BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 29, 2012 3:44 am  #1

Funny car sign

If you haven't heard the commentary yet, you would miss this!

Remember the guy who has the car rental place? Here's what the commentary says about it. (You really have to see the scene to see how funny it is too)

Mark: “People often ask, don’t they, for funny anecdotes ..
Benedict: “Shall we talk about the sign?
Mark: “Yeah.
(Benedict starts to giggle.)
Mark: “Janus Cars is obviously a crucial clue. When we turned up on this excellently dressed real car forecourt ...
(By now, Benedict is apparently burying his giggles behind his hands clapped over his mouth.)
Mark: “... the beautiful design [of the Janus Cars sign] ... the ‘J’ and the ‘C’ are facing away from each other like double faces, it’s all right. But it was very thin. All you could see was ‘ANUS ARS’ and it was an emergency thing to thicken the lettering

Last edited by kazza474 (February 29, 2012 3:46 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 29, 2012 6:55 am  #2

Re: Funny car sign

I have to see that scene again now XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 29, 2012 7:14 am  #3

Its on here, at the one minute mark, but you will have to look quick or stop the video

I must learn how to post pics here, lol

Last edited by kazza474 (June 14, 2012 10:34 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 29, 2012 1:38 pm  #4

That's funny!!

BTW, to post pics do [img]LINK TO PIC ONLINE[/img]...(to find the link to an image say if you're looking on Google Images, right click on the image then go to properties, it'll come up with a little box, highlight and copy the bit that says "address (URL)")...

Example:
This is a link to a picture I found of Benedict on Google Images - http://whosjack.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/15-cumber415.jpeg - which I'll now put in between the [img][/img] thing and hopefully it will come up with a nice picture for you all to ogle at...

Yay, it worked!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 10:22 am  #5

Ceto wrote:

I have to see that scene again now XD

Haha, me too. Never even bothered to look at the sign when they said it has 2 faces.

Board footera