BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 8:08 am  #41

Re: Who else is nervous/scared about His Last Vow?

I have heard many theories - 3 in particular:

1- that's Sherlock's hand, and he got hurt somehow by or through Magnussen
2- that's Sherlock's hand, and he is in a hospital because he relapsed
3- that's Mycroft's hand...

January 6, 2014 10:27 am  #42

sj4iy wrote:

In this screencap of the trailer, I'm wondering, could this be Sherlock's hand on the hospital bed?  If you look, it looks like a man's body (with no gown and a blood pressure cuff on the bicep).  What are your thoughts?

There used to be quite a lot of pictures of Sherlock's/Benedict's hands in the picture threads here in the forum... maybe we should try and compare them ;)

But yes, I am also very much scared of HLV and of the horrible things I feel are going to happen there...  I think it's simply going to be heartbraking. Not to mention the terrible cliffhanger which will probably make Reichenbach look like a birthday party. And then the endless waiting again...

(Wait, how in the world did I become afraid of an episode of a TV show?? Damn you, Moftiss )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 6, 2014 11:51 am  #43

I actually don´t know what´s going to happen. As already mentioned it seems to be very unlikely that John becomes a father - I can´t imagine that right now, too much against canon. Or does somebody think otherwise? Also there were several hints already that something is not okay with Mary. So in first sight I think it has something to do with her and/or the baby. And honestly: If I had to make a choice, which of the characters have to leave the series, I would chose her. And, no, I am absolutely no Johnlocker, I was never against a Mary, but somehow, I have to confess, I find her nice, but also a little bit boring . There definetely must be a secret, if not, she´d be a very plain person. And I don´t want to miss Molly or Lestrade or Mrs. Hudson!
Or Mycroft, and that´s the next point: Mycroft seems to play a bigger role this time, a role, which I don´t get clear yet. There is something, or? But I don´t hope he must leave the show for any reason.

January 6, 2014 12:17 pm  #44

I was distrubed by the part in the trailer where Mycroft tells Sherlock "If you go against CAM you go against me."     WHAT!?!?!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 6, 2014 12:46 pm  #45

tonnaree wrote:

I was distrubed by the part in the trailer where Mycroft tells Sherlock "If you go against CAM you go against me."     WHAT!?!?!?

I wonder if he means in a literal sense or in a figurative sense...? For example, maybe it terms of power and influence, CAM is equal to Mycroft and that's what he means when says "You go up against CAM you go against me"...?

-------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2014 1:13 pm  #46

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

I wonder if he means in a literal sense or in a figurative sense...? For example, maybe it terms of power and influence, CAM is equal to Mycroft and that's what he means when says "You go up against CAM you go against me"...?

I was mostly disturbed by the expression on his face. 

It would be a great twist if he allied himself with this psychopath. A man in Mycroft's position would have to deal with all kinds of unsavoury folks, why not have a deal with the devil when the situation requires it? I'd find it hard to believe that Mycroft's hands would be entirely clean. Then again, quotes in trailers are always out of context, just watch the previous ones. 

January 6, 2014 1:46 pm  #47

I would think that Mycroft's position is that he doesn't want Sherlock stepping on his toes, so to speak.  Maybe he's going after CAM and doesn't want Sherlock to ruin it.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 6, 2014 4:49 pm  #48

I'm worried about Mycroft now. =(

January 6, 2014 5:09 pm  #49

silverblaze wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

I was mostly disturbed by the expression on his face. 

It would be a great twist if he allied himself with this psychopath. A man in Mycroft's position would have to deal with all kinds of unsavoury folks, why not have a deal with the devil when the situation requires it? I'd find it hard to believe that Mycroft's hands would be entirely clean. Then again, quotes in trailers are always out of context, just watch the previous ones. 

Yeah, people in high positions do that all the time. It's called corruption which I'm sure Mycroft is capable of. I wouldn't exactly blame him for that because if the situation requires it it's a perfectly reasonable thing for him to do... but I don't want to jump to early conclusions. I'm sure this bit was out of context.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 6, 2014 5:22 pm  #50

I think Mycroft saying "if you go against CAM you go against me"means that CAM is too powerful for Sherlock to destroy so it would be better if Sherlock doesn't even try for his own sake..

January 6, 2014 6:45 pm  #51

Westwood! wrote:

I think Mycroft saying "if you go against CAM you go against me"means that CAM is too powerful for Sherlock to destroy so it would be better if Sherlock doesn't even try for his own sake..

I do hope this is the correct context for the statement.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 6, 2014 6:59 pm  #52

tonnaree wrote:

Westwood! wrote:

I do hope this is the correct context for the statement.

I'm thinking it probably is or at least something similar. When hearing Mycroft say it, it doesn't sound like a "threat" to me, more a warning. 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2014 7:12 pm  #53

Isn't he just telling Sherlock to back off, like he did with the Woman?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 7:55 pm  #54

I might be able to go to the Bafta screening on Wednesday (but don't worry I won't post any spoilers!)

However, just this - from what I hear only Amanda and Lars Mikkelsen will attend the Q&A - to me, that's a spoiler right there.

January 6, 2014 8:05 pm  #55

besleybean wrote:

Isn't he just telling Sherlock to back off, like he did with the Woman?

I think I agree with you, Besely.  There's something big going on, something where it must appear that Mycroft and associates are working with and/or condoning whatever it is CAM and his associates are doing and need to keep it very quiet.  OR it could it be that everything about CAM on the surface appears rosy and his publications are all rah, rah, pro-government or whatever it is that is needed by certain political parties and he's pulled the wool over everyone's eyes (except eventually Sherlock).  But we've had a glimpse of CAMs secret lair at the end of TEH, haven't we.  It's downright creepy. He's slime and he's got something on Mary for sure. Uh oh.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 6, 2014 9:08 pm  #56

I don't like the way it sounds, like it could be Sherlock's fault that something fatal is happening, maybe even to his friends. Does that happen in canon?
I'd prefer blackmail, maybe even a choice, a sacrifice... something like that. I guess it will be Sherlock doing the sacrifice. Because of the vow in TSoT that was mentioned?

Is it for sure that Mary dies already in HLV?

"It is what it is."

January 6, 2014 9:12 pm  #57

I can only speak for myself, I selfishly hoped she was going to!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 9:45 pm  #58

I'm really looking forward to meeting CAM. I hope he's a villain you absolutely have to hate. Irene and Moriarty were villains, but they were kinda fun and adorable. I don't think CAM is gonna be in that category.

Wonder what he wants. He seems to be wanting something from Mary. Money perhaps?

And he's gonna break Sherlock down? How are they gonna do that without repeating Reichenbach themes? 

Who knows, maybe CAM has something on Mycroft too? He must have secrets. 

It's gonna be good. We're gonna be afraid, then sad, then we'll want to throw something at Moffat in the hiatus. And hug him. 

January 6, 2014 9:47 pm  #59

Ooh.

January 6, 2014 10:16 pm  #60

I fear for my very soul.   

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera