BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2014 5:47 pm  #261

Re: Who else is nervous/scared about His Last Vow?

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

The comparison to Harry Potter is very good.  Before the last book came out (I think it was the last--correct me if I'm wrong), everyone knew a major character was going to die but not who it was.  When the book was ultimately published, I avoided reading comments about it because I didn't want any spoilers.  At the time, I was a member of a worldwide education listserv and suddenly, two days after the book came out, a post that was about something else just happened to divulge at the very end which character had died.  I was furious.  I sent a nasty email to the writer of the post, castigating her for what she did--I mean, really, few working people have the time to read a 700-page novel in just two days!  So the whole experience of reading the novel was spoiled for me, as I just kept waiting to find out who was going to die, and when I finally got to that point, it wasn't such a shock anymore because I already knew it was going to happen.

This is why I don't like spoilers.  I find it much more fun to speculate and, after the fact, discuss how I/we went wrong (or perhaps right).  There are so many possibilities with HLV and I can't wait to find out what really happens.  I really appreciate that people on this board have made it very clear when they are discussing spoilers, so I can avoid them.

But, arrgh!!!  There is a live performance on TV that overlaps with the broadcast of HLV and, since I don't have a DVR or any way to record that performance, I am tempted to wait until after the first broadcast of HLV to watch it.  Does anyone know--I'm sure someone here does!--how long it takes before the episodes are available on iPlayer?  Because I'm very tempted to just wait and watch it there instead.

Yeah, I know the Harry Potter problem. I had made the mistake to read some reviews about book six (I suppose you mean that?) at amazon. Most were neutral or taged with spoiler-alarm, but some wasn't so I also knew, who died . I didn't made the same mistake with book seven.

The episode will be available on iPlayer just after airing.

Last edited by stoertebeker (January 12, 2014 5:49 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 12, 2014 5:57 pm  #262

The funny thing is that never once while waiting for the new episodes to air (and boy, was that a long wait) I'd expected to be most nervous about the last one. My focus solely was on The Empty Hearse and the solution to the fall. And now... CAM on the horizon!
I usually go to bed early, but not tonight, I'll wait till the iplayer goes live and then... uargh...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 12, 2014 6:00 pm  #263

Oh no, I always knew this was gonna be the stinker...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2014 6:15 pm  #264

I can't even sort out all my feelings right now. I am glad I still have one more episode to watch yet sad that it is the final episode for this series.  I am filled with anxiety that one of my favourite characters might get killed during the final moments. I think Sherlock and John are safe, but I would not want Mycroft or Greg to be on the casualty list. Looking forward to seeing how closely the script will follow canon. I can't focus on anything else I need to get done today. My sweetie thinks I have gone bonkers.

January 12, 2014 6:18 pm  #265

We're all bonkers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2014 6:18 pm  #266

I can't deny it...I'm terrified!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 12, 2014 7:44 pm  #267

I'm literally shaking. I haven't felt like this in ... ever. I'm relatively new to the fandom, so I didn't "experience" Reichenbachfall. I only watched it one year ago. This will be my first real hiatus. Have faith in me, guys.

January 12, 2014 8:04 pm  #268

God, yesterday evening we celebrated one of my best mate's 43th bday, I came back home at 2.30am and my 4 year old was up until that time. He went to bed, I wasn't tired so I only got to bed at 10am (among other things, I read the Charles augustus milverton story as I am not that far in reading the canon --I'm through "the adventures..." -- but wanted to know the story before watching the episode) thinking that my son would wake me up about two hours later. I fell asleep and when I heard "Mummy, I'm awake!!!", I glanced at the clock and it was 4.00pm!!

Now I'm going to brush his teeth and put him into bed (it's 9pm here), pray for me! Because I guess he's not gonna want to sleep when he woke up only 5 hours ago! Gaaaaah.... I'm even more nervous than I was!

I keep my fingers crossed. I'm not sure I'll stay calm if he calls me (his room is on the second floor) right in the middle of the episode, lol

Just like old times...

January 12, 2014 8:14 pm  #269

Hubby works night shift so he is asleep.  I am grateful he won't be here to see my hysteria.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera