BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2014 2:56 pm  #1

Denofgeek review

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2014 3:29 pm  #2

Re: Denofgeek review

I think the problem with the internet is that reaction has become much more intensified and instant.  The moment people stop watching it, they are off to forums, twitter or blogs to relase their immediate reviews of it.  There's no time to rewatch or reflect on anything.  Every sub-par episode is construed as 'The show has gone off the rails and is never going to be good again!!" by the 'fans' and even the good and great episodes get nitpicked to death these days.  TBH...it seems that many people can't just enjoy it for what it is...a tv show.  They've devoted their life to it and if the show does something they don't like, they feel betrayed.  A show can't be complicated, because that 'alienates' casual viewers, and it can't be simple because that 'alienates' the long time fans.

In short, I agree with the producers...just make the show you want to make and let the fandom sort itself out.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

Board footera