BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 2:26 pm  #61

Re: Did you miss me?

The facade being that Mycroft likes to pretend he's really that cold (I think that's what kazza meant, at least that's my take on it), but he isn't really. Methinks Mycroft's quite good at it, he had me in doubt too, and who knows what Moftiss might do next. 

It's possible that Mycroft wasn't involved in Morarty's 'return' but don't you agree that it was very convenient for him? There are other possiblitlies too, it could be his brother, it could be that Sherlock and Mycroft really suck at getting rid of M. and he and Sherlock faked suicide at each other. I still find the Mycroft theory the most plausible. 

January 13, 2014 2:27 pm  #62

kazza: Is it possible that you write a posting without taunting others. That is also tiresome...

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 13, 2014 2:28 pm  #63

silverblaze wrote:

Ozma wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see series 4 start with Sherlock excitedly putting his coat on to go after Moriarty, and Mycroft chirping 'Where are you going? I made that video you dumbass'

I'm with Ozma and Anja on this. That video looked fake, very fake. Mycroft has a motive to make something like that and he has the opportunity. 

That and I was shocked that Mycroft might kill his brother, like literally kill to death, with the secret mission thing. I hope it isn't true. The fact that Mycroft wanted Sherlock to go on the mission rather than to prison suggests that he had something planned, otherwise he wouldn't choose death over imprisonment. The 'I hope you've learned your lesson' seems a bit telling as well. And surely Mycroft would just be as good an actor as Sherlock. 

Maybe Mycroft even foresaw Sherlock's intention to steal his laptop and was just playing along. What neither of them knew was Magnussen's mind palace. 

5. I absolutely agree. I also think Mycroft was assuming Sherlock´s plan before. Something during the smoking-scene tells that to me. He was prepared on Sherlock doing something: "Maybe there was something in the punch?"
And I rewatched it now: You can hardly see his face when he is getting the message of Moriarty on the screens.Could definetely be acted.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 13, 2014 2:30 pm)

January 13, 2014 2:37 pm  #64

Another question or assumption: I don´t think the public knows that Sherlock shot Magnusson. He´s coming back now, living in Baker Street again very likely etc. He was already treated specially with the exile plan. He has an international reputation and it would look quite strange seeing him, well-known and famous, a recent murderer, walking around. I think all the events that day on Applesomething are secret. More or less.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 13, 2014 2:42 pm)

January 13, 2014 2:38 pm  #65

yes, but what is going to happen to Sherlock when it gets clear that there is no real danger arising?

I think it is also quite interesting that Mycroft obviously has the power to get Sherlock back.

The Game is On!

January 13, 2014 2:38 pm  #66

There's simply too much Mycroft he's the TARDIS of Sherlock, the deux ex machina , whenever Sherlock is in really deep trouble. Some might argue that it's not necessarily true, Sherlock has demonstrated true idependence. Yet he's all over the place. He was much more distant and therefore interesting in the books.

January 13, 2014 2:40 pm  #67

Marva wrote:

yes, but what is going to happen to Sherlock when it gets clear that there is no real danger arising?

I think it is also quite interesting that Mycroft obviously has the power to get Sherlock back.

Oh, a danger will arise, I am sure. I think in general the world of secret agencies forgets a lot very soon. As long as nobody´s asking.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 13, 2014 2:41 pm)

January 13, 2014 2:44 pm  #68

Yeahright wrote:

There's simply too much Mycroft he's the TARDIS of Sherlock, the deux ex machina , whenever Sherlock is in really deep trouble. Some might argue that it's not necessarily true, Sherlock has demonstrated true idependence. Yet he's all over the place. He was much more distant and therefore interesting in the books.

well, he *is* also the writer of the show

January 13, 2014 2:53 pm  #69

Marva wrote:

The 'Moriarty tapes' only need to be used every now & then. No other evidence just means he's around somewhere doesn't it?
Meanwhile more cases will come along & eventually the storyline will be dropped, as happens in the canon. There are so many more storylines they can do, they won't dwell long on that one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2014 2:55 pm  #70

Ozma wrote:

Yeahright wrote:

well, he *is* also the writer of the show

LOL, Mycroft as God. Maybe there should be a fourth wall breaking moment in which Mycroft rewrites a scene he doesn't like. 

