BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2012 7:18 pm  #61

Re: All the "gay" references to John

Sorry, Harriet.
I have corrected my typo.
But ' out boys' was much funnier...it means ' gay boys'!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 7:22 pm  #62

Thanks    Yes, I thought is might be a verb related to "to out s.b." 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 10, 2012 9:50 am  #63

Just as long as Irene is a lesbian, I dont have a care in the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

October 10, 2012 10:07 am  #64

Well Irene says she's gay, Sherlock is supposed to be asexual...but they seemed to have an affect on each other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 10, 2012 10:15 am  #65

*****Says in kids voice***** but I want the dominatrix, I suppose I should know when I'm beaten!  I am sorry I just couldnt help myself!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

October 10, 2012 10:20 am  #66

Ha!
You're welcome to her and I don't blame you: she's gorgeous...
But you raise an interesting point. 
I think this is where poor Steven got himself into a lot of trouble over Irene.
People seem to misunderstand that the dominatrix thing isn't really sexual.
They also seemed to completely miss the fact that she says she's gay...

January 14, 2014 1:05 am  #67

"There is nothing between them but deep friendship. Sherlock has no sentiments and John is only interested in women.
Sorry, but that's the truth. Since ACD. And ever after. Anyone maintaining the contrary will be punished to watch no less 
than three hours of Jeremy Brett." (Source Unknown)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This quote is funny, because if there is any interpretation of Sherlock Holmes that really makes him seem gay, it's Jeremy  Brett.

And in canon, some of the way Watson describes Holmes (physically) would sound like romantic attraction if said today.

Of course, we all remember Mycroft's infamous, "happy announcement by the end of the week," crack, but there is a far more subtle "Johnlock," moment here.

Mycroft: What is your connection to Sherlock Holmes?

John: I don't have one. I hardly know him. I met him (beat) yesterday.

It's that pause before "yesterday." As if John has already kind of forgotten, or has to think a bit to remember, that it WAS only yesterday. As if it's already hard for him to remember his life without Sherlock.

And I think Mycroft's crack is actually a rather realistic crack by one sibling about another...teasing your sibling about someone you think they have a crush on.

January 14, 2014 6:59 am  #68

I don't think we had any of these in His Last Vow, did we?

January 14, 2014 8:29 am  #69

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

"There is nothing between them but deep friendship. Sherlock has no sentiments and John is only interested in women.
Sorry, but that's the truth. Since ACD. And ever after. Anyone maintaining the contrary will be punished to watch no less 
than three hours of Jeremy Brett." (Source Unknown)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This quote is funny, because if there is any interpretation of Sherlock Holmes that really makes him seem gay, it's Jeremy  Brett.

And in canon, some of the way Watson describes Holmes (physically) would sound like romantic attraction if said today.

Of course, we all remember Mycroft's infamous, "happy announcement by the end of the week," crack, but there is a far more subtle "Johnlock," moment here.

Mycroft: What is your connection to Sherlock Holmes?

John: I don't have one. I hardly know him. I met him (beat) yesterday.

It's that pause before "yesterday." As if John has already kind of forgotten, or has to think a bit to remember, that it WAS only yesterday. As if it's already hard for him to remember his life without Sherlock.

And I think Mycroft's crack is actually a rather realistic crack by one sibling about another...teasing your sibling about someone you think they have a crush on.

and another thing about ASiP (hope it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet): Sherlock deduces that John wants to hit on him in Angelo's. Well, we know that some of Sherlock's deductions are wrong, especially when it comes to emotions. But from what we learned his abilities get worse and worse the more he knows people and is "involved" with them. When Sherlock thinks John is interested in him he barely knows him or is attached to him. Therefore, this assessment of John's feelings might be one of the most precise ones.

The Game is On!

January 14, 2014 4:36 pm  #70

I still do not accept that Sherlock really thought John was hitting on him.

Board footera