BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2014 11:45 pm  #81

Re: First Thoughts...

Mycroft doing his exercises in the Lycra and checking his tummy...hilarious. A couple of other thoughts. After telling John & Mary that she is pregnant Sherlock definitely gets an odd look pass across his face a couple of times. Perhaps he realises how much a baby would change things but I got the impression it was something else. Another thing. The Maid of Honour was distinctly Irish and has dark hair. I immediately thought of a possible connection with James Moriarty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 5, 2014 11:45 pm  #82

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 5, 2014 11:54 pm  #83

Davina wrote:

Mycroft doing his exercises in the Lycra and checking his tummy...hilarious. A couple of other thoughts. After telling John & Mary that she is pregnant Sherlock definitely gets an odd look pass across his face a couple of times. Perhaps he realises how much a baby would change things but I got the impression it was something else.

I also got that feeling. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Mary does make some faces though that leave me perplexed.

January 5, 2014 11:54 pm  #84

I would just like to mention that this episode was a tour d'force for Benedict Cumberbatch.  This whole show was basically on his shoulders the entire way through.  Longest best man speech in history and all those deductions in his mind with the girls who dated the "ghost". He was funny and touching and just all around wonderful.  He needs an award of this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 5, 2014 11:55 pm  #85

This heartbreaking hug....
Can watch it again and again and again....

Last edited by gently69 (January 5, 2014 11:57 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 5, 2014 11:55 pm  #86

SolarSystem wrote:

OH MY!!!  

The episode itself.   AMAZING.  Loved every minute, apart from the walking off alone (Molly - I'm ashamed of you ... you saw him leaving and didn't chase after him!)

Just watched it again, and my favorite bits:-

Sherlock's 'sociopath' smile when interrogating Mary's friend;
the look on both boy's faces with the 'elephant in the room';
Sherlock's reaction to be asked to be best man (FANTASTIC)
The rapid blinking thing.   (weirdly sexy)
Drunk (don't need to say any more)
"How is ........T.......om"??

... do you know what - so many good bit's can't list the rest.  Possibly my favorite episode.  Don't want next Sunday to come 

"Oh no. You're...."
"Yes."
"Oh my God"
"..Not quite"
(The Empty Hearse) 

"I must stop twiddling things!"  (Benedict Cumberbatch, commentary 'A Scandal in Belgravia')

Do you ever have times when you have, like a whole pretend conversation with Sherlock in your head.  ..... What, NEVER!! .... Oh.  Right.    No, me either.

January 6, 2014 12:07 am  #87

gently69 wrote:

This heartbreaking hug....
Can watch it again and again and again....

*points to sig* ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 12:14 am  #88

Oh god... I'm done. Watched the hug scene and parts of the drunken scene a dozen times at least I maybe have around 4 hours to sleep before having to get up again. I am sooo moved... hey, it's a TV show... damn! Right, gotta leave it for now...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 6, 2014 12:20 am  #89

What did we think of Irene's cameo? Naked of course XD

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 12:29 am  #90

Sherlock going home alone broke my heart :'(

IMHO Martin's performance was the highlight of episode 1 and Ben's was the highlight of this one.

January 6, 2014 12:30 am  #91

Finally managed to watch it (stream was broken, had to wait for iPlayer). I didn't understand everything, because there were no subtitles on iPlayer  but nevertheless, I think it was a great episode! Better then the first one. I have only two little things I didn't like: The beginning when Lestrade called full forces to Baker Street, a bit exaggerated IMO. And second, I would have prefered the stag-drunken-sequence without the vomiting scene, but well these are only minor complaints. Now I'm going to bed, I think I am going to rewatch the episode again in the next few days (hopefully with subtitles). I am dreading HLV .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 6, 2014 12:36 am  #92

People online are saying the hand on the operating table in the His last vow trailer is Sherlock's.

Somebody help me!!

January 6, 2014 12:38 am  #93

Any Harry Potter fans?

According to BBC Twitter, Bainbridge was played by Alfred Enoch, aka Dean Thomas!

I knew I recognised him! ^^

January 6, 2014 12:53 am  #94

Oh wow!  That's fabulous!

Ladies, I've made some Earl Grey (decafe) and some toast with jam.  Anyone else need a little something to help calm down?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 6, 2014 1:32 am  #95

Oh my god...I....I....I am barely coherent right now...that episode was a punch to the gut, both for what it is and what it preludes in the next episode...I just....I just *wraps self in shock blanket*. I'll probably give a more thorough answer tomorrow, but for now, I'll just say that The Sign Of Three is my favourite episode of Sherlock so far. I loved it, it was incredibly well written, well edited, the main story as well as the side ones were fantastic, and Sherlock...well, Sherlock was the best part. I felt (feel) such compassion for him. Though in a different way, my heart breaks for him just as much as it did for John at the end of TRF...I just want to hug him *hugs him*.
And Mary is pregnant...I didn't think they could come up with a way to make her death (let's face it,  the probability of her not dying in HLV is very small) even more tragic, well, they did. I cried when Sherlock spilled the beans there. I cried so many times throughout that whole episode. So beautiful, the John and Sherlock relationship in that episode was something magical....And of course, we got our hug 
Of course, I immediately noticed that one of the "telegrams" was from CAM (*coughs* new villain *coughs*) and directed towards Mary specifically, we pretty much already knew something was going on there but now we know for sure.
So, long story short...I loved it, and wasn't prepared for the emotional onslaught. If there was any doubt (there wasn't really) in the fact that Sherlock is my favourite TV show ever...well, that doubt was eviscerated by The Sign Of Three.

Ok, there's my first impression...time to go burrow under my shock blanket now and try to prepare myself for next week...god. 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (January 6, 2014 1:34 am)

-------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2014 1:37 am  #96

Silver...*hugs*

January 6, 2014 1:51 am  #97

tonnaree wrote:

Oh wow!  That's fabulous!

Ladies, I've made some Earl Grey (decafe) and some toast with jam.  Anyone else need a little something to help calm down?

Yes please! Cup of tea with a human eye!

Just like old times...

January 6, 2014 1:51 am  #98

kittykat wrote:

Silver...*hugs*

*hugs back* I needed that...thanks.

Seriously, amazing episode. 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2014 1:53 am  #99

I'm fighting off a cold at the moment...this episode was good medicine ^^

January 6, 2014 2:34 am  #100

*passes tea all around*

And now sadly ladies I must leave you.  First day back at work tomorrow since Christmas eve.  It's been wonderful sharing the holidays with you!

*expecting sweet johnlock dreams*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera