BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 6:38 pm  #41

Re: The new baddie at the end and why he did it *SPOILERS?*

Ormond Sacker wrote:

John Smythe Watson wrote:

I thought everybody knew that CAM and Moriarty were friends/colleagues/collaborators.

Where did you get this one from?

And even if it's in the original canon that doesn't mean Moffat and Gatiss are going to use him the exact same way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 7, 2014 11:34 am  #42

tonnaree wrote:

Ormond Sacker wrote:

John Smythe Watson wrote:

I thought everybody knew that CAM and Moriarty were friends/colleagues/collaborators.

Where did you get this one from?

And even if it's in the original canon that doesn't mean Moffat and Gatiss are going to use him the exact same way.

Never said they weren't, actually it would be cool if they did. I was just surprised at the blanket statment. Because I didn't know and if it is in the canon I am very interested in where it could be found in that case.

Last edited by Ormond Sacker (January 7, 2014 11:34 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 10, 2014 10:10 am  #43

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but last night I suddenly had to think about Sherlock talking about the "Magic Trick" during the scene on the rooftop in TRF. At the end of TEH we see these weird figurines in CAM's room, one of which is a top hat with a bunny sitting in it, right? That's a magician thing, right?
So, I have no idea if this could mean anything, but I just thought 'oh, interesting'. Could CAM be in any way connected to TRF...?

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 10, 2014 10:11 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 10, 2014 11:16 am  #44

whoa, that is some huge leap

January 10, 2014 11:30 am  #45

Yeah, probably. And probably CAM ist just a fan of unusual interior design...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 10, 2014 2:30 pm  #46

CaM was surrounded by wierd broken toys.. it connects to the clue redbeard.. a toy from Sherlocks childhood that got broken ? Maybe it was cams or sherlocks idk but maybe some past connection....
If so and CaM likes to break toys....Sherlocks favorite toy now is John?
So CaM trying to break John? So what is Johns weakness...... women?
And from the clues seems this CaM has some kinda hold over Mary.
Uh oh.
So revenge over a broken toy.....uh.

Idk but my guesses.

Oh btw.... in TEH hearse as Sherlock runs thru the crowd to get to John in the fire...theres a guy in dark coat/hood filming ...maybe thts the film for
CaM?

Further in TRF...sherlock mentions how easy to blackmail police and looks right at Anderson, I made a post about Anderson/Donovan being blackmailed over the affaire then, could tht of been CaM too?

If so there is the cam/moriarty connection.

Andersons pretty much lost everything now...hasn't he....I wonder why Donovan never lost her job too? And was she setting Lestrade up for a fall with those bankrobbers,,, and Sherlock texted him as a rescue? Pretending to need help @speach... cld all somehow connect.If so Sherlock onto it already......

Last edited by lil (January 10, 2014 3:41 pm)

January 10, 2014 2:40 pm  #47

lil wrote:

CaM was surrounded by wierd broken toys.. it connects to the clue redbeard.. a toy from Sherlocks childhood that got broken ? Maybe it was cams or sherlocks idk but maybe some past connection....
If so and CaM likes to break toys....Sherlocks favorite toy now is John?
So CaM trying to break John? So what is Johns weakness...... women?
And from the clues seems this CaM has some kinda hold over Mary.
Uh oh.
So revenge over a broken toy.....uh.

That's very interesting.  To expand further, could CaM have blackmailed Mary in the past some way related to her family and the orphan thing be a lie; possibly explaining the reason Sherlock deduced liar?  Also, that could tie in with the telegram from CaM regarding Mary's family not being present at the wedding.

January 10, 2014 3:12 pm  #48

Weirdness  @ agreed either Mary is lieing about her identity/family....Or CaM was in the telegram as some kind of warning/reminder/message.
Hard to believe in the coincidende tht both mary and sherlock have past connections to CaM, but seems so and so cam using john to get at both?
I think Mary must be someones sleeper agent that has become compromised...
Maybe her real name was Mary Sue ....,,,

Last edited by lil (January 10, 2014 3:14 pm)

January 11, 2014 1:29 am  #49

lil wrote:

Andersons pretty much lost everything now...hasn't he....I wonder why Donovan never lost her job too? And was she setting Lestrade up for a fall with those bankrobbers,,, and Sherlock texted him as a rescue? Pretending to need help @speach... cld all somehow connect.If so Sherlock onto it already......

Yeah, I wondered why Donovan hadn't lost her job, too.  She doesn't seem to have been affected at all.  Interesting idea about Sherlock saving Lestrade from her.

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (January 11, 2014 1:30 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 11, 2014 4:32 am  #50

I really wante a reaction shot of Donovan when she found out Sherlock was alive.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 11, 2014 8:40 am  #51

Maybe she knew!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2014 10:26 am  #52

Did Donovan actually do anything that would have warranted her losing her job?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2014 11:22 am  #53

Same as Anderson...though Greg actaully references Phillip's 'obsession', so maybe Sally wasn't seen as being that bad.
She seems a bit nicer, so far...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2014 12:35 pm  #54

Ozma wrote:

whoa, that is some huge leap

Well, Mofftiss enjoy to take huge leaps, no?

January 11, 2014 12:38 pm  #55

besleybean wrote:

Same as Anderson...though Greg actaully references Phillip's 'obsession', so maybe Sally wasn't seen as being that bad.
She seems a bit nicer, so far...

Well, Sally didn't form any Sherlock fan club discusion groups.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 11, 2014 12:42 pm  #56

More's the pity!

Board footera