BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2014 12:14 pm  #181

Re: The theory he told Anderson - The actual answer??

Seriously, this has been taken. 

You're all wrong. Theory 2 was the correct one. Sherlock and Moriarty ride into the distance and series 3 is all a dream. 

January 4, 2014 12:15 pm  #182

silverblaze wrote:

Seriously, this has been taken. 

You're all wrong. Theory 2 was the correct one. Sherlock and Moriarty ride into the distance and series 3 is all a dream. 

Obvious. Jesses, we could have come to that conclusion ourselves .

January 4, 2014 12:19 pm  #183

silverblaze and anja, I had the same thoughts, lol! Wouldn't it be a hoot, if theory 2 was it?  That Anderson dismissed it wholesale, is strong evidence, that this must simply be it! We can all stop speculating now

January 4, 2014 12:38 pm  #184

Well, in that case, I want action hero Theory 1 to be right. That Sherlolly smooch was very hot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2014 12:46 pm  #185

well she could have left the window opened 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 4, 2014 12:49 pm  #186

I liked the kiss and the hair ruffle, too! But it was Anderson's theory, which makes it doubtful... Is Anderson secretly in love with Molly, and his subconscious played him a trick?
On a more serious note: to put all Moriarty return theories to bed, has there ever been a public acknowledgement, that Moriarty's body has been found and that he is dead? Anderson fantasizes about a mask on Moriarty's dead body. Does that mean, he knows about Moriarty being dead? If so, where did his body end up in the end? It cannot have been on the roof, because then Anderson wouldn't speculate, that Moriarty's body had been used. Or has Anderson gone completely gaga? Or Mofftiss didn't think this through and just wanted their gag, which was a good one, btw.

Last edited by sherlocked (January 4, 2014 12:51 pm)

January 4, 2014 12:50 pm  #187

When I first saw the Derren Brown spoiler ages ago I said "if that's involved in the actual explanation I'll never watch this series again". A little overdramatic of me...similarly if I said "If we never get a genuine non-ambiguous explanation I'll never watch it again" because in reality, I probably will, despite how disappointed I would be in the writing of a team I thought were clever enough to do better. I feel that non-fandom followers of the series - ordinary people who just enjoy it but aren't an active part of the fandom - will be a little less forgiving of this though. My parents have already said that if they don't explain it properly by the end of Series 3 they won't be watching in future. They've already lost them as a following and I fear they'll lose many more...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2014 12:53 pm  #188

for someone who hadn´t seen S2 more than once TEH must be very confusing ! but I take it as a Moftiss´ tribute to us - fans. and hope other people won´t be too critical 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 4, 2014 12:54 pm  #189

as far as it seems, if Moriarty is alive (which I really really want) it would be cool to see how he faked his death and what happened to him! but like Moffat said, they couldnt just fake death at eachother, what if they met eachother in the street, what would happen then? the writers are extremely clever and whatever the theory or how the explanation is given i will still watch the programme because it is genuinely amazing!!!

"What Life? I've been away"

'"Shut up John! I don't want everyone knowing I'm still alive"

January 4, 2014 1:00 pm  #190

You all talk as if they didn't explain the fall to us. But they DID.
There might be more. There might be not. So far, the explanation was there.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 4, 2014 1:02 pm  #191

Well, if they don't tie up all the loose ends a little better, fans won't get invested that much into the show any longer. What use is it to go all over the clues with a toothcomb, if one cannot be sure, if it's even worthwhile. It's debatable, if that would be a good thing or not. It would save us a good deal of our time in real life. I for one have dinner guests tonight and should be shopping and cooking, lol! On the other hand, as a lover of the Golden Age mystery novels and my passion for solving riddles, the show would lose a good deal of it's appeal for me. I would still watch, since I love the actors, and the writing is still good, but for me it wouldn't be the same. But again, we really can't know, which direction this is going before season three isn't finished. I wonder, what we will discuss tommorow night....

Last edited by sherlocked (January 4, 2014 1:10 pm)

January 4, 2014 1:09 pm  #192

Mattlocked, they explained it thrice, and called the most plausible, albeit flawed one into question with Anderson's and their own remarks after the airing. And there are so many loose ends, that you could make a paint brush out of them all. That's not proper explaining, at least IMO. But again, it's a matter of taste, some loathe it, others think, it's brilliant.

January 4, 2014 1:49 pm  #193

sherlocked wrote:

On a more serious note: to put all Moriarty return theories to bed, has there ever been a public /acknowledgement, that Moriarty's body has been found and that he is dead? Anderson fantasizes about a mask on Moriarty's dead body. Does that mean, he knows about Moriarty being dead? If so, where did his body end up in the end? It cannot have been on the roof, because then Anderson wouldn't speculate, that Moriarty's body had been used. Or has Anderson gone completely gaga? Or Mofftiss didn't think this through and just wanted their gag, which was a good one, btw.

Im glad you brought this up Sherlocked I was just about to make a new post about it! I am also confused about the whereabouts of Moriartys body, and If anybody is actually aware that he is dead.

The first theory suggests that he is dead but nobody knows that he's dead. And that he is probably in Sherlocks fake grave or something.

The second (hilarious) theory suggests that he is still alive. Which would lead me to believe that the public probably doesn't know he is dead. 

And the third implies that he was still on the roof but gives no other info as to what happened to the body or if it was ever discovered. 

I am inclined to believe that his death has not been made public, and concealed in some way. But by whom, and why, has totally stumped me. Anybody have any ideas??

Macy

January 4, 2014 1:53 pm  #194

I've always assumed he was in Sherlock's grave.
But yes I agree, it does seem a bit odd that this has not been dealt with at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2014 2:10 pm  #195

In defence of Sherlock half the 'plot holes' people are coming up with are not plot holes at all; and there is also a lot of supposition based on peoples perception of the available evidence.
For example some assume the 'body' just turned up at Mollys morgue. Surely a more realistic option would be that a search; with the help of Molly  would have been going on across the country for a look a like body from the moment Mycroft/Sherlock started to plan the various options. After all Mycroft would have had the full resources of the British Government behind him. 
As for the body. It could have been needed as a fall back if any individual element of the plan (cyclist?) failed to work. Or indeed for any of the other plans they had up their sleeves.
And if we do end up with a major plot hole that generates the same amount of traffic as 'the fall' then Moffit/Gatiss will simply come up with an explanation that will come out as an aside during Season 4. Unless of course they have deliberately placed a plot hole in 'the fall' knowing it will keep us all debating for the next two years

January 4, 2014 2:15 pm  #196

macytree wrote:

sherlocked wrote:

On a more serious note: to put all Moriarty return theories to bed, has there ever been a public /acknowledgement, that Moriarty's body has been found and that he is dead? Anderson fantasizes about a mask on Moriarty's dead body. Does that mean, he knows about Moriarty being dead? If so, where did his body end up in the end? It cannot have been on the roof, because then Anderson wouldn't speculate, that Moriarty's body had been used. Or has Anderson gone completely gaga? Or Mofftiss didn't think this through and just wanted their gag, which was a good one, btw.

Im glad you brought this up Sherlocked I was just about to make a new post about it! I am also confused about the whereabouts of Moriartys body, and If anybody is actually aware that he is dead.

The first theory suggests that he is dead but nobody knows that he's dead. And that he is probably in Sherlocks fake grave or something.

The second (hilarious) theory suggests that he is still alive. Which would lead me to believe that the public probably doesn't know he is dead. 

And the third implies that he was still on the roof but gives no other info as to what happened to the body or if it was ever discovered. 

I am inclined to believe that his death has not been made public, and concealed in some way. But by whom, and why, has totally stumped me. Anybody have any ideas??

i think they have left Moriarty's death/or not death in some cases so unexplained because its fiction, they could then bring him back anytime they wanted to, this would create a new twist on the cannon!

Last edited by KKKKK (January 4, 2014 2:26 pm)

"What Life? I've been away"

'"Shut up John! I don't want everyone knowing I'm still alive"

January 4, 2014 2:17 pm  #197

Tho they do keep insisting he's dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2014 2:29 pm  #198

KKKKK, I liked Moriarty as a villain very much, too, but I really don't think, he will be brought back. Mofftiss have been VERY unambigouos about that point. So, if they are not flat out deceiving us, or change their mind in a very spectacular way, I don't think, we will see him again, or, only in a review kind of way, should they choose to tell us more about the jump. But I'd still like to know, if the public is aware of his death, and what happened to his body. At least Anderson seems to assume, that he is dead.

January 4, 2014 2:30 pm  #199

Most of them focus on how he might have survived but convinced John that he didn't. The point is,he made the fall for a different purpose. Moriarty clearly states that Sherlock's friends would get killed if his people don't see Sherlock jump. 
So,he had to jump for the shooters. Even if they replaced him by another corpse,the shooters would notice. Even if they brought an air bag,the shooters would notice. Sherlock would not know where all the shooters are located,nor does he know how many Moriarty's people are keeping an eye on him. If he knew,he'd have simply messaged Mycroft to take out those assassins and there would have been no need to jump.
All of the three theories shown in the recent episode,including the one that Sherlock tells Anderson,miss out on the point that Sherlock is watched by the shooters.

January 4, 2014 2:33 pm  #200

Guys, seriously, MORIARTY IS DEAD. However, if you do wish to debate something that has already been quite clearly stated by all involved, please start a new thread. This thread is about the final theory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera