BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2012 5:42 pm  #1

Camera work and road signs

Has anyone else noticed the brilliant camerawork through out this episode? Also the use of road signs, traffic signals and moving road shots throughout the chase scene? Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 3, 2012 6:46 pm  #2

Re: Camera work and road signs

Yeah, I love that bit - Sherlock's mind has its own map of London. I really wish I could do that...I'd get totally lost without my Sat Nav.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 3, 2012 7:17 pm  #3

What about the red and green man lights when John stops on the roof and then jumps across? Good eh!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 3, 2012 11:08 pm  #4

Those ideas were Paul McGuigan's : The brilliant Director

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 4, 2012 9:49 pm  #5

The man is an actual genius!

March 5, 2012 5:04 am  #6

Funnily enough, it was his first venture into a movie length show. He's used to doing straight 50 minutes of TV shows. I posted an interview of his somewhere.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 14, 2012 7:55 am  #7

Davina wrote:

What about the red and green man lights when John stops on the roof and then jumps across? Good eh!

I LOLed at this part, also because the music stopped when John hesitated then started again when he was finally able to jump across. So funny

June 14, 2012 9:53 am  #8

Yeah, the music fits it so well. I have it as my ringtone actually. It makes me want to start running everytime someone rings me.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera