BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2014 10:56 pm  #61

Re: First Thoughts...

tobeornot221b wrote:

Ozma wrote:

One thing - has anyone else noticed Mary didn't seem to be ecstatic when Sherlock told them he deducted she was pregnant? She seemed more upset than happy to me, and Sherlock's face kind of changed after seeing that. Just me?

She definitely panicked.

I agree, she panicked. Didn't look good to me, to be honest...
And could it be that Sherlock did a little bit of Martin Crieff right there and then? "Don't panick, there's absolutely no need to panick", something like that?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 5, 2014 10:57 pm  #62

LucidPlazma wrote:

Is nobody going to mention Mycroft exercising?I almost fell out of my chair laughing. :D

I actually did mention this in my longer post above

LOVE IT!!!

Just like old times...

January 5, 2014 10:57 pm  #63

LucidPlazma wrote:

Is nobody going to mention Mycroft exercising?I almost fell out of my chair laughing. :D

Oh yes, yes, yes, same here, I just couldn't stop laughing...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 5, 2014 11:00 pm  #64

Punch me in the face wrote:

LucidPlazma wrote:

I actually did mention this in my longer post above

LOVE IT!!!

Sorry for not reading.  

January 5, 2014 11:01 pm  #65

Rather liked the "thing" between Sherlock and the Maid of Honor.  She kind of "got him" and was pretty sharp.  But I don't think he was truly interested in her in that way though.  In this episode, Sherlock has given up the 'caring is not an advantage' facade and has shown he does care deeply. Just for a moment, in the happy time of the wedding, with everyone dancing around him, I think he wanted to reach out to someone and just try to be a part of it too, if only for a little while; but alas, no, it wasn't meant to be and the lonely man departs - alone, believing it is the end of an era like everyone told him it would be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 5, 2014 11:11 pm  #66

KeepersPrice wrote:

In this episode, Sherlock has given up the 'caring is not an advantage' facade and has shown he does care deeply. Just for a moment, in the happy time of the wedding, with everyone dancing around him, I think he wanted to reach out to someone and just try to be a part of it too, if only for a little while; but alas, no, it wasn't meant to be and the lonely man departs - alone, believing it is the end of an era like everyone told him it would be.

A lot of interesting facettes about Sherlock were shown in this episode, and apart from seeing how he behaves when he's drunk (hilarious!) and how he reacts to John asking him to be his best man, my favourite moment would be exactly the one you've mentioned, KP. The way he looks around and seems to search the room for... someone... that's loneliness, right there. And maybe this really was the first time (or at least one of the first times) he experienced what it really means to be lonely.

January 5, 2014 11:14 pm  #67

Sherlock loves to dance!  And has Ben had lessons?  He did very well on that spin.

I think Keeper hit that nail on the head, that for a moment Sherlock wanted to dance and be a parrt of the happiness.

May we all forever treasure our boys drunk and pratically passed out on the stairs.

Did all you Johnlockers notice that when the boys were sitting in 221B playing that silly game that John was practically playing footsie with Sherlock.  *giggle*

And lets' not forget them waking up in the Yard.  Betting that was one of the greatest mornings of Lastrade's life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 5, 2014 11:16 pm  #68

This moment was heartbreaking. I think he spent the day in a sort of frenzy full of positive feelings and some anxiety and crime solving and now he suddenly realises he does not belong there after all. And it was really sad that nobody came to him at that point. (Btw, this totally reminds me of the wedding scene in Guy Ritchie's SH film where RDJ leaves the wedding alone and unnoticed). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 5, 2014 11:19 pm  #69

Yes, I didn't get all the words during that scene because of the music (i had to concentrate even more to understand) but I too noticed she made a strange face when Sherlock said that. Who knows? Maybe she's already been pregnant in the past and something went wrong (miscarriage) so she's afraid it happens again or something like that. We don't know much about her past, after all... (the bbc version, not the canon Mary i mean)

It kind of gave me the impression that she made that face because getting pregnant wasn't really in her plans - just yet, or maybe even ever.

This is not Mary-bashing, please don't get me wrong. But we can't surely think Moffat and Gatiss put her in the series just to be 'lovely' and a nice new character...she has a long story (and maybe a secret) behind her and we might just see that in His last vow...

January 5, 2014 11:25 pm  #70

tonnaree wrote:

Did all you Johnlockers notice that when the boys were sitting in 221B playing that silly game that John was practically playing footsie with Sherlock.  *giggle*

I haven't noticed that but I did notice that way John grabbed Sherlock's knee, lol.

Anyway, to come back to the last scene. Yes, that was very sad.

I really really like how those two last episodes show us how lonely the Holmes brothers are and I think that even Mycroft doesn't cope as well as he pretends too with loneliness. Like I said here before, one of his first reactions about the wedding is (it's not the exact words huh): "So I guess I'll see you more often from now" while talking to Sherlock.

At some point I thought that Molly was going to follow Sherlock and convince him to stay. It is so sad to see him leave like that. I can only imagine what he's going to feel like once he's back at home, thinking a page has definitely been turned...

Just like old times...

January 5, 2014 11:27 pm  #71

tonnaree wrote:

And lets' not forget them waking up in the Yard.  Betting that was one of the greatest mornings of Lastrade's life.

Two words: "Waky, waky!"

January 5, 2014 11:28 pm  #72

tonnaree wrote:

May we all forever treasure our boys drunk and pratically passed out on the stairs.

What I noticed and loved about the drunken "Who Am I Game" was John asking Sherlock, in all seriousness, "Am I pretty?" I actually found that to be quite erotic.  Of course the mood had to be broken by Sherlock not even knowing who Madonna is, but I thought it was really lovely and funny all at the same time. God, those writers and actors are amazing that they can pull off that sort of thing so we can never be quite sure which end is up.

Drunk on the stairs was perfect! It's the closest us Johnlockers will see then lying down together, I think.    In fan fiction many things take place on those stairs - not the least of which is Mrs. Hudson catching them.  BTW, nice little back story on Mrs. Hudson too.  I think we always knew she was a saucy thing in her day! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 5, 2014 11:29 pm  #73

I can only imagine what he's going to feel like once he's back at home, thinking a page has definitely been turned...

Another evening in a dark flat with some chips...? Oh God...

January 5, 2014 11:32 pm  #74

KeepersPrice wrote:

Drunk on the stairs was perfect! It's the closest us Johnlockers will see then lying down together, I think. In fan fiction many things take place on those stairs -

Oh yes! And while lying on those stairs, Sherlock announces: "I have an international reputation!"
Ah, interesting... and what kind of reputation would that be...?
(Oh yes, I'm a naughty girl right now...)

January 5, 2014 11:32 pm  #75

Ozma wrote:

Yes, I didn't get all the words during that scene because of the music (i had to concentrate even more to understand) but I too noticed she made a strange face when Sherlock said that. Who knows? Maybe she's already been pregnant in the past and something went wrong (miscarriage) so she's afraid it happens again or something like that. We don't know much about her past, after all... (the bbc version, not the canon Mary i mean)

It kind of gave me the impression that she made that face because getting pregnant wasn't really in her plans - just yet, or maybe even ever.

This is not Mary-bashing, please don't get me wrong. But we can't surely think Moffat and Gatiss put her in the series just to be 'lovely' and a nice new character...she has a long story (and maybe a secret) behind her and we might just see that in His last vow...

Yes, maybe indeed. Maybe she didn't want children, and so she's not very pleased.

Or like someone else mentioned, maybe she's been unfaithful and that there is a chance that this is not John's child and she is worried about this.

