BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2012 7:55 am  #41

Re: Favourite Quote?

"Yes, thank you for your input." Closing the door in Anderson's face. Just love it.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 13, 2012 10:33 am  #42

"You're not haunted by the war, Dr Watson. You miss it."

That one really sends chills up my spine the way Mark Gatiss delivers it!

June 13, 2012 6:14 pm  #43

If we're talking about delivery of a line, I love the way Sherlock answers when John asks if he likes the blog.

Uhm...no.

June 13, 2012 10:37 pm  #44

Rosey wrote:

"You're not haunted by the war, Dr Watson. You miss it."

That one really sends chills up my spine the way Mark Gatiss delivers it!

Agreed Rosey!  I got the same chills.  Gatiss really knows how to deliver.

One of my favorites: John's line to Irene: "I'm not actually gay."

I get a kick out of that qualifier word "actually" and it's place within his sentence.  Hmm....not quite finalized, John?  You couldn't say, "Actually, I'm not gay".  What's going on with that? Sexual identity getting just a bit blurry around the edges in a way you never thought about perhaps?  Poor baby.....don't worry, the writers and the fans will figure out ways to add to your confusion 

Oh I'm being wicked today......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 13, 2012 10:42 pm  #45

I love how Gatiss delivers his lines as Mycroft. Apart from the ones you quote, I specially like the last one I proposed in the hangman game:

"He's always been so resentful..."

And also his "How would you know?" and "For God's sake! Put your clothes on!" in Buckingham Palace

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 14, 2012 8:49 am  #46

SH: Brilliant Anderson.
Anderson: Really?
SH: Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 6:15 pm  #47

When a Brit writes "erm" or "ehrm," or something like that, it's the same as American "um," yes?

June 14, 2012 6:35 pm  #48

Erm yes! Lol. But we do 'um' too, quite a lot actually!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 6:41 pm  #49

Sherlock: I'm not the Commonwealth.
John: And that's as modest as he gets. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2012 7:19 pm  #50

Davina wrote:

Erm yes! Lol. But we do 'um' too, quite a lot actually!

Erm... thanks!

June 14, 2012 8:05 pm  #51

Um...that's ok.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 15, 2012 5:27 am  #52

Not a fave quote of mine, but whenever that lady cop who works with Lestrade calls Sherlock "Freak," I kind of want to slap her. Seriously. Where does she get off??

As for favorite lines, I can't get over the scene at the gravestone, when John asks Sherlock for "one more miracle, for me, Sherlock... Don't. Be. Dead." And then he goes on to tell him, "Just stop this. Stop it." *snivel*

October 9, 2012 3:55 am  #53

I like all of them. I particularly like the part about the brain being one's hard drive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 10, 2012 5:07 pm  #54

i couldn't find this anywhere so thought i might as well do it sorry if there's one here already

my favorite quote at the moment

"all lives end all hearts are broken caring is not an avantage sherlock" mycroft homes
i seem to of said that like 20 times today

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all lifes end all hearts are broken caring is not an avantage sherlock

December 10, 2012 5:18 pm  #55

"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Maybe a little corny, but it's said so intesnely, and it leaves you wondering once again just how sentimental is he, and exactly how far would he be willing to go to protect the people he loves.

Last edited by Jayie (December 10, 2012 5:18 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 10, 2012 5:20 pm  #56

Jayie wrote:

"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Maybe a little corny, but it's said so intesnely, and it leaves you wondering once again just how sentimental is he, and exactly how far would he be willing to go to protect the people he loves.

i liked this too also the way he says it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2012 5:21 pm  #57

"Listen, what I said before, John, I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

December 10, 2012 5:25 pm  #58

SusiGo wrote:

"Listen, what I said before, John, I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

this is probably how im feeling at the moment as i seem to be loseing me friends (this might be as i started talking about sherlock constantly)

December 10, 2012 5:28 pm  #59

"Nobody could fake being such an annoying dick all the time."

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 10, 2012 5:34 pm  #60

I just love that scene!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera