BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2014 10:25 am  #1

Antheaheory about Anthea

Hey guys. I've got a theory about Anthea.

I think she suffers from amnesia, and has only a few minutes of memory, just like the guy in the movie Memento.

In the first season, she looks disconnected from reality, always on her phone, taking notes all the time. When she sees John again after they solved the case, she doesn't seem to remember him, and when Mycroft ask her to activate a new step in the surveillance program on Sherlock and John, she says "sorry, who?", even if it seems obvious. The phone might be helpful to stay informed of who she is, where and when.

It can be a enormous advantage for Mycroft; because even if she's aware of secret plans, she won't remember very long.

I know this is a little bit adventurous, did you notice it too?
PS: sorry for my english...

Last edited by Umbrella (January 9, 2014 10:26 am)

January 9, 2014 11:02 am  #2

Re: Antheaheory about Anthea

I am not sure Anthea has that big of a role in things for her character to be that developed. Sorry.

January 9, 2014 1:30 pm  #3

Nah, she was just distracted by her phone. 

January 9, 2014 4:08 pm  #4

Okay then, I was just seeing things where there's nothing xD

January 9, 2014 4:43 pm  #5

Anthea is just occupied with other stuff and not the least interested in John, my two cents 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 12, 2014 7:24 pm  #6

Mycroft is the British government, but Anthea runs the government from her phone.

January 16, 2014 2:31 am  #7

She also delivers freshly pressed coats to ex-cons (Sherlock)

January 16, 2014 3:52 am  #8

Given that she was the one who delivered John to Irene and called her saying "He's on his way and you were right he thinks he's meeting mycroft", Is it possible she wa texting with Irene all along? Irene likes women... Anthea or whatever her name really is had no interest in John...perhaps has no interest in any men,.....just a theory.

"I am Lost without my Blogger!"

January 16, 2014 7:04 am  #9

The woman who delivers John to Irene is not Anthea. It's a different woman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera