BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2014 11:08 pm  #1

Moran's Motive??

Another thing I didn't particularly like about this episode was the fact that it wasn't wrapped up at the end, it wasn't a complete case. Every single other episode so far (apart from the ends of the series) have had complete storylines - ASIP, TBB, ASIB, THOB.

I understand that they're doing a Magnussen story arc but the previous two series had a Moriarty story arc and they still managed to complete the cases within each episode.

So, what was Moran's motive for blowing up Parliament? Anyone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2014 6:59 am  #2

Re: Moran's Motive??

In this instance I think it was mentioned that Moran was a Peer of the Realm it would be ironic if a Blackmailer could get the head of Terrorist Prevention lot to blow up the anti-terrorism debate. Enter CAM. Perhaps the guy was coincidentally called Moran to parody The Empty House plot to kill Sherlock.

I know it was very subtle and that its supposed to be there anyway. But all of the surveillamce cameras on the underground had CAMs initials glaring in the top left hand corner, and it was after all an Underground terrorist plot and not a plot of Underground Terrorists. It would be crazy if CAM was only interested in watching John get burned in a bonfire and he had an awful lot of monitors for such a relatively small incident, compared to Moran who only had a small portable setup to nlow up the Houses Of Parliament.

John Smythe-Watson
There is no such thing as a perfect crime. Everything can be solved in Time.
The Time Detective

January 4, 2014 8:08 am  #3

To me, the train case was solved but the Bonfire incident (the new baddie) was an open end, just like Moriarty in the other episodes.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 7, 2014 6:54 pm  #4

So it seems Sebastian Moran won't play a role in Sherlock, at least not as villian.

For anyone who doesn't know, Ian Hallard is Mark Gatiss' husband.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 7, 2014 8:07 pm  #5

I have another Moran related question, what was he doing on the train in the furst place? I mean if this is supposed to be a network shouldn't it be someone slightly less prominent, and therefore noticable, who does the redirecting or the car and subsequently stuffs it with explosives? If Moran is working alone where did he learn to rig a bomb? Google. And in that case why wasn't he caught by NSA/Mycroft whoever?

As for why, no idea. Sherlock said that he worked for North Korea, but they are generally uninterested in the West, more likely to cook up a plot to bomb the government in Beijing if you ask me. So flat out of theories on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 7, 2014 11:18 pm  #6

Wait, was it Ian playing Moran?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 8, 2014 6:16 pm  #7

Wholocked wrote:

Wait, was it Ian playing Moran?

No

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 8, 2014 6:42 pm  #8

I agree with Mark Gatiss, that Moran is a very uninteresting villain, but I expected, that, like in canon, SOMEONE, who was at the scene of the fall, witnessed Sherlock's survival, or deduced it.

Board footera