BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2012 1:11 am  #1

Hello there!

Hey~

My name is Sarah, I'm not really new to the fandom of Sherlock, but this is the first time I'm actually craving more of the series....both of the main actors are played amazingly, and I totally ship them together x3 (sorry if this offends anyone, just my opinion) so again, hello, I'm Sarah, and I look forward to talking to you all! ^_^ See you around!

June 14, 2012 1:22 am  #2

Re: Hello there!

Welcome, Sarah.  I'm rather new here but I've found that there is a wide variety of opinion expressed here.  There's room for all! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 14, 2012 1:25 am  #3

Welcome S.E!.  Shippers, Johnlockers, bromancers, ACD canon worshipers, Cumberbatchers....it's all fine.  I just joined a few days ago and I've been having a ball discovering the different threads.  You will too.  The people on this Forum are great.  We all have to stick together to keep our sanity until the next series  .  Glad you're here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 14, 2012 1:26 am  #4

Hi, Sarah,
Welcome. You didn't offend me because I don't understand what that means. If it means you are hot for both of them, I totally get it.
Anyway, you'll have fun here.

June 14, 2012 1:36 am  #5

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Welcome, Sarah.  I'm rather new here but I've found that there is a wide variety of opinion expressed here.  There's room for all! 

I'm glad I'm not the only new person here x3
And that's great! I was talking to someone on another site a while ago who was very rude because I shipped johnxsherlock :c

@Keepersprice: Thank you! I agree! I just finished watching the Fall yesterday..so many feels! I'm devastated that we have to wait until NEXT YEAR to see series 3 Dx

@veecee: Thank you Ahahaha, I just mean I like them as a couple x3 they're so cute!! I hope I will, I need more sherlockians to communicate with, which is basically why I joined this forums ^_^

June 14, 2012 5:35 am  #6

Welcome to the forum SE. I hope you have a great time aboard the good 'ship' Sherlock. We are a happy crew here. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 5:45 am  #7

Welcome to our little world of Sherlock!!  Yeah  there's so many topics/threads for you to play in here.   How ELSE  are we gonna survive until the 3rd series?  I  don't mind the shipping,  or the bromance talk..  As you post more, you'll notice a new title under your name.   I'm having so much fun posting due to that reason.    welcome again!!!     

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 14, 2012 5:45 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 14, 2012 8:31 am  #8

Hey S.E and welcome to the forum...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 15, 2012 3:03 am  #9

@Davina: Thank you! I hope so as well It seems like a great place to be, so I'm glad to be here ^_^

@sherlockskitty: Thank you! I know, right?!?!?! I wish they could speed it up for us Sherlockians :c but of course, they need to take their time making the series perfect haha :3 Yay! I'm glad people are so open-minded here ^_^ I noticed xD I am now: Wrong! xDD Having fun with that, thank you for pointing it out ^_^

@Sherlock Holmes: Hello, and thank you! I hope to have a great time here ^_^

June 15, 2012 3:41 am  #10

Sarah,

We are definitely of two different generations, 'cause I don't have a clue what all that x3 xD, etc. stuff is. And I didn't know what "ship" you were talking about either, but I think I sorted that one. I think. But don't worry; we all just nod our heads like we understand each other, whether we do or not.

Anyway, welcome. Have fun!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 15, 2012 5:20 am  #11

veecee wrote:

Hi, Sarah,
Welcome. You didn't offend me because I don't understand what that means. If it means you are hot for both of them, I totally get it.
Anyway, you'll have fun here.

*smile*  It means Sarah likes to (prefers to?) think of Sherlock and John as a couple, in a romantic relationship.  Relation...ship.  Get it?  heh

In my last two fandoms, romance between two people of the same gender was called slash. There was M/M slash and F/F slash. If someone was into ship, they were into reading and writing about M/F relationships. I'm wondering if the Sherlock fandom doesn't use the slash word. Anyone know?

June 15, 2012 7:36 am  #12

Hi  Sarah,

I am new here to, pleased to meet you.
I personally prefer to think of John and Sherlock as friends (slightly co-dependent, and definitely odd, but friends nonetheless), but I must admit I enjoy some of the "ship" fan-vids out there. If it's well done, it can be very entertaining.
And, like you say, we have to keep ourselves occupied somehow until S3 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

June 15, 2012 6:49 pm  #13

Hello Sarah!
Uhh, a Johnlocker (me too, hehe). Where do you come from? If you don't mind answering..

@hypergreenfrog:
Yes, slash is generally used for homosexual ships, so also in the Sherlock community. There are indeed a lot of people using the word but I guess - since quite everybody knows who people are talking about - it's more often that the names of the characters are used. Like Johnlock or Mystrade.

June 15, 2012 7:09 pm  #14

I said this somewhere else, too, but I believe (and prefer) John to be straight and Sherlock -- who knows? I don't want to know. I prefer the mystery. And their relationship is delightful the way it is.

June 15, 2012 7:22 pm  #15

I like the mystery about them as well but their friendship is very, very special. Even Irene hints at love when mentioning the punch in the face. I think all this fandom and fan fiction code is hard to understand. It took me a while until I found out what slash meant. This forum is much fun and I'm very happy to be part of this delightful bunch. Feel free to express your opinions  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2012 12:33 am  #16

Slash is the term I am familiar with from the other fandom I play in.  I googled ship and, well, yeah, it must be a generational thing.  As a fanfic writer--though not, yet, for Sherlock--I write the characters both ways in my other fandom but here, while I love the phrase Johnlock, I think I prefer to think of Sherlock and John as not a romantically involved couple.  But if it's well-written, I'll definitely read slash about them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 16, 2012 1:12 am  #17

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Slash is the term I am familiar with from the other fandom I play in.  I googled ship and, well, yeah, it must be a generational thing.  As a fanfic writer--though not, yet, for Sherlock--I write the characters both ways in my other fandom but here, while I love the phrase Johnlock, I think I prefer to think of Sherlock and John as not a romantically involved couple.  But if it's well-written, I'll definitely read slash about them.

Have you read Madlori's "Performance in a Leading Role"?  It's an AU, novel-length, S/J as very accomplished and well-known actors. Lovely work. But definitely slash, romance, forever-ness, the whole 9 yards. If you want to see it, she has it up at fanfiction.net and perhaps AO3.

June 16, 2012 1:41 am  #18

Welcome to the forum = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 16, 2012 2:01 am  #19

@Tantalus: ahahaha, they're basically just smileys...I have a habit of overusing them, my apologies ^_^ and thank you! I'm glad to be here

@hypergreenfrog: I'm glad I'm not the only one! haha x3 Pleased to meet you as well I also do think that would be the way I looked at them if I wasn't already so into making them a couple xD I love their friendship as well, it's quite interesting. I agree! I love reading the fanfics more, for some reason, I guess it's because I've always been better at making them a couple with the fanfics, since there's no editing, it's just emotions <3

@Sammy: Hey! I'm glad I'm not the only one o; and I am from Florida How about you? (if you don't mind my asking)

@veecee: I actually like some parts of that, but since I ship them, I start thinking it's one-sided from Sherlock, which messes up the whole friends thing xD I suck at making them just friends, but I respect that others can leave it at that c:

Actually, in the ACD canon, I prefer them to be friends, I think it's just the casting for me that makes me think 'COUPLE!" hehe

@SusiGo: I know what you mean! I was completely confused with some of the wordings used before, but now that I know what they mean, they've become like a second language to me xD
I adore their friendship, but for me, it doesn't seem like enough in this series, I for one would love to see if the "modern" Sherlock could actually go into the the whole "gay" theme, it would be interesting to see... xD
Thank you!

@Milkomeda: Thank you!

Last edited by Silent.Ecstasy (June 16, 2012 2:03 am)

Board footera