BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2012 9:02 am  #1

MEMBERS POLL: What's your age?

Hello everyone. I'm making this poll just to have an idea of the age range of the users of this forum. Obviously, there's no need to reveal anything you don't want to and of course, you don't have to leave here any kind of message, just vote in your age range.

I'd like one of our moderators or the boss to pin this topic in the upper part of the section if that's OK. This way, everyone can see it and it won't get lost.
So let's go:

What is your age?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 14, 2012 1:58 pm  #2

Re: MEMBERS POLL: What's your age?

We should maybe get a gender poll going too. I've a slight suspicion that there might be a slight lead in the female category at this point in time.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 14, 2012 2:20 pm  #3

Can we put the age we feel rather than the age we are?(only kiddin'). I actually feel about 20 years younger than my birth certificate says I am. How did I get so old? People treat me like a grownup, but inside my mind, I'm not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 2:34 pm  #4

I'm positively surprised to see that (at the moment at least) majority of the voters are over 30 years of age. This is refreshing because many message boards I'm active in (which aren't that many) majority of the users are 18-23 years old. Glad to see we have people here who have seen more life and hopefully will put out civil and smart comments for me to read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 14, 2012 2:44 pm  #5

Maybe that's why we don't fight, we are too old for that shit (to quote Danny Glover in Leathal Weapon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 3:20 pm  #6

That's good to hear Mr.Murtaugh cause I hate that internet squabble, trolling, flaming, fighting crap that has polluted so many internet forums. I like to discuss about stuff and put my energy on the matters at hand and not on the side stuff like fighting with others. I'm too old for that - shh - myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 14, 2012 3:42 pm  #7

That's Ms Murtaugh to you, buddy 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 3:51 pm  #8

Sorry about that, miss. You can call me Ms. Riggs if you feel like it but for one time only. Now use it wisely. Then we're even. It's difficult to know who's a girl and who's a boy when you're a newbie on a board, you know. It kind of sucks but it's funny at the same time.

June 14, 2012 5:33 pm  #9

I was going to suggest you look at the Benedict Cumberbatch thread to work out who some of the female members of this forum are but...even that's not infallible I guess. Be warned if you do...there's a LOT of female hormones racing about all over the place! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 5:55 pm  #10

Yeah, we should definitely do a Male/Female poll too....I think there's a lot of girls in this fandom at the moment...Weird really because Sherlock Holmes used to be mainly for guys...I think it's the Benedict effect.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 6:00 pm  #11

I think there might be so many ladies in here because maybe the "smart is the new sexy" is true in some amount. I hope it's true. Still doesn't help me though.

June 15, 2012 3:27 am  #12

Okay, I voted. Now I'm dying to know who's in which category...

(and don't let kazza's frequent comments fool you--even though she calls herself "old", there are at least a couple brackets below hers...) 

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 16, 2012 12:07 am  #13

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, we should definitely do a Male/Female poll too....I think there's a lot of girls in this fandom at the moment...Weird really because Sherlock Holmes used to be mainly for guys...I think it's the Benedict effect.

Mmmm, I think it's the Johnlock effect. Mmmmm.

June 16, 2012 12:16 am  #14

ancientsgate wrote:

Really?
Why? What is so appealing about that?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 12:18 am  #15

Looks like I'm in minority here, it's surprising. but in a really good way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 16, 2012 12:58 am  #16

Hm, interesting!
We should get ourselves a 70+ member.

It's curious that the people here are mostly older. I guess it's because it's "just" a good ol' fan forum and not something like tumblr which still is kinda new (well..) and dominated by young folk.
But, as you pointed out, this might be the reason it's so calm and relaxed here! (which is very nice!)

Who shares the first category with me?
Molly, you there? And who else? 

June 16, 2012 1:01 am  #17

Might be better that we don't know; they may wish to keep that private.

I know I am always concerned when young people tell their age online.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 1:08 am  #18

I am 56 but I still look damn good and can still bring it

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 16, 2012 1:13 am  #19

You bring it, girlfriend.

There's only one board I'm active in where I've seen even a single person over 50. I'm sure after The Hobbit gets its release and younger kids learn more about Freeman, they'll discover the Sherlock series and that path leads them here.

June 16, 2012 1:16 am  #20

kazza474 wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Really?
Why? What is so appealing about that?

Mmmm, appealing to me. I realize it might not be everyone's cuppa. *shrug* I don't need or want to see Johnlock on the screen-- in fact, I prefer it to stay in the fan fiction arena, where those who want it can write it and read it, and those who don't, don't have to. But... appealing to me, yes.

Board footera