BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2012 9:05 pm  #21

Re: Any Star Trek fans?

I watched the Star Trek feature films years ago (saw First Contact in the movies) but hadn't watched any of the TV shows before. I decided to watch all the different series little by little. I'm now at the end of the 1st season of The Original Series and I've really enjoyed it. The episodes are better written and thought of than I would've thought, considering it's over four decades old. Some really interesting ideas going on here and there. My only gripe so far is that it's a bit uneven. There's great episodes and then theres lot of decent ones and a few quite bad ones. But overall I'm enjoying it. I've yet to try the Spock grip on my friends. It'll come in handy with my future girlfriend when she wants to have the "where is this relationship going" -talk at some point. I'll be fine once I perfect the grip and combine it with the Jedi mind trick.

The "Kirk vs Gorn" fight was beyond my wildest dreams.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 14, 2012 6:13 am  #22

benedict has been denying that he's playing Kahn  or sone of kahn.   we'll  have to wait till May of 2013  for it to come out in the USA.    I'm  gonna go see it.   I  just watched a fan nmade video trailer  which  shows benedict frozen inside something--  he looks  just like a sleeping sherlock!!!    But he's a villain.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 14, 2012 9:22 am  #23

Simon Pegg said in a recent interview that Cumberbatch is not going to play Khan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 14, 2012 8:25 pm  #24

The movie has finished filming.   Now,  Ben's working on the hobbit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 12:16 am  #25

Big-time ST fan here:  DS9 is my favorite series, followed by Voyager.  Been to three cons, have autographs, Trek T-shirts and jewlery (Bajoran-style earrings), lots of books--and have read tons more--and used to subscribe to a fan magazine.  So, yeah, I like the ST universe!   

But Spock is my favorite character and when I heard that in Sherlock, I was like: Huh? Wow--cool!  Thanks for posting the link to Diane Duane's article (sorry, I forget who did); it was very enjoyable and interesting to read something other than novels that she wrote.

I will of course go see the new movie but I strongly disliked the reboot.  I won't go into the numerous reasons why here.  I'm sure that Ben's presence in the upcoming movie will compensate for whatever shortcomings I may find in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 3, 2012 7:21 pm  #26

Bajoran earrings??? Wounderful. My favourite series is Voyager, but the greatest caracter is from Ds9: Weyoun. (All four ones, of course.) Star trek is just great. My friends and I are big fans and we barely talk about other things.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

October 7, 2012 5:10 pm  #27

Another Trekkie signing in!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 5:36 pm  #28

Next Generation fan, although I don't really look for it or have any DVDs. I just think PS as JLP is so good.

October 7, 2012 6:00 pm  #29

I like all I've seen...but when I was 9, I was madly in love with William Shatner!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 6:16 pm  #30

So was I. Truly, madly, deeply! He was just so gorgeous and the first inter-racial kiss on US TV! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2012 6:53 pm  #31

Woohoo!

December 1, 2012 7:32 pm  #32

I quite like Star treck.
I sort of grew up with it, because my parents are such fans.
Me and my brother are named after actors and characters of this series to a certain degree (It's not like we're called Spock and Uhura...)
When I heard Batchy would play the villain I was really excited! But then I realised: When he spends to much time playing that part season 3 will have to wait...
But still I ca't wait for the next movie! :D

March 28, 2013 5:15 pm  #33

Life long fan of Star Trek. When the show first started we would watch it as a family. Since it came on at dinner time it was the only night of the week where we would get to eat in the living room. My mom made dinner and we all sat with these little metal folding TV tables in front of us. Every Saturday at 6. Best night of the week.
I have seen and mostly liked all of the spin offs. DS9 was the only one that lost my interest, but I still watched most of it. I liked Odo.

The re-boot movie.
I went to see that with some trepidation. I grew up with these characters - literally. I am a huge Trek fan and I was worried that they would butcher it. I was beyond pleased. The re-boot was fantastic. The casting was great and the essence of each character was spot on in my opinion. The way the wormhole was used to change the past and give the new Star Trek a whole new lease on canon was a stroke of sheer brilliance because it now fits with the original canon. 

I am very much looking forward to the new film, and having Benedict in it is icing on the cake for me. I would have waited in line for the first showing whether or not he was a part of the show.

Last edited by AliceI (March 28, 2013 5:36 pm)

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 28, 2013 5:31 pm  #34

Here, me! Met my husband at a Trek Dinner some 19 years ago. Picard's the best!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 1, 2013 3:34 pm  #35

Not a 'Trekkie', so to speak, but I do enjoy the series, yes. Looking forward to the new movie, but most likely won't be one of the nuts to wait in line for the midnight premiere. ;)

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

April 2, 2013 4:05 am  #36

Sampy Arctica wrote:

Looking forward to the new movie, but most likely won't be one of the nuts to wait in line for the midnight premiere. ;)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

April 2, 2013 5:15 am  #37

...you mean resent?

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

April 2, 2013 7:50 am  #38

It's a very old but popular Brit joke to say:  I resemble that remark.

Last edited by besleybean (April 2, 2013 7:50 am)

April 2, 2013 8:12 am  #39

Sampy Arctica wrote:

Not a 'Trekkie', so to speak, but I do enjoy the series, yes. Looking forward to the new movie, but most likely won't be one of the nuts to wait in line for the midnight premiere. ;)

I would, but there doesn't seem to be one near my home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 2, 2013 10:25 pm  #40

Sampy Arctica wrote:

...you mean resent?

Nope. I meant resemble. It is a play on words. Means the remark describes me well.

Board footera