Maybe she was not supposed to be able to have children because of an health problem or whatever and she's completely stunned by the news (doctors had told my mum that she would never have children again after my brother and I was a very big surprise ten years later)

Or maybe we're just over-analyzing and that she's just surprised, or would have rather learnt this differently, announced this to John differently (you know, with a pair of little socks or whatever)

Just like old times...

January 5, 2014 11:34 pm  #76

SolarSystem wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Drunk on the stairs was perfect! It's the closest us Johnlockers will see then lying down together, I think. In fan fiction many things take place on those stairs -

Oh yes! And while lying on those stairs, Sherlock announces: "I have an international reputation!"

Three Continents Sherlock? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 5, 2014 11:34 pm  #77

I think the baby's definitely John's though. They want us to like her, and if the baby wasn't John's, that wouldn mean she'd had an affair. Then we wouldn't exactly feel sorry for her, we'd be all "You bitch, how could you cheat on Jawn"

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 5, 2014 11:41 pm  #78

SusiGo wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Oh, maybe...? Then again, maybe not.

January 5, 2014 11:41 pm  #79

Okay, time for some thoughts...if I can think straight XD

Um...Greg at the beginning getting the urgent text from Sherlock...I had a feeling that it might be due to writing the speech! Hilarious! Mrs Hudson walking in on Sherlock dancing, that was great! And Sherlock's weird way of bonding with that kid XD Another thing I liked was how Sherlock handled Mary's ex...basically telling him to back off or else ^^

The wedding planning was funny, how Sherlock learned the napkin thing from youtube and how Mary knew he was fibbing before he confessed! 

The reception was just lovely, I really like that bridesmaid Sherlock was talking to!

The case was pretty good, quite interesting and ties in to the reception later...and how John called Sherlock nurse XD

Loved Molly's sex comment XD The stag night was fantastic! You just know Ben and Martin had fun doing that! Especially Sherlock drunkenly arguing with that guy ^^ 

The best man scene...I knew about this but it was so lovely to see! Brilliant stuff ^^

When they're sleeping on the stairs and Mrs Hudson walks in... Sherlock: "Ah, Hudders!" XD And how they played "Who am I?" I wasn't expecting that but couldn't stop giggling XD And how they fell asleep and then Sherlock vomiting on that rug! And a chair is now a "sitty thing"  And I love how they ended up in overnight custody, Greg's reaction was priceless XD and Sherlock's backside in mid-air *purrs*

I love Mary here...she encourages John to make sure that Sherlock knows the wedding won't change anything between him and John. I love her for that! And when they all did a thumbs-up ^^ 

The hug...I could cry with happiness over that ^^ I was hoping for it so I'm really happy!  And how Sherlock says he loves John too <3 And how Sherlock acknowledges his own faults and how John balances him out 

The plot with Major Sholto...interesting way to tie together the case and the relationships of our three main characters. How Sherlock says that it's not right to die at John's wedding  Also loved Sherlock's spin thing, didn't know Ben could do that!

The Mayfly thing...tricky to follow on a first viewing, but I think I managed it. I'd need to watch those scenes again, but what I got is that the photographer is the brother of one the guys Sholto accidentally got killed and he was seeking revenge. The guard was just practice. But I did enjoy seeing Sherlock in that hat and ruffling his curls!

Love Sherlock playing the violin and then telling John and Mary he'll always be there for them...but I think this could be foreshadowing  And Mary's pregnant! Not sure what to make of her reaction...and poor Sherlock looked so lonely at the end...but when John and Mary start dancing again, John says that Sherlock taught him to dance with the curtains shut and Mrs Hudson walked in XD I just KNEW that this happened!!

All in all...I LOVED it! Funny, heartwarming, nice little mystery, bonding with Sherlock and Mary (love how she teases him a bit). 

But I've seen the trailer for HLV...I get the feeling there's something really bad coming  but for now, I just want to think about this episode ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 5, 2014 11:44 pm  #80

SusiGo wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Saying that while lying next to John? Hmmm! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera