BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2014 3:35 am  #1

CAM and his newspaper business

Did anyone else, upon learning that CAM was a foreigner in England who owned newspapers and had influence on the British government (having been invited to Downing Street several times), make a connection to Rupert Murdoch?  That's the first thing I thought of!  And then I wondered if Moftiss might be trying to send a message.  Your thoughts?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 14, 2014 4:32 am  #2

Re: CAM and his newspaper business

Yeah it was a pretty obvious correlation I don't think there was a message though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 14, 2014 7:05 am  #3

Doubt they would make such a statement, but I guess its possible.

January 14, 2014 7:25 am  #4

Of course, obvious. Newspaper and their "methods" are very much in focus since ASiP (Daily Mail, Kitty Riley´s fairy tales, now CAM).

January 14, 2014 2:59 pm  #5

Yep, I noticed the same thing. And fiction is a great way to tell truths you can't otherwise tell. It's not a new thing though, the villain in Tomorrow Never Dies is very similar and the 'bad newspaperman' goes back to Citizen Kane, probably even further. 

Board footera