BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2014 5:11 pm  #2261

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Hera wrote:

I really can't see John, Mary and a baby. John and Mary could be alright for a while, although I do hope that they won't keep her forever. If they really do have the baby and the show's still good, then I award Mofftiss my personal Oscar, because that just doesn't seem possible.

The problem is that they do pull stunts like that. I never believed the reunion scene would work so well, and I was convinced that the best man speech would be terrible, but both scenes were great. If they do that I'd still tune in with complete trust that they can make it work. 

January 10, 2014 5:14 pm  #2262

silverblaze wrote:

The problem is that they do pull stunts like that. I never believed the reunion scene would work so well, and I was convinced that the best man speech would be terrible, but both scenes were great. If they do that I'd still tune in with complete trust that they can make it work. 

You're right. Up until now they've always done a better job than I hoped even in my wildest dreams.

January 10, 2014 5:15 pm  #2263

OK, may I do some speculations? (I hope you don’t throw me out of the forum afterwards, please.)
Who will die in HLV? Many reviews said HLV is not what we expect. We all (or most of us) expect Mary to die. So I don't think she will (not yet, maybe next series?).

I don't want it, I really don't want it, but I think, Mycroft will be the one that die.

- Mark can quite with his role as Mycroft without tearing the Sherlock-family apart. He will still be part of the series as writer/producer (or even as Mycroft in Sherlock's mind palace).
- I recently read somewhere that Steven wants to reduce his production-tasks at Sherlock due to his other producer-job (Doctor Who). Main producers of the show should be Mark and Sue then. So Mark will have some more duties in the next series.
- The canon story 'His last bow' is the farewell of Holmes. And so HLV would also be the final bow of a Holmes (but Mycroft instead of Sherlock).
- Loosing his brother will have a huge impact on Sherlock and therefore provide plot for further character developement - more then any other death (except of John, of course) would have.

As I said, I don't want it happen! But that's my guess.

I'm not sure how the story might go, but I suppose, the plot developes to a point where Sherlock is ready to sacrifice himself to protect John and Mary (as he vowed). To protect his little brother, Mycroft sacrifices himself because he knows how important John is for Sherlock.

P.S.: I know it is far fetched but talking about Red Beard: Have you ever seen photos from Mark when he hasn't shaved for a while?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 10, 2014 5:15 pm  #2264

Ozma wrote:

Hera wrote:

I love you guys, too. I wouldn't survive the next few days without you!   ... By the way, not that I don't like Mary or Amanda - I think Amanda's Mary is the best possible Mary - but I love John and Sherlock together. I want a love story with John and Sherlock (not sexually, just bromance) and - if John isn't a horrible father, which I certainly don't hope - that's not possible with family.

Are you sure you're not actually me??

No, but it's makes anxious that you found parts of the episode dreadful. Can you still see a bromance-future?

January 10, 2014 5:19 pm  #2265

Sherlock loves John to death, is all I have to say.

This said, I do still feel like I need a really good fat cry.

January 10, 2014 5:28 pm  #2266

stoertebeker wrote:

I don't want it, I really don't want it, but I think, Mycroft will be the one that die.

- Mark can quite with his role as Mycroft without tearing the Sherlock-family apart. He will still be part of the series as writer/producer (or even as Mycroft in Sherlock's mind palace).
- I recently read somewhere that Steven wants to reduce his production-tasks at Sherlock due to his other producer-job (Doctor Who). Main producers of the show should be Mark and Sue then. So Mark will have some more duties in the next series.
- The canon story 'His last bow' is the farewell of Holmes. And so HLV would also be the final bow of a Holmes (but Mycroft instead of Sherlock).
- Loosing his brother will have a huge impact on Sherlock and therefore provide plot for further character developement - more then any other death (except of John, of course) would have.

This is really scary but it makes so much sense. It would also explain so many Sherlock-Mycroft scenes in TEH and SoT. I'm really afraid now.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

January 10, 2014 5:35 pm  #2267

Ozma wrote:

Oh god, I'm crying already 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 10, 2014 5:37 pm  #2268

Ozma wrote:

It's okay, I think the trauma will be over soon!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 10, 2014 6:34 pm  #2269

Ozma wrote:

... and does John love Sherlock back?

January 10, 2014 6:39 pm  #2270

Hera wrote:

Ozma wrote:

I haven't seen HLV, but I'm sure John loves him (he said so in TSoT) ...whether he shows it in the same way or not.

January 10, 2014 6:41 pm  #2271

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Hera wrote:

Ozma wrote:

I haven't seen HLV, but I'm sure John loves him (he said so in TSoT) ...whether he shows it in the same way or not.

You're absolutely right. I don't know why I'm freaking out like this.

Last edited by Hera (January 10, 2014 6:42 pm)

January 10, 2014 6:42 pm  #2272

I know perfectly well why I'm feaking out, cos I've worked out a scenario and it ain't pretty...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2014 6:44 pm  #2273

besleybean wrote:

I know perfectly well why I'm feaking out, cos I've worked out a scenario and it ain't pretty...

I've just begun to calm down ... and now this! I don't know what to do.

January 10, 2014 6:49 pm  #2274

Hera wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I've just begun to calm down ... and now this! I don't know what to do.

Oh I can definitely empathize with that, I keep going from "Ok, I'm ok now, just needed some reassurance" to seeing something and then freaking out! *loses mind* I don't know how I'll survive until Sunday.... 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (January 10, 2014 6:49 pm)

January 10, 2014 6:50 pm  #2275

besleybean wrote:

Don't freak out!  I guarantee you, you couldn't dream up the scenarios that happen in this episode, but that doesn't mean it's something awful.  There are lots of thrills and shocking moments, but they aren't anything to be afraid of, really.  Just try to pause your imagination for a while  You'll see when it comes time.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

January 10, 2014 6:53 pm  #2276

To be fair to us, everybody(including on Twitter) seems to have been doing their level best to get us wound up to snapping point...
Although I have now thought of a slightly less drastic scenario...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2014 6:58 pm  #2277

besleybean wrote:

To be fair to us, everybody(including on Twitter) seems to have been doing their level best to get us wound up to snapping point...
Although I have now thought of a slightly less drastic scenario...

That is true, and I don't really agree with it.  But some people like the drama...as if there's not enough in the episode itself XD  I won't lie, there ARE shocking moments...but I doubt almost anyone would be able to come up with them, even if they let their imagination run wild.  I would suggest people read the story of Milverton before watching the episode, though...it's very important.  And it might help ease some tension.

January 10, 2014 7:07 pm  #2278

I've read the story. And I hope that the BAMF posh lady at the end will be Mary in this version. 

January 10, 2014 7:21 pm  #2279

New clips and pictures for HLV up on the interactive trailer site for those who haven't seen:

http://www.wirewax.com/sherlock

January 10, 2014 7:28 pm  #2280

This probably won't help anyone's nerves, but awesome picture:

Last edited by sj4iy (January 10, 2014 7:29 pm)

Board footera