BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 1:24 am  #21

Re: So... I've Got a Theory

let's hope you are right, commonwealth.

John Watson: "He’s clueing for looks"

January 6, 2014 1:32 am  #22

Commonwealth wrote:

Maybe I'm just an optimist.  Perhaps Mary will be kidnapped for most of the episode and the cliffhanger will simply be whether or not Sherlock and John rescue her in time.

I have always considered myself a firm optimist.  Then I got to know Moffat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 6, 2014 1:50 am  #23

Guys. There is NO WAY the baby will be around. No way.

January 6, 2014 2:14 am  #24

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Davina wrote:

Sherlock's vow (his only vow) is to protect the three of them.

*bursts into tears because of all the predicted feels*

^ Pretty much me at the end of TSoT  ...so, do you think Mary will be very pregnant by HLV? Or will it be before that? I wouldn't put it past Moffat to kill her off while still pregnant, and not far enough along to save the child.

-------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2014 8:34 am  #25

According to the books, Mary has a few years to live. But we don't what the guys do with this canon.

Ahhh, sometimes it's hard to be a fan of Sherlock AND A Song of Ice and Fire...

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 6, 2014 9:02 am  #26

I have a bad feeling about Mary, too ...

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 6, 2014 11:06 am  #27

This really is a very difficult puzzle. In ACD canon Mary dies after a few years, not so soon. They don't have children however.
Maybe she doesn't die in HLV but loses the baby because of something CAM does. If it's Sherlock's fault in any way, his last vow might be to take CAM down whatever it takes. And after watching the teaser for the episode, that doesn't bode well.

Please don't read on from here if you don't want any more spoilers.

Also, judging from the setlock deductions, Sherlock seems to be in hospital at one point- maybe this temporary incapacitation is the reason why CAM gets the chance to do something to Mary. It'd mean Sherlock isn't able to fulfill his vow while he is injured and has to face the consequences afterwards.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 6, 2014 11:19 am  #28

Oh god, I made the mistake and listened to them... every single preview of HLV sounds like background music for a funeral! Especially the last one, no. 22. This is so not good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

January 6, 2014 1:22 pm  #29

I still hope that they won´t follow the canon in this way..even if she´s pregnant, that would be really too much IMO...but - true is we don´t know what´s in their funny heads, do we.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 6, 2014 1:34 pm  #30

Mary. So sweet. So lovely.
-
-
-
-
-
Moff's gonna kill her. 

January 6, 2014 2:43 pm  #31

silverblaze wrote:

Mary. So sweet. So lovely.
-
-
-
-
-
Moff's gonna kill her. 

And we will be able to say "Moffat killed Mary"... WOW! I know some people who is going to love having another reason to hate him 

January 6, 2014 4:21 pm  #32

Yeah, whatever you don't like, blame Moffat. Seems to be standard practise in some of the Whovian and Sherlock fandoms. They even blame him for bits of TEH they don't like. Mark's never mentioned. 

January 6, 2014 4:34 pm  #33

Gee! Imagining her being killed while pregnant just reminds me of the murder of pregnant Sharon Tate by Charles Manson's followers... brrrr............

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I think Mary is hiding a dark secret.

I mean, there must be a reason for that "LIAR" in Sherlock's deductions of her (I certainly don't think it's just because she hadn't told John she didn't like his mustache huh).

Liar. Disillusioned. Clever.

And of course that telegram from CAM.

I know we all think she's nice and all and don't want her to die, and that we all think that they made her so lovable just to break our hearts if something bad happened to her, but what if the big surprise was she was not as nice as we think she is?

Maybe my mind is completely twisted but we know very little about her. She has no family. We don't really know what her past was like (but surely, if she has whatever link with CAM, it must not be all pink, huh?) but I was thinking that:

1) she is actually a accomplice of the baddie, a very clever one (enough to fool not only John but above all Sherlock, like "Jim from the hospital" had done. After all, "Jim" first seemed to be the most innocent guy around... ) and that'd explain why she looks that weird when sherlock deduced she's pregnant. Not very plausible as she was with John before Sherlock came back.

2) She is a truly kind girl but did something bad in the past (or her family did something bad), something that  "disillusioned" her (maybe CAM has got something to do with the death of her parents) and which she never told John about and tried to redeem herself, but that dark past suddenly reappears.

Or maybe after all Sherlock has made a mistake and that she's not pregnant but got a serious illness...

Well, that's just thoughts...   

Just like old times...

January 6, 2014 4:56 pm  #34

I'm thinking... since we're all convinced Mary's gonna be killed off, maybe it's too obvious. I mean, Moftis are pretty clever people. I'm also wondering that it's perhaps not dark enough, given what we've been promised. The character appears so shortly, it won't have the emotional impact. 

I read other theories: killing Mycroft (NOOO), killing their parents, maybe something else is gonna happen. What could happen that is more dramatic and less obvious than killing Mary? Maybe I'm getting paranoid. 

Then again, no way that baby is gonna happen. 

January 6, 2014 4:58 pm  #35

You reckon?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 5:28 pm  #36

Yes, maybe they're gonna kill off a character "less obvious" than Mary (then again I thought at first that when they gave "rat, wedding, bow", it couldn't be John's wedding because it was too obvious, and yet it was): Molly? Lestrade? ...

Mycroft? Oh my. Rather not think about that. But somehow I can't see this happening.

Mr and Mrs Holmes, that could make a good plot, and that would "justify" their presence in TEH, but that would not be heartbreaking enough. We barely know them.

Just like old times...

January 6, 2014 5:37 pm  #37

I'd be upset enough!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 6:23 pm  #38

Maybe no one is gonna die. Maybe Mary kills Magnussen and gets a life sentence. 

Or maybe, unlike in the book, they catch Watson this time and he confesses guilt to protect Mary. 

The setlock thingy is canon though. 

I don't really see them kill Mycroft, but if I wanted to upset people, that's how I'd do it. Not that I could ever kill a character I love so much. 

Hell, I think they'd like to have a character whose actor has the same schedule as the producers. 

January 6, 2014 6:37 pm  #39

mujie wrote:

Not sure if this is the right forum for it, but the only spoiler for episode 3 I know is the title, so I don't think this is really spoilery. I'd guess a few people would have the same idea as me. So here it is...

I think Mary Morstan (or however her name is spelt) is going to die.

So, episode 3 is called His Last Vow, right? Well, Sherlock made his last vow this episode. So seemingly the relationship between the 3/4 is an important factor in the episode. And why would they make it so important... If something doesn't go wrong? All the (2) seasons have ended in cliffhangers so far. So I think someone will die at the end of the episode. Or at least be on the verge of it.

They wouldn't kill off Sherlock. As he said, that's so 2 years ago. I doubt they'd kill John, so that leaves Mary and the baby, right? Well, Mary dies in the canon, doesn't she? So... Yeah. I think most likely she'll get shot or something, and John will be mad at Sherlock and blame him and the cases, but that's just my theory. Hopefully that won't happen, but that's what I think anyway.

this is exactly my theory i just can't bear to watch sherlock and john's relationship torn apart..

January 6, 2014 6:43 pm  #40

I think they're either going to find out she isn't pregnant at all, or she will have a miscarriage.
That will be heartache in itself for John and Mary.
But then later in the episode, something is definitely going to happen to her, and it's going to brought on her from her past.

Ithink sherlock knows something about mary that we don't know yet, because he stopped reading the messages as soon as he read that CAM message.

Board footera