BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 9:02 pm  #1

CAM´s death

Did someone notice that theres smthing wrong with cam´s death? I mean when he visited sherlock for the firts time, his men (bodyguards or whoever) checked sherlock and john for helding weapons. Now in the appledore, there was no security check. If there was, they will find john´s gun. So i think moftiss really fucked up this big time.

January 14, 2014 12:09 am  #2

Re: CAM´s death

I believe that is what they call a hole in the script. Yes, I thought the same thing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

January 14, 2014 12:15 am  #3

As CAM says "they are harmless", maybe he just underestimated them and did not check them again for this reason?

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 14, 2014 12:19 am  #4

zeratul wrote:

As CAM says "they are harmless", maybe he just underestimated them and did not check them again for this reason?

That's what I thought.  Seemed like he figured he already won.

January 14, 2014 12:24 am  #5

First time, they've found just a knife and... this something, whatever that was, on John. Maybe CAM didn't expect much in ways of weapons after that. He felt safe, thought negotiation would do the trick.

"It is what it is."

January 14, 2014 12:54 am  #6

1) Somebody has explained before that owning a gun is quite difficult in the UK. Even an ex-soldier wouldn't be allowed to have one. And when they searched John at 221B he didn't have one.

2) Magnussen knew what Sherlock was planning and that Mycroft was coming with troops. So I guess he never imagined that John or Sherlock were going to have a gun (what for?) or that Sherlock was going to shoot him. As far as he knew Sherlock had never killed or even shoot anyone.

January 14, 2014 6:38 am  #7

Didn't Sherlock throw that guy who threatened Mr. Hudson out of his window? Well nobody knew about it...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 14, 2014 3:16 pm  #8

CAM believed they were in his power so it didn't matter if they had guns. 

January 14, 2014 3:39 pm  #9

Mrs. Watson wrote:

1) Somebody has explained before that owning a gun is quite difficult in the UK. Even an ex-soldier wouldn't be allowed to have one. And when they searched John at 221B he didn't have one.

2) Magnussen knew what Sherlock was planning and that Mycroft was coming with troops. So I guess he never imagined that John or Sherlock were going to have a gun (what for?) or that Sherlock was going to shoot him. As far as he knew Sherlock had never killed or even shoot anyone.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

That and the fact that Appledore is basically just CAM's own private hangout space where he goes to chill. There's nothing there. It's just basically a nice property. He has no reason to have security staff there to search people or protect anything. The only reason he might have them would be to protect himself, but his main fault as a person is that he believes he is above everyone and everything. He thinks he's completely untouchable. He wouldn't have imagined, even for a second, that Sherlock would kill him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera