BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2014 2:39 pm  #21

Re: So that "clue everyone has missed". Do we know what that is?

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I always imagined his tears and the whole apology "i am a fake" thing to be for the benefit of any of Moriarty's men who might have been listening in and that he couldn't be certain that the whole thing wasn't being watched more closely or even filmed - Moriarty had already put cameras in their flat so he knew he was capable of doing something like that.

Yeah this is my main issue with the third theory which acts as if Sherlock's jump was purely for John's benefit which is crap lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 5, 2014 11:34 am  #22

Sherlockita wrote:

Hello guys..maybe this is off topic...but did anyone figure out the reason behind Sherlock's tears in The Reichenbach Hall? I saw the Empty Hearse ystrday in India..found the entire show amazing but couldnt find any reasoning behind the 'tears'..anyone have any clue? Honestly, i had found Sherlock's crying really 'out -of-character' thing..what could be the reason he cried..? Doesn't make sense if he did it only to make the entire thing realistic in front of John..as John coudn't have seen those tears from such a long distance...

Sherlock was simply crying . He knew what he did to John at that moment.

January 5, 2014 11:38 am  #23

Well I think as has already been said(elsewhere on the board if not here), I don't think any of us thought of Mycroft posting his own sniper...but did we have a clue to that?
Or was it the fake blood?
There has also been mention of the ' secret service' ring worn by the doctor who attended to Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 5, 2014 3:02 pm  #24

Moriarty's death-Not convinced. I mean,convinced that he is dead,not convinced why that was needed. Sherlock talks about the recall code,but I am not able to think of a single way of how he would have extracted it from him. Irene Adler,who gets beaten by Sherlock,even she had an extra set of pass codes for her cell phone which did different things other than unlocking the phone. Then is it not possible for Moriarty,who is better than Irene,to have a code along with the one that stops the order,that also tells the assassins to execute the order immediately? Moriarty didn't need to kill himself. I think the clue is where Moriarty suddenly realizes that Sherlock isn't ordinary after looking into his eyes. Why that sudden transition? 

January 5, 2014 3:09 pm  #25

I don't believe in the anderson solution. the thing everyone has missed till now imo are the keycode hunter.

I don't believe in a Sherlock look-alike. In another forum I've read a nice theory about the crying girl: It wasn't Sherlock who makes her scream. It was a person the girl saw trought the open door. It was the killer Moriarty placed at the police station for later killing lestrade. the guy in the pink shirt, remember?

> Don't take it personally, please. <

edit: foreign-language-problems: grammar, orthography, wrong vocables, breaks

January 5, 2014 3:16 pm  #26

In reply to Ruthinks re Moriarty death

Could it be possible that Moriarty killed himself because when he realised Sherlock had won, he would be killed anyway. If we consider (i might be wrong here, but just a theory) that there were people higher up than Moriarty in the network who could have ordered his death, perhaps this would explain his suicide? 

The other explanation I suppose is that he was completely insane and prone to extreme changes in mood and just felt like shooting himself in the head at that particular moment. 

Last edited by macytree (January 5, 2014 3:18 pm)

January 5, 2014 3:25 pm  #27

I think it is the latter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 5, 2014 4:14 pm  #28

besleybean wrote:

I think it is the latter.

Was it the green one?

> Don't take it personally, please. <

edit: foreign-language-problems: grammar, orthography, wrong vocables, breaks

January 8, 2014 7:39 am  #29

Well....... I think the obvious clue is that Sherlock, is um, Sherlock.
That we would not get THE solution, just a Sherlock solution.   He says a few times that there were 13 different scenarios.... we saw three of them.... so there's ten more....??? maybe???
I applaud the writers for keeping the solution to be a "non solution", and keep us theorizing.
Even the Anderson Answer has issues... the sniper on the sniper.... come on.  If you are going to shut down the assasins, shut them down... duh.
So, just my humble opinion.

January 11, 2014 12:35 am  #30

If anyone has Twitter. You can send Moffat a question. There is a Q and A this sunday. Send your question via Twitter #SherlockQA.

I don't do Twitter so...someone ask this question. I've gotta know

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

January 11, 2014 7:06 pm  #31

Meh, Reichenbach is really over for me. Moftiss might agree. You see Sherlock walking away from Anderson at the end of TEH? That's the Moftiss. 

January 11, 2014 8:00 pm  #32

I think I've got the clue everyone missed.  I think the correct explanation is the one that Sherlock gives Anderson because the clue that everyone's missed is actually given whilst Sherlock and John are in the lab and John gets the phone call about Mrs. Hudson being shot.  What's Sherlock doing when that happens?  He's playing with a smallish black ball on the counter top.
The squash ball he will use to stop his circulation temporarily.  
Honestly, these writers are sneaky, I've watched that episode half a dozen times at least and I've only just realised.

Last edited by asylum69 (January 11, 2014 8:01 pm)

January 11, 2014 8:39 pm  #33

asylum69, that's certainly not the clue, that everybody missed, that's a clue that was one of the first, which got picked up by the net community So, it could still turn out, that it wasn't even used, lol!

January 12, 2014 4:33 am  #34

Ok.  maybe moriarty  hired someone  that was as tall and lanky  and good looking as Sherlock is,  and he paid a plastic surgeon to  make the thug look exactly like Sherlock.  THEN  that  thug  went and kidnapped the children.  After that, Moriarty had no use for the doppleganger,  and had him killed.   Hidden in the morgue somewhere,  but I don't think Molly knew about it, did she?    Otherwise,  how could Sherlock have even THOT that a double of him WAS in the morgue  without Molly knowing? 

See?   too many holes.  I think Moftiss just gave us a red herring,  to throw us off the track and get us all into a frenzy.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 8, 2014 5:48 am  #35

So obviously, according to the commentary, the clue everyone missed is supposed to be the fact that John can't see the pavement because his view is blocked.. I mean.. seriously?

I don't really know what to say to that, the fact that Sherlock wants John to stay exactly at that point where he can't oversee the whole scenery surely is the first thing everyone noticed when he said the famous words "stay exactly where you are! Keep your eyes fixed on me! Please, can you do that for me?"??

Last edited by Zatoichi (November 8, 2014 5:49 am)

November 8, 2014 8:38 am  #36

Yeah...they say all sorts!
I think it was the squash ball really.
But again, many of us did notice it was odd and some had learned the theory before the revelation...
Oh they just like to be dramatic.

November 8, 2014 12:49 pm  #37

A while ago I read somewhere or perhaps it was an interview on YouTube, I only remember it was something Mr Moffat said, that the clue was the little girl screaming when Sherlock tried to question her. Mr Moffat said everyone should have known by then that there was something odd going on that there must be some kind of look-alike of Sherlock somewhere. I just wonder why Mr Moffat thought that this is something everyone has missed because I found it fairly obvious and I am sure many others did too. He probably underestimates his audience sometimes.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams

November 8, 2014 1:00 pm  #38

I see.  I don't know if a lookalike was absolutely necessary, though.  In fact, a little bit risky in that a lookalike wouldn't look exactly like Sherlock.   The simplest way would have been to knock John over before he sees the body.   No need for Molly to be involved.

Last edited by Liberty (November 8, 2014 1:01 pm)

November 8, 2014 1:31 pm  #39

Ah, everyone's a critic! Tee Hee.
I love the DVD extra discussion on The Resolution...and it makes sesne to me.
It never was my main concern.

November 8, 2014 11:05 pm  #40

There never was any clue!!!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera