BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 9:48 pm  #1

Hello from Belgium !

Hello Everyone !

My name is Victoire, I live in Brussels.
I have a long story with Sherlock Holmes. I started reading the stories far too young (thanks to my grand-father) and as a result I had the Adaman Islander staying at night in my wardrobe and generating countless nightmares !!!! Then I discovered the Sherlock Holmes cartoons and, when I was a little bit older, the TV show with Jeremy Brett. I immediately loved Jeremy Brett in the role of Sherlock Holmes and, until very recently, it was for me the best adaptation on screen possible.

I must say that I was quite reluctant about new adaptations. I tried to watch the first movie with Robert Downey Junior, but didn’t manage to watch it until the end. One of my friends discovered the BBC TV show and tried to convince me to watch it, but I refused. I had the feeling that it was a betrayal to put Sherlock Holmes in contemporary times. Finally she offered me the DVD of the 2 first series and I immediately felt in love with the stories, the actors and the cleverness of the Canon adaptations.
It just have seen the 3rd series on BBC and it is the first time that I am discovering it ‘live’, with all the rumors, the guesses, ect and I loved it. That’s the reason why I decided to join this forum !

Cheers

'The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes'

January 13, 2014 9:49 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Belgium !

Bienvenue, Victoire, welcome and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 13, 2014 9:56 pm  #3

Hi, welcome, Victoire! Enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 14, 2014 11:52 am  #4

Bienvenue! Hello and welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera