BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2012 8:20 pm  #1

New in here

Glad having found my way to this forum.
Already as a child I read a lot of SH books (the ones the little library in my village had) and got quite fascinated about the stories. Unfortunately I forgot almost all of the content.
Now I saw the BBC Sherlock (in parts, always missed the first half) and had to buy the DVDs to being able to see the whole episodes what I am now doing slowly to enjoy them. I love the dialogues, the cinematography, the characters...
Chapeau to the producers and all the people involved!

What else? Freelancer in the 30s from Eastern Germany with a love for books, music, photography, and knitting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And since yesterday you've moved in with him and now you're solving crimes together. Might we expect a happy announcement by the end of the week?"
-- Mycroft

June 12, 2012 8:40 pm  #2

Re: New in here

hey!!!  welcome to our forum!!  We're all bonkers about BBC  sherlock and about the canon stories too.  we got games,  quizzes,  discussions,  and so forth......I  Know you'll find your way round here quite easily.   We're a very happy-go-lucky bunch here.   I'm a kitty,  by the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 8:48 pm  #3

Willkommen Harry! From the Ost eh? I hope you have a great time here amongst us, slightly, crazy Sherlockians.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 12, 2012 8:50 pm  #4

Erm, hi! I'm a person...
I am sure that you'll really enjoy this forum and make lots of friends!

Molly x
P.S. Sorry it's so short, I just can't think of much else to say...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 12, 2012 8:53 pm  #5

Hi Harry,
welcome to planet Sherlock - here we revolve around anything (but the Sun).
Warm greetings from West to East.
Enjoy!

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 12, 2012 8:54 pm)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 12, 2012 8:55 pm  #6

Hi there and welcome to the forum...thanks for joining us, hope you have fun!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 12, 2012 9:27 pm  #7

Thank you all
sherlockskitty: I suppose I just discovered a small fraction of this place here. Seems as if I got enough to read for the next days...
Davina: Yes, from the "Ost". You're speaking German?
Molly Hooper: Short is fine. And nice
tobeornot221b: Warm greatings to the West - btw, I love your nickname.
Sherlock Holmes: I'm sure I will.

"And since yesterday you've moved in with him and now you're solving crimes together. Might we expect a happy announcement by the end of the week?"
-- Mycroft

June 12, 2012 9:47 pm  #8

Welcome. I'm pretty new here, myself, but I already feel at home. I'm sure you will soon, too.
Did you watch the DVDs in English? I think someone else from Germany said that he/she got more out of watching them directly in English.

June 12, 2012 11:21 pm  #9

Welcome and enjoy!  I'm sure you'll be able to satisfy your Sherlock craving here!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 13, 2012 1:23 am  #10

Welcome Harry. Glad to have you with us Enjoy

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 13, 2012 1:56 am  #11

Hiya Harry, welcome to the forum.

Yes, it's a pleasure to meet me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 13, 2012 3:25 am  #12

Howdy from the States, Harry! Have tons of fun here, but don't expect ever to get anything done in  life again--you'll never drag yourself away...

May we assume that Harry is short for Harriette? ('Course, I guess there are men that knit, but I'm pretty sure I've never met one...)

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 13, 2012 8:16 am  #13

Thanks!
veecee: Yes, I do. First I was thinking of buying them in German, but when I read about the voice of Benedict I got curious and thought it would be a nice thing to improve my rusty English. And yes, it is.
Sherli Bakerst: I think so, yes.
Sentimental Pulse: I'm glad, as well, and I think I'll do.
kazza474: So I am you. Or you are me? Or we are us?
Tantalus: Yes, you may. There are, though, I know a few.

-- Mycroft

Board footera