BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2014 2:46 pm  #21

Re: The Bonfire & the Terrorist Plot

I have to say, it is one part of my nation's culture that I totally disagree with...I hate Guy Fawkes night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2014 3:57 pm  #22

It's kinda interesting because apparantly the man wasn't really guilty. He was the scapegoat. I can't think of examples but as soon as I read that I thought 'typical'. History seems to fall in those patterns. 

Maybe I just watch too much QI, that's a British thing I do love. 

January 12, 2014 4:00 pm  #23

Stephen Fry, I love!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2014 4:17 pm  #24

Hehe, me too. And he played Mycroft, though I like Mark's Mycroft more. 

January 12, 2014 4:18 pm  #25

I still have the films sitting on my shelf to watch!

January 12, 2014 4:18 pm  #26

KeepersPrice wrote:

I think it will be linked somehow because we see CAM in his lair at the end of TEH just like we had the hint of Moriarty being behind the cabbie's plot at the end of ASiP. Then we hear a reference to CAM at the wedding through the telegram so we know he is lurking just like we had a glimpse of Moriarty behind the Chinese smuggling ring in TBB. Then in TGG Moriarty actually shows himself to begin the game with Sherlock in earnest. In HLV today I believe CAM will finally show himself. It's even likely that the plot will continue with him into series 4 if things are not resolved in HLV just as they did with Moriarty into Series 2. As you say, we shall see very soon.

Yes; I agree that the two are linked.  We see CAM, if that's who it really was (and I think it was), watching the Guy Fawkes bonfire and Sherlock roaring to the rescue at the end of TEH.  Why would the audience be shown that if not to connect the dots and make the connection? 

Interesting how you analyze the sightings of Moriarty in Series 1 and 2 with CAM in Series 3 and possibly 4.  That makes a lot of sense.  So much to look forward to with HLV!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 12, 2014 6:31 pm  #27

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

I think it will be linked somehow because we see CAM in his lair at the end of TEH just like we had the hint of Moriarty being behind the cabbie's plot at the end of ASiP. Then we hear a reference to CAM at the wedding through the telegram so we know he is lurking just like we had a glimpse of Moriarty behind the Chinese smuggling ring in TBB. Then in TGG Moriarty actually shows himself to begin the game with Sherlock in earnest. In HLV today I believe CAM will finally show himself. It's even likely that the plot will continue with him into series 4 if things are not resolved in HLV just as they did with Moriarty into Series 2. As you say, we shall see very soon.

Yes; I agree that the two are linked.  We see CAM, if that's who it really was (and I think it was), watching the Guy Fawkes bonfire and Sherlock roaring to the rescue at the end of TEH.  Why would the audience be shown that if not to connect the dots and make the connection? 

Interesting how you analyze the sightings of Moriarty in Series 1 and 2 with CAM in Series 3 and possibly 4.  That makes a lot of sense.  So much to look forward to with HLV!

Yes, I'd be surprised if he appeared and disappeared in one ep.  Didn't moffat say something about Moriarty - couldn't bring ourselves to waste such a good villian in just one episode??  I think the big villians will be used to thier utmost before they are discarded....by Sherlock's genius. 

Mxx

January 12, 2014 6:53 pm  #28

I assume they'll get at least one series each.

January 12, 2014 7:11 pm  #29

I found the whole thing to be rather forced, in order to provide some sort of "action" to an "emotional" episode. I mean, it will play some part of something in the future, I'm sure.  But within the context it was written, it just seemed forced.

Board footera