The deus ex machina. That's exactly the reason why I suspected that they might kill him off. It's kinda hard to create tension when there is an omnicient, all powerful, benevolent big brother watching all the time. 

I think that's why they placed him in such jeopardy in the 'secret meeting' scene. He's not so powerful, he has to use an elaborate scheme to keep his brother out of jail, only to find the need to save him from certain death. And all the while he needs to pretend he doesn't care about him or the decision will be made for him and not by him. And if he's behind the video and they find out he's in big trouble. 

The only way they're gonna keep Mycroft is by giving him limitations. 

January 13, 2014 3:14 pm  #71

As I was watching that scene just as Sherlock has shot CAM, in my head I was literally begging MARK GATISS (and not Mycroft) not to shoot him. J

But I do think yes Mycroft was going to find a way to save his little brother, but it wouldn’t have been through such a theatrical charade witnessed by everyone. I would think he would do it on the low down and hush hush… though you never know.

Or maybe Mofftiss did really just stick Moriarty’s message at the end and then went, we’ll think about what that means later, it will be cool J (I write stories and I do that sometimes. YES, IT’S FOOLISH to do it with the most popular show on the BBC so no I don’t think that’s really what they did )

January 13, 2014 4:22 pm  #72

Ozma wrote:

As I was watching that scene just as Sherlock has shot CAM, in my head I was literally begging MARK GATISS (and not Mycroft) not to shoot him. J

As if the Moftiss would kill the protagonist of their 10mil show. 

Ozma wrote:

But I do think yes Mycroft was going to find a way to save his little brother, but it wouldn’t have been through such a theatrical charade witnessed by everyone. I would think he would do it on the low down and hush hush… though you never know.

I agree that's more Mycroft's m.o. but I don't think it's beyond him. He's a round character and does a lot of things you don't immediately expect. And we still don't know a great deal about him, wouldn't surprise me if he lies a lot too. 

Ozma wrote:

Or maybe Mofftiss did really just stick Moriarty’s message at the end and then went, we’ll think about what that means later, it will be cool J (I write stories and I do that sometimes. YES, IT’S FOOLISH to do it with the most popular show on the BBC so no I don’t think that’s really what they did )

Well, they did plot series 4 and 5 so they might have come up with a clever solution. 

I'm not saying my theory is the only option, maybe Moriarty will come back or maybe his twin brother will want revenge. That last option would be canon so that would be just as plausible. It's just that the Mycroft solution would be an elegant solution for two problems:
1. It explains Mycroft's actions. If it wasn't him he'd have exposed Sherlock to lethal danger, not really what he does. He has a strong motive. 
2. It doesn't require a dead man coming alive. As much as I like Moriarty, his part in the tale is over. 

January 13, 2014 4:45 pm  #73

I am a simple goldfish!
I don't mind where they go with this story line...I just loved seeing Andrew again and he was fantastic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2014 4:51 pm  #74

besleybean wrote:

I am a simple goldfish!
I don't mind where they go with this story line...I just loved seeing Andrew again and he was fantastic.

This.
And I trust in Mofftiss that it will be a good story line. I hope. Oh well..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 13, 2014 5:04 pm  #75

silverblaze wrote:

Ozma wrote:

As if the Moftiss would kill the protagonist of their 10mil show. 

I didn't actually think they would.... but the emotions of the moment just got the better of me, and to be honest, a show that still manages to make you doubt what is obviously not going to happen is a masterpiece in my opinion.

January 13, 2014 5:19 pm  #76

Really?
God, I couldn't give a fig about CAM.
Just loved seeing Moriarty!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2014 5:45 pm  #77

no I meant not to shoot Sherlock, I don't give a fig about CAM either

January 13, 2014 6:13 pm  #78

I have faith in the Mofftiss, even if they are black hearted liars. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2014 6:36 pm  #79

Apparently the BBC is keen to have the new series of Sherlock by Christmas, and it looks like they might start filming in the spring.

No signatures on the contracts from Ben and Martin yet, so we will see, though I have everything crossed and by God I *will* go to the set and hope to find out info I can occupy my Sherlockless time with.

January 13, 2014 6:40 pm  #80

I am simply minded too. I can handle every change in the series and I have faith in the creators that they know what is good for the show. For me, there is never reason for disappointment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera