BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2014 2:43 pm  #1

Could Moriarty still be alive?

They never really mentioned much about Moriarty... assuming no body had been found on the roof, or thta they are keeping his death secret from the public then that could be why.

However is it possible that Moriarty was working with Mycroft or indeed Sherlock, they like eachother because they amuse eachtother. The only thing I didn't understand was that if Sherlock hadn't anticipated Moriarty would kill himself he would have to make his getaway fooling Moriarty into believing Sherlock was dead (sherlock knew that Moriarty wanted him dead). the Theory given as much as I like it would mean Moriarty would be able to see Sherlock had faked his death.

The main thing I can think of it s that information about Moriarty has been left so that if the writers want to they can bring him back at a later date (after all it is fiction!) but like Moffat said, they cant fake death at eachother what if they met eacother in the street?! He is dead... they have lied to us before but it also sounds pretty conclusive that he is not coming back

What are your thought?

"What Life? I've been away"

'"Shut up John! I don't want everyone knowing I'm still alive"

January 4, 2014 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Could Moriarty still be alive?

I know that there are a lot of new members right now, so may I inform you about the "search" function in the forum? There is an existing thread reg. Moriarty theories, here:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3418

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 4, 2014 2:51 pm  #3

thank you, i was unawre of this

"What Life? I've been away"

'"Shut up John! I don't want everyone knowing I'm still alive"

January 4, 2014 2:54 pm  #4

No problem. Just a try to "keep things together" a bit.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 4, 2014 2:57 pm  #5

It is extremely plausible. Let me add to your thoughts. Anderson theorizes that Moriarty's corpse was used in faking Sherlock's death. As the news reporters say "Richard Brook was proved to be Moriarty after an extensive investigation". Anderson wouldn't have been fired immediately after the Reichenbach showdown. So the police must have come to the hospital terrace and found the body of Moriarty. But Moriarty's body has been used as a decoy according to Anderson. If they found the body,then Anderson would have know and he wouldn't have theorized what he does. Conclusion: They don't find Moriarty's body.

January 4, 2014 2:58 pm  #6

Closing this thread to keep it all in one place

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera