BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 5:30 pm  #1

Binary code.

If anyone is wondering what's that binary code which Moriarty expresses through his fingertips.

Now, its decimal value equals 4.90104671079E+18
But its ASCII translation says that the code isn't divisible by 8.(cannot be accepted by ASCII standards.)
This can be that I may have errored in seeing the code, or it wasn't really meant to be a secret code or something.

Feel free to check the code try to find out if I've errored in writing that code (it was really taxing).

The universe is rarely so lazy for coincidences to occur.

January 13, 2014 5:36 pm  #2

Re: Binary code.

UPDATE: The code was that  Moriarty was tapping his fingers to Johann Sebastian Bach. That was the rhythm. So, there's no meaning to that binary.

January 17, 2014 2:26 am  #3

add to that Moriarty himself said "There is no code! DOOFUS!!!!" It was just a con to put Sherlock through the paces and keep him distracted.

"I am Lost without my Blogger!"

January 17, 2014 9:20 am  #4

Golddragon71 wrote:

add to that Moriarty himself said "There is no code! DOOFUS!!!!" It was just a con to put Sherlock through the paces and keep him distracted.

Of course, I knew that, but I thought this code would still have some meaning, like, the writers put in some stuff. But it was just utter gibber

January 17, 2014 4:29 pm  #5

would be cool if it had some unlockable statement to it to the fans like saying "Elementary My Dear Warson" (Moftiss are big fans of the Rathbone/Bruce Movies so it would have been a cute easter egg on their part) course you'd have to have fans who could translate the binary code to it's numeric value and then translate that to alpha/numerics in order to switch it over to english....

and is any of that actually possible? (Math and computer science are not my subjects)

"I am Lost without my Blogger!"

January 17, 2014 5:10 pm  #6

Golddragon71 wrote:

would be cool if it had some unlockable statement to it to the fans like saying "Elementary My Dear Warson" (Moftiss are big fans of the Rathbone/Bruce Movies so it would have been a cute easter egg on their part) course you'd have to have fans who could translate the binary code to it's numeric value and then translate that to alpha/numerics in order to switch it over to english....

and is any of that actually possible? (Math and computer science are not my subjects)

Yes, of course it is possible. ASCII translation from binary...

Board footera