BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2012 7:57 pm  #1

Big Bang Theory

Anyone else enjoy this programme? One of the few that make me laugh out loud.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2012 8:40 pm  #2

Re: Big Bang Theory

I enjoy the IT crowd, kind of similar but 10x as funny (In my opinion...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 17, 2012 8:53 pm  #3

I love Big Bang, Davina. I've been watching it since it first aired and I laugh out loud a lot too.
In fact, when I started watching Sherlock, I couldn't stop thinking on all the similarities with Sheldon (and not only in the first three characters of their names  )

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 17, 2012 9:20 pm  #4

They definitely have similarities in their characters. I loved the first ever episode of The Big Bang all that stuff about the folding chairs. I really enjoyed the episode with Leonard Nimoy that has just been shown here.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2012 9:23 pm  #5

Oh! And I've just watched the episode with Steven Hawking in it. Which was a bit weird because I watched Hawking immediately before it with Benedict in it.

May 17, 2012 9:29 pm  #6

I love TBBT! Sooo funny 

May 17, 2012 9:47 pm  #7

The Nimoy episode was great... I laughed soooo much 

Behie, I see you're Spanish... I'm not alone anymore!!! 

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 26, 2012 2:10 am  #8

I love it too : ) and the episode with Nimoy and the tiny Spock was hilarious !
I love Sheldon, I think I have a little something for genius sociopath...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

May 28, 2012 4:58 pm  #9

Geeklove!

June 13, 2012 8:50 pm  #10

It took me a season or two to warm up to this show but in the end I fell in love with it. What can a grown man do. It has everything a videogame/comic book/sci-fi enthusiast (nerd) like me would love. A hot next door neighbour, a know-it-all who's like the Spock of sitcoms, the little kid from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation who's lactose-intolerant like myself, the funny indian guy, the funny jewish guy with damn tight pants, lots of comic book/superhero references and science stuff I understand nothing about. Great show, I love TBBT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 14, 2012 7:08 pm  #11

Oh yes, I love the Big Bang Theory
I'm such a nerd myself, I can identify quite good with it

Although, it's weird...
I feel like one part of the viewership are the more clever and a bit nerdy ones who, like, get all the jokes and stuff.
And the other part are the ones who are  - excuse me - rather dumb and just laugh at those "weird nerds".

June 14, 2012 7:16 pm  #12

Well I get the popular culture jokes, but if there's a joke in a formula, chemical composition or a math solution, then I'm out. So which part am I part of?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 27, 2012 5:26 am  #13

I love Howard's clothing, reminds me of the Brady Bunch. His mum dresses him like she would have when he was a little kid, I wonder where she finds the clothes, secondhand and charity stores maybe? (Actually, that's where I get a lot of my clothes!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 19, 2012 9:29 pm  #14

I love the fact that Howard's mother is never seen but is only a screeching off-screen voice.

I am watching the Penny and Sheldon Star Trek scene at the moment. Hilarious!

August 19, 2012 10:55 pm  #15

Dramagod, I would say you are the first category
You know, it's just... like one part of the viewership mostly laughs about Penny (and her boyfriends), the other one about Leonard and the "gang".  ;)

Yes, Howard's mum is priceless 
It actually took me some time to notice that we never really see her, haha...

October 7, 2012 5:11 pm  #16

I had to watch it, as my work colleague kept calling me Sheldon.
I love it!

Last edited by besleybean (October 8, 2012 7:28 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 8, 2012 12:42 am  #17

One of my favorite shows! New season just started here, yay

Molly - I LOVE the IT Crowd.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

November 4, 2012 1:32 am  #18

This is one of the shows that I watch religiously. It makes me laugh out loud and it hasn't lost any of its charm, even though it's grown and changed. Jim Parsons is just genius as Sheldon. And, now he's dating Blossom, what more could you ask for? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 1, 2012 7:25 pm  #19

Oh I LOVE The Big bang theory! Sheldon and the Gang!
I always sing my mom Soft Kitty when she's ill
I always take the locker Nr. 73 in PE
I always knock three times, say a name, knock three times, say a name, knock three times and say a name.
And much more!
I like it almost as much as Sherlock and that means something! (Ok no... sherlock is ahead quite some way...)
but I need to laugh now and then (to depressed after TRF) and BBT is like the best way to do so.

December 2, 2012 12:50 am  #20

Last episode was hilarious. I think Bernadette and Amy are one of the best things ever happened to TBBT

Board footera