BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2014 10:24 pm  #21

Re: First Reactions...

I still have some big questions but damn people.  That was some sort of amazing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2014 10:24 pm  #22

tonnaree wrote:

Sherlock clawed his way back from the DEAD for John.

*breathe*

THIS.

January 12, 2014 10:27 pm  #23

Wow, I want to watch it again RIGHT NOW. So much plot in so little time. The whole book in the first 15 minute. Mycroft almost killed his brother? It's good!

January 12, 2014 10:27 pm  #24

OMG! WTF? I'm lost for words. Speechless. Moriarty is back!?

I can't find words for all my feelings...

January 12, 2014 10:29 pm  #25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 12, 2014 10:30 pm  #26

Sorry.... I need to remember how to breathe again................................................

Anyway, I'll have to watch it again (above all because my son called me at one moment, I went to his bedroom when Sherlock was practically getting violent towards Mycroft and when I came back, Sherlock had a girlfriend, lol. Thank God I had read the canon last night or I would have been very very confused! )

When we saw a woman threatening CAM, I knew it was Mary. I said it again on here not later than a couple of hours ago, I knew something was very wrong about her and I suspecter her to be the next big villain. Well, I wasn't that far, in the end! I have to watch it again to understand clearly what was her motive, but I found it hard afterwards to feel sympathy for her, even if she's not as bad as she could have easily killed Sherlock if she wanted to, and she really seems to care about John. Yet I think he forgives her a bit too easily. Maybe that's just me. And I'll probably sound very cruel, but I just can't bring myself thinking of John becoming a dad, it's just... i don't know... too far from canon... so yeah, it's awful but I wish it's not gonna happen. (is she gonna be Moriarty's new target???)

Moriarty. Talking about him. That, on the other hand, was a really surprise! I think my mouth dropped open and stayed like that quite a long time. This was probably the last thing I was expecting!

Otherwise, to make it short, I spent the whole episode totally tense, with my hands clutching at the arm of my sofa. Especially when Sherlock got shot but above all, above all... when he shot Magnussen, and that Mycroft took off his headphones (or whatever you call that) and said "oh sherlock, what have you done?" and that "little Sherlock" is seen crying. Yes, that, Kid Sherlock, that was beautifully done, that and everything that went in his head: Mycroft, Molly, Anderson, Moriarty... that was AMAZING!!!

And Magnussen! God, I loved him as much as I hated him. That was a terrifying villain! And such a charisma!!

Can someone confirm (I'm not an English native) that Mycroft really said something among the lines of "Your loss would break my heart", because I'm not sure I heard it well, but if so... WOW!!!!!! They are my two favourite characters. I love their interaction, and then... "Merry christmas" "you hate christmas!" awwwww.............

The end... I still don't know what to think of Sherlock and John "goodbyes". Well, I know we already had a hug in the previous episode and that a second would have been too much (this is Sherlock, he's not a Care Bear!) but I don't know... It left me a bit bitter...

Well, that's all I can think of right now... In a word. WOW!

I think i'll need time to "cope"...

Just like old times...

January 12, 2014 10:31 pm  #27

Haven't sorted this out in my head yet. Not quite what I expected.  Did we actually see Sherlock kill a man?  That's usually John's job.  I remember huge debate threads on here a year or two ago concerning whether of not Sherlock would actually kill someone - as it is not found in canon. Still processing this bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 12, 2014 10:34 pm  #28

Question.  The scene we all saw in promo photos, the one of Sherlock watching John through a resturant window.  Where was that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2014 10:35 pm  #29

Harriet wrote:

Happy for Mattlocked ... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 12, 2014 10:35 pm  #30

yes, Mycroft said that losing Sherlock would break his heart.

And yes, I agree that John forgave Mary too easily. Oh well.
I still think she's got to go.

January 12, 2014 10:35 pm  #31

tonnaree wrote:

Mycroft said there was another Holmes brother!!'

Oh thank God! I wasn't sure I got that well (it's really not easy to understand everything when you ain't English), I thought I'd heard so, but then I was like "No, it can't be... You've probably misheard it". Oh my... I have no words!!!!

And yes, what you said too, about Sherlock fighting death for John... Wow... And that John, more than drugs or anything, is his pressure point. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed that John's is Mary, and not Sherlock: I know it's his wife and that he loves her despite everything, and that she's holding their future child, but still......  I was very delighted on the other hand to know, even if that really wasn't a surprise, that Mycroft's is Sherlock...

Just like old times...

January 12, 2014 10:39 pm  #32

I do think the whole pressure point thing was frustrating - how the feck can Sherlock not be John's. He
can surely have 2 - although it does piss me off that Mary is his main one.

And I know John was sad and everything, but Sherlock just fecking sacrificed himself for him, and that's the reaction he has as Sherlock is being sent away - most possibly forever? Weird...that left me bitter too.

January 12, 2014 10:39 pm  #33

OMG OMG OMG, I still don't know what exactly to think, I don't even know what I'm feeling, but it looks like the best so far, this is my first reaction, let me watch it subtitled and I'll be sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

January 12, 2014 10:39 pm  #34

I can't believe that Sherlock wouldn't have made sure that Moriarty was dead, like actually dead, before he spent two years destroying his network. You better have a good explanation, Moftiss. Also, that theory Sherlock told Anderson was the truth, then? Everybody kind of forgot about that after the wedding and that stuff.
But, yeah, not gonna lie, I loved all of it. Not really prepared to wait another two years?!

January 12, 2014 10:44 pm  #35

Punch me in the face wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Mycroft said there was another Holmes brother!!'

Oh thank God! I wasn't sure I got that well (it's really not easy to understand everything when you ain't English), I thought I'd heard so, but then I was like "No, it can't be... You've probably misheard it". Oh my... I have no words!!!!

Same here  :D

Wow what an episode. Stunning.
Really.
Need to watch it a second time but I think it's close to ASiB, which is the best ep IMO.
And Mary....never expected that. They totally got me.
But it's great.
And Moriarty is back!
WOHOOO!

January 12, 2014 10:46 pm  #36

My husband (he tried to follow in english) and I are still laughing about the christmas scene when Sherlock and Mycroft were petending not to smoke. I love the whole family ;)

January 12, 2014 10:50 pm  #37

Hudders wrote:

My husband (he tried to follow in english) and I are still laughing about the christmas scene when Sherlock and Mycroft were petending not to smoke. I love the whole family ;)

Uh yes I loved that.

January 12, 2014 10:52 pm  #38

tonnaree wrote:

Question.  The scene we all saw in promo photos, the one of Sherlock watching John through a resturant window.  Where was that?

I wondered too. Does anybody know?

January 12, 2014 10:55 pm  #39

And that Moftiss Q&A was way too short. 

January 12, 2014 10:55 pm  #40

I can totally see why Sherlock forgave Mary so easily.  It's just a complicated situation, and he's more upset that she didn't come to him for help than he is that she shot him.

Loved it.  Absolutely perfect, fantastic, gripping...best episode yet, by far.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

Board footera