BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2014 1:57 pm  #1

SPOILER FREE: Sherlock series 3 finale: 12 teasers for 'His Last Vow'

Article: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/news/a542713/sherlock-series-3-finale-12-teasers-for-his-last-vow.html

Teaser #1: If the warmer, more human Sherlock in 'The Sign of Three' left you unnerved, fear not: he's as close to stone-cold sociopath as he's ever been for at least 30% of this episode. 

Teaser #2: "Facts are for history books. I work in news." 

Teaser #3: An early scene parallels the very first moments of 'A Study in Pink'.

Teaser #4: We knew that Steven Moffat's script was based on the short story 'Charles Augustus Milverton', but it also draws heavily on elements from 'His Last Bow', the chronologically final Holmes story.

Teaser #5: There is at least one very significant character death.
(My comments: Mary? CAM? The baby?  Both? Share your thoughts.)

Teaser #6: A lot of 'The Sign of Three' will play very differently on a re-watch in light of the events of 'His Last Vow'. 

Teaser #7: "Here be dragons."

Teaser #8: Despite being series three's most plot-heavy episode, 'His Last Vow' is also a character goldmine, delving deep into the psychology of Sherlock and especially John.

Teaser #9: Molly is fierce. 

Teaser #10: You may already have heard whispers of a shocking development in Sherlock's life, but it won't be so shocking to anyone who has read 'Charles Augustus Milverton'.

Teaser #11: "It won't be the first time your habit has interfered with their line dancing." 

Teaser #12: We always knew John Watson was a badass, but here he's given perhaps his most straight-up BAMF moment to date. It's really, really great.

So what do you guys think? I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on Teaser #5...

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

January 10, 2014 4:29 pm  #2

Re: SPOILER FREE: Sherlock series 3 finale: 12 teasers for 'His Last Vow'

scaredscaredscared... 
Significant character death, I'd like it to be a badass, but surely this will be someone we like :[ 
CAM, but then it kinda would be a lost potetntial for hhis character, the same Mary... yet it'd be stick by the canon, though...

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 10, 2014 5:06 pm  #3

If we stick to canon it's most definately CAM. 

January 10, 2014 5:13 pm  #4

Yep, that's why I underlined "at least". Seems to imply that it's equally possible to have more than one...

January 10, 2014 5:17 pm  #5

Depends if they want to do what people expect, or not.

January 10, 2014 5:19 pm  #6

I doubt Moftiss will go down the predictable (and somewhat disappointing) path and only kill off CAM. Afterall, in HoB Stapleton turned out NOT to be the villian. Maybe CAM might die in the next season or a scenario may exist in which both he and Mary die together.

January 10, 2014 8:36 pm  #7

Ah Mofftiss likes to take us by surprise and they know that CAM or Mary's death would be predictable. So maybe it's someone else, like Molly or Lestrade or Mrs Hudson... 

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 10, 2014 8:59 pm  #8

I highly doubt Lestrade or Mrs. Hudson...

January 10, 2014 9:38 pm  #9

silverblaze wrote:

If we stick to canon it's most definately CAM. 

If we stick to canon it's actually the killer thats the surprise.... and almost all of the cast are suspects...the whole thing is set up like a perfect Agatha Christy Mystery!
Any one of them cld have reason to kill him...."Lets play murder?!"

so who dun it?

Anyone?

Last edited by lil (January 10, 2014 9:39 pm)

January 10, 2014 10:05 pm  #10

Obviously John would do the deed! Assuming ofcourse CAM caused Mary's death. It did mention that John will be going into the mission alone and he will use his army experience.

Sherlock: Okay, I think we're done now, John.
John: You want to remember, Sherlock, I was a soldier. I killed people!
Sherlock: You were a doctor!
John: I had bad days!

January 10, 2014 10:08 pm  #11

that poor CAM. He's such a harmless person and yet he gets all the stick.

January 10, 2014 10:13 pm  #12

Heh
No doubt John will say.
...."Well he wasnt a very good man ......and a boody awfull blackmailer

January 11, 2014 12:17 am  #13

After reading the teasers I think maybe John is going to kill someone (maybe to protect Mary?) and Sherlock will take the blame and be arrested for murder

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

January 11, 2014 12:48 am  #14

Yep, someone dying is definitely not a spoiler.

January 11, 2014 10:24 am  #15

Umm.. about teaser #5 i think i just caught glimpse of someone.. a female i guess shot at sherlock. just a doubt i have it might be marry :/
or may be some1 else and may be john shot that person back coz its highly unlikely for sherlock to fake 1 more death n he wont be the one dying..

January 11, 2014 12:42 pm  #16

Someone NOT dying would be a bigger spoiler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2014 2:02 pm  #17

So we can't do much with #5: it's either, CAM, Mary, Molly or Mycroft, or a combination, Lestrade and Mrs Hudson seem less likely, Sherlock and John are wearing 'plot armour'. Let's have a look at 3 and 4. 

3: The war flashback, this is about war.
4: have any of you read His Last Bow? Remember the villain? Von Bork? Remember what he's plotting? This time he's a Danish newspaperman in present times, manipulating public opinion. Magnussen is not just a blackmailer. This is politics. And war. I'm guessing it's big. Very big.

(Sorry, I'm deliberately cryptic for people who haven't read the story and don't like spoilers, even though my speculations may be way off.)

Anyway, the characterisation of Von Bork is very cool too. He's part of the establishment and has made quite a study of the Brits. I'm really looking forward to meet CAM now. 

The other clues: #10 is indeed obvious for people who know the story. What about #6? 

I watched it again with this in mind. There's a weird reaction shot of Tom, somewhere, that could mean something. Mycroft might have had a more valid excuse than first appearance suggests. Sherlock doesn't seem to know CAM but maybe he's acting again? The 'don't get involved' from Mycroft probably mean more than we think. Maybe Mycroft is already plotting with or against CAM and he knows that Mary is somehow involved. Maybe, Sherlock's vow means more too. He swears to protect them, maybe goes against his brother with that. 

I can't wait, I really can't. 

January 11, 2014 3:29 pm  #18

I was wondering if #10 will have something to do with Janine (the bridesmaid). Sherlock was unusually  friendly towards her at the wedding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 11, 2014 4:55 pm  #19

He was nice, almost like a normal person, but he was also helping her with picking people up and dismissive when she said something about sex. And he actually found a guy for her. That's not the behaviour of someone who is trying to pick up a girl. Or it's an elaborate double bluff. 

January 11, 2014 6:06 pm  #20

I think we've seen an evolution of both John and Sherlock this series...in the first two series, it was also John who needed Sherlock more, but in this series it is Sherlock who needs John more than John needs him.  It's interesting to see the dynamic played like this, as it has come with a huge change in Sherlock's character.  He acts more 'human' now, and as we've seen, he actually has started to cherish his emotions for others, whereas before, he found them simply to be an annoyance.  John, on the other hand, is caught between two lives, and is starting down a path separate from Sherlock.  I think it's important to show this because, in the end, you end up achieving a balanced relationship between the two, built on mutual love and respect for one another.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

Board footera