BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2012 5:56 pm  #1

Edward Scissorhands

I am just about to watch Edward Scissorhands. It is one of my favourite films and tells us so much, I feel, about how people treat those who are different. It is also similar to Frankenstein, so a link to BC there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 4, 2012 6:34 pm  #2

Re: Edward Scissorhands

It's one of my favourite's too but I don't watch it very often, I get far too emo! ;)

May 4, 2012 9:54 pm  #3

It's so sad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 13, 2012 11:12 pm  #4

Great movie. Maybe Burton's finest film to date. There's a lot of Buster Keaton in Depp's performance and he showed even more Keatonesque moves a couple years later in "Benny & Joon". I love the way this movie has it all. Comedy, fantasy, silent film and tragedy. It makes you laugh and it makes you sad. I think Depp plays Edward so well that he really doesn't need much dialogue. His face and gestures say so much. My favorite scene is where Ed accidentally punctures the water bed with one of his scissors. So funny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 14, 2012 6:09 am  #5

That and when he is trying to eat the dinner! I love the hair cutting scene as well. jD recalls being violently sick after running up and down the street countless times in 'that suit' when they were filming. It's a real modern fairy tale.

Board footera