BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 5:30 pm  #2621

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

It was all part of a biiiig plan to get our moneyyyyy  *evil look*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 11, 2014 5:47 pm  #2622

Well, I suppose I'm just too good and innocent for this world, I ordered it and didn't even think about... THAT.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 11, 2014 5:49 pm  #2623

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2014 10:35 pm  #2624

This is the most amazing thread I have ever read, and I wish I found it sooner!  (Not finished yet... but I love it and I probably have a few things to add if it wasn't already said already.)

I do have one..

You know you're obsessed when:  You wish you had short curly hair so you could do the hair ruffle

January 11, 2014 10:54 pm  #2625

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, I suppose I'm just too good and innocent for this world, I ordered it and didn't even think about... THAT.

I suppose I am just as naive as you are. I did not order one but I thought them funny and did not think about THAT for one second. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 11, 2014 10:54 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 11, 2014 10:57 pm  #2626

Not naive, Susi...! Innocent and good!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 12, 2014 2:26 am  #2627

When you're at your local Humane Society's adoption event, and see a cat that has been named John, and immediately think, "You need another one named Sherlock." 

When you hear that a certain REAL person, accused of leaking classified information, has fled the country, and you immediately think he should fake his death, or you think of Sherlock, or Moriarty, or Irene.

Same when you hear about a certain British newspaper and their notorious-information-gathering methods.

When you hear songs about Christ rising from the dead and think of The Empty House or The Empty Hearse. (Or vice versa, the episodes remind you of the songs.)

Google, for example, "Last Night," by Karen Peck and New River.

When relationship songs like this one, "When and Where" by Confederate Railroad,

Anytime, anyplace, say the word and I'm on my way

I can tell it's her by the way the phone rings
When she calls I drop everything
Snaps her fingers, and I'm there
Hello, darling, [Sherlock] when and where?

...remind you of Johnlock (all of the "hers" would have to be changed to "him", of course). Same with breakup and lost-loved-one songs.

When a Facebook friend calls Bert and Ernie "the oldest gay couple on television," and you reply, "What about Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson?"

Somebody mentioned pets named Sherlock and Watson: my brother and sister-in-law just acquired a terrier mix and named it Watson. They wanted a "famous sidekick" name, (because dogs are faithful friends) and then they decided this guy was both smart and eager to please. (Watson is the quintessential faithful friend.) What's ironic is that the only Sherlock Holmes my brother follows is Elementary.

I think Sherlock and Watson work especially well for names for hounds.

Last edited by SherlocklivesinOH (January 12, 2014 3:49 am)

January 12, 2014 12:03 pm  #2628

SolarSystem wrote:

Apparently this goes double for me because I still don't get. (Though from the comments here I assume it is something naughty.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 12, 2014 12:06 pm  #2629

... when you try to throw Sherlock-related quotes into your every day life as frequently as possible, and then get annoyed because no one realizes what they are.

January 12, 2014 12:09 pm  #2630

Mattlocked wrote:

Well, I wouldn't wear it, but still it's fun!

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw the girlie shirts on the BBC website. Like, if you wore that anywhere other than to a Sherlock fan meeting, what would people be thinking?!

I mean, the shirt is cool and everything, and I'd buy it just for the geek factor if the context just wasn't so ambiguous.

Last edited by TeeJay (January 12, 2014 12:10 pm)

January 12, 2014 12:58 pm  #2631

Ormond Sacker wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Apparently this goes double for me because I still don't get. (Though from the comments here I assume it is something naughty.)

Well... where do girls normally shave? 

And yes, I do think Mark was quite intentional. And is now laughing really hard. 

And even if you don't think of that, it'd still imply that you have a moustache.

January 12, 2014 1:39 pm  #2632

silverblaze wrote:

Ormond Sacker wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

And yes, I do think Mark was quite intentional. And is now laughing really hard. 

And even if you don't think of that, it'd still imply that you have a moustache.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I shave my legs so that would be my  first thoughts if I saw the T-shirt. LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 12, 2014 3:25 pm  #2633

I can think of at least 5 places I would wear that t-shirt.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2014 4:07 pm  #2634

KeepersPrice wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Ormond Sacker wrote:

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I shave my legs so that would be my first thoughts if I saw the T-shirt. LOL!

Exactly, that's what I thought of too. That or armpits. But apparently I am very naïve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 12, 2014 4:40 pm  #2635

Well, this may be TMI but...between armpits and legs there's another place women often shave or...wax...  Though I really don't see what the big deal is about the phrase--it's funny when you first hear it but when you think about it more, it doesn't really make sense.  Not to me, anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 12, 2014 4:42 pm  #2636

A tad embarrassing!
I think it may be that gay men are known to shave ' down there', too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2014 5:54 pm  #2637

Ah there.
You know a woman shaved that way, along with bad hygiene, are probably the only physical turn offs I have. Probably why it didn't occur to me.

Hmmm that may fall into the TMI category too.

Last edited by Ormond Sacker (January 12, 2014 6:04 pm)

January 12, 2014 5:56 pm  #2638

It made me smile!

January 14, 2014 1:11 pm  #2639

Now this is what happened to me today at the supermarket. 

I went to the check-out, put my things on the conveyor belt and a shop assistant told me her colleague would be there in a minute. So I stood there and waited and had some ideas about Mary shooting Sherlock and developed some theories and then … suddenly … I realised my things had disappeared from the belt. 
I turned around and saw the cashier at the other checkout smiling while she proceeded my purchase. And she was lovely because I apologised and she said: "You seemed so dreamy and relaxed we did not want to disturb you." 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 14, 2014 1:23 pm  #2640

Oh that's lovely

Board footera