bit in the direction of the more subtle characterisation of season 1 and 2. 

Maybe I'm weird but I find Sherlock's interactions with Mycroft way more interesting than the ones with John. I hope some of the old pain between them will come out and that maybe they'll resolve a few things. But not before they go through some sh*t together. And if Mycroft is ever gonna work as a character he'd need to get some limitations, either through some fall from grace, or from more exposition about what his role really is and what he can't do. I think the writers might do a bit of both. Johns reaction to this would also be interesting. 

January 14, 2014 10:27 pm  #11

silverblaze wrote:

Also dramatically, the Sherlock John relationship is getting a bit boring, they clearly adore each other and there's only so much conflict you can create without it becoming incredibly contrived. (See for examples of this the plots of pretty much every romantic comedy ever.) So new interactions with new characters are needed to keep it fresh.

they just introduced a HUGE new character - Mary! To me she's changed everything, and simultaneously (and involuntarily) put a strain and given new challenges to their relationship!

The story between John and Sherlock now is at a point where it's never been before - they still have lots to do with it.

January 14, 2014 10:29 pm  #12

But you had Mycroft tbeing sentimental with Sherlock! That has never happened before!

January 14, 2014 11:14 pm  #13

Ozma wrote:

they just introduced a HUGE new character - Mary! To me she's changed everything, and simultaneously (and involuntarily) put a strain and given new challenges to their relationship!

The story between John and Sherlock now is at a point where it's never been before - they still have lots to do with it.

Mmm, agreed, and Mary's arc needs to be played out. I agree with your ideas for Mary, btw. No baby, needs to die at some point, preferably in a heroic way, and some of the questions need to be anwered somehow. Maybe they'll spread it out over two series. But in the meantime when John is married, Sherlock can have Billy as an assistent, just like in the canon. He doesn't need a huge role. 

Swanpride wrote:

I actually love the interactions between Mycroft an John...this season was really lacking in this regard. Only one short moment when Mycroft tried to threaten him...if there is anything which disappointed me this season than that.

Agreed, but I have a soft spot for Mycroft. The more Mycroft the better. John's reaction was hilarious btw, I love how he just isn't impressed with Mycroft's threats. Maybe John will tell him off in the next series. 

January 15, 2014 12:48 am  #14

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1551538_727587533920122_951822489_n.jpg

Yep, the whole town's a-buzz from that little revelation.  But since there was never a clear indication in any Sherlock Holmes story that Sherlock and Mycroft had a brother, I doubt Moffat and Gatiss will pull one out of their bums in violation of official Sherlock canon.  But we shall see.

A good debate is like a fencing match — you don't have to win to get a good workout.

January 15, 2014 4:35 am  #15

Bruce Cook wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1551538_727587533920122_951822489_n.jpg

Yep, the whole town's a-buzz from that little revelation.  But since there was never a clear indication in any Sherlock Holmes story that Sherlock and Mycroft had a brother, I doubt Moffat and Gatiss will pull one out of their bums in violation of official Sherlock canon.  But we shall see.

Moffat and Gatiss have already pulled all kinds of non-Canonical things out of their bums, so why not the mythical Sherrinford Holmes? Can't be any worse than making Mary Watson a trained killer.

January 15, 2014 4:16 pm  #16

When Mary became the client..and Sherlock told us what he knew he said she was on the run.. Magnus... said one phone call people will come to kill her, people hate her.
Now she is internet famous they will find her...obviously.
To be redeemed whatever...she will die protecting them from her past.

Btw! In that client scene...Did you see the turn ups on her jeans! Mary is not the baby's mother! Obviously. ?.

In canon Sherlock does two big favours for the vatican.
The third brother was a bit useless and sent to Rome/Vatican as punishment...thats why Sherlock refers to the Church as  something to give the family idiot a career. So a case err in the church involving him...

Wiggins will continue as Sherlock s assistant and John will be very jealous and go into danger fix withdrawal again.....

Last edited by lil (January 15, 2014 4:19 pm)

January 15, 2014 5:53 pm  #17

How is Mary internet famous? Missed that bit. 

January 15, 2014 8:02 pm  #18

silverblaze wrote:

She isnt yet...but Sherlock is very famous and so too John / Johnsblog so one would assume in series four her profile will be raised somewhat too,, wedding pics with Sherlock in on the internet being passed around by fans , johnlockers for example. Also isn't Janine getting a lot of press,, from meeting sherlock as Marys matron of honour,,, bound to be pics .

Last edited by lil (February 12, 2014 9:09 pm)

January 16, 2014 10:14 am  #19

lil wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

She isnt yet...but Sherlock is very famous and so too John / Johnsblog so one would assume in series four her profile will be raised somewhat too,, wedding pics with Sherlock in on the internet being passed around by fans , johnlockers for example. Also isn't jenine getting a lot of press,, from meeting sherlock as Marys matron of honour,,, bound to be pics .

Agreed. I touched on this in another thread. How they try to keep fans out of shot during filming; yet in a real Sherlock world he would have fans outside of 221B hoping to catch a glimpse of him. Shag-a-lot Sherlock has been making front page headlines since TRF. Crimes of the century, exposure as a fake, his suicide, resurrection and erections. If a fictional Sherlock can generate this much press, TV and internet activity think how much it would generate if he was real. Hell, if Sherlock was real I bet on some forum somewhere somebody is posing the question right now  'Who is the real Mary Watson?'

January 16, 2014 12:54 pm  #20

Well, maybe but I hope that they come up with something more interesting than 'someone recognised her online'. 

Board